Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideways
    Knight
    • Nov 2008

Lanterns of shadows do have -4 light now, though.
    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• MITZE
      Swordsman
      • Jan 2017

Glaurung

Glaurung doesn't seem to have any luck calling for aid when he summons; he cast the spell without crashes, but nobody came when both rodent and I fought him.

Honestly, when FirstAge is less of a beta you might want to ruminate more on what you want him to be; he seemed kind of lackluster as a fight, without his summons especially so.
      Everything you need to know about my roguelike playstyle:

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Comment

• Sideways
        Knight
        • Nov 2008

The description for RESTORE_MANA implies it is not a full mana restore, but it is.

The Phantom of Eilinel is misspelled; also, there's a typo in the description for Bows of the Ossiriand ("It's wielder").

RFE: would be very nice to have Exo's patch for producing CharOutput.txt. It's mostly for angband.live, but I think the Frog patch has helped me a couple times offline too.

There's at least one massively exploitable bug with Leap into Battle. The code for moving the player towards the target only checks if the squares in between are passable, not whether there are monsters in them. If there is a monster in one of the in-between squares, the player will try to move through that square anyway and therefore attacks the monster in it (for a full round of attacks, not the limited blows Leap into Battle normally gives, since it's a normal move)... and if the monster doesn't die, the MOVE_ATTACK moving algorithm will select the same move again next time and give the player another full round of attacks, continuing until the monster does die or Leap into Battle runs out of moves. You can get 20 attacks against a single monster in one turn this way.
        Last edited by Sideways; July 26, 2020, 22:59.

Comment

• MITZE
          Swordsman
          • Jan 2017

Report Batch #11

Monster memory: does not mention is a given monster is a flier. Useful to know for traps, and may not be immediately obvious, seeing as how I didn't know the pre-Angband dragons were flightless.

Fear: Certain enemies should not ever get scared, whether from magic or from low health. Golems, for instance--I've seen them start running at low health.

Comment

• Gwarl
            Administrator
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Sideways
            RFE: would be very nice to have Exo's patch for producing CharOutput.txt. It's mostly for angband.live, but I think the Frog patch has helped me a couple times offline too.
            Oh no actually I just need to inform it that firstageangband is a V-like, which it will understand implicitly when I get round to just having it listed as the nightly build of faangband. I'll get round to that soon.

Comment

• MITZE
              Swordsman
              • Jan 2017

Shop Talk

Shopkeepers still tell you about the old resistance system; 1/3 for resistance and presumably 1/9 for permanent and temporary resists.

Comment

• wobbly
                Prophet
                • May 2012

There's either a bug or bad design navigating the world map. I'm in Menegroth & on the map I can see Amon Rudh is on the left. If I press up the branch for the valley of Nan Dungortheb opens up on the map & now Amon Rudh is on the right of me.

Comment

• wobbly
                  Prophet
                  • May 2012

I don't think a druid's martial arts are displaying correct damage on the character sheet.

Comment

• Sideways
                    Knight
                    • Nov 2008

Maim Foe causes the game to crash if you target an adjacent square with no monster in it. This does not happen if you target an empty direction, which is probably why I didn't catch it before

Comment

• Nick
                      Vanilla maintainer
                      • Apr 2007

Maim Foe should now work properly, including only stunning when a blow hits. Forceful Blow should also now only throw the monster back when the blow actually hits.

These changes will need to go into V too.
                      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Sideways
                        Knight
                        • Nov 2008

I got insta-killed on DL 90 by what appears to be a bug. Smaug breathed dragonfire on me for 1000 damage (more than my max HP) because dragonfire is presently unresistable. Although there are resistance calculations for dragonfire here, the "special damage" they calculate isn't actually used for anything, and adjust_dam() ignores it and eventually returns the original unresisted full damage instead. Hellfire appears to have the same problem; both should have "return special_dam;" appended to their code.

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Sideways
                          I got insta-killed on DL 90 by what appears to be a bug. Smaug breathed dragonfire on me for 1000 damage (more than my max HP) because dragonfire is presently unresistable. Although there are resistance calculations for dragonfire here, the "special damage" they calculate isn't actually used for anything, and adjust_dam() ignores it and eventually returns the original unresisted full damage instead. Hellfire appears to have the same problem; both should have "return special_dam;" appended to their code.
                          Bug fixed now

Comment

• MITZE
                            Swordsman
                            • Jan 2017

Report Batch #12

Hard Biscuits: More of a silly RFE, but they should deal a small amount of HP damage when they nearly break a tooth. Also they should be throwable, since they're so hard.

Shapechangers: should probably be prohibited from mimicking uniques. Maia of Aule keep turning into Quaker on me, after I already killed him no less!

Comment

• MITZE
                              Swordsman
                              • Jan 2017

Great Elementals

Checking the monster list; I've seen at least one 'Great Earth Elemental,' whose average life rating is apparently zero and whose killed column is filled with 'shape.'

This supposed to indicate that it only ever appears as a shapechange?
                              Last edited by MITZE; July 28, 2020, 03:54. Reason: Grammar fixes.

Comment

• Nick
                                Vanilla maintainer
                                • Apr 2007

Latest on Github and angband.live has the Leap into Battle exploit removed, and ego items with bad properties (weapons of Angband, hats of Trollkind, etc) generating properly.

Originally posted by MITZE
                                Checking the monster list; I've seen at least one 'Great Earth Elemental,' whose average life rating is apparently zero and whose killed column is filled with 'shape.'

This supposed to indicate that it only ever appears as a shapechange?
                                That's right.

Originally posted by MITZE
                                Shapechangers: should probably be prohibited from mimicking uniques. Maia of Aule keep turning into Quaker on me, after I already killed him no less!
                                This is a deliberate design feature. Wait until you see something change into Huan.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎