X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MITZE
    I think that whatever fix you implemented to make randarts not have their description consist of just their object power score made standarts not have their flavor text; looking at standarts I have they definitely have descriptions in the art edit files but not in-game.
    This would be entirely possible, except for the fact that I haven't attempted any such fix
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• MITZE
      Swordsman
      • Jan 2017

Report Batch #20

Originally posted by Nick
      This would be entirely possible, except for the fact that I haven't attempted any such fix

Well regardless, something caused randarts to not display their power anymore; if it's unrelated as I said standarts don't display their unique description text anymore either.

Rings of Combat: As far as I've seen any ring of combat that approaches being something good has aggravation on it. Not that aggravation shouldn't generate on them at all, but I feel that it's practically guaranteed starting at far too low a object power level.

Stealth and Aggravation: I know that Dark-Elves can make good use of such objects, but I just had a ring (it was combat) generate with both a bonus to stealth and aggravation. This seem weird?
      Everything you need to know about my roguelike playstyle:

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Comment

• wobbly
        Prophet
        • May 2012

You set off the ancient mechanism! A section of the ceiling falls in behind you!

It would appear Chicken Little was right.

Comment

• wobbly
          Prophet
          • May 2012

Originally posted by Sideways
          (I also feel that FA, with its large and sprawling map, likely shouldn't be balanced around skipping almost all of that map en route to a CL 38 win like V is
          I agree with this & Holy Rage has also made comments that something is out here. Angband 2.9.3 had a much slower power curve, even without O being a harder variant. Modern V is very fast to power up.

I don't think you need to power down all the way to old fashion angband (which can be painful at times), but I don't think the power curve is right at the moment, if you want players to actually spend time in the wilderness, instead of it just being there.

Comment

• Sideways
            Knight
            • Nov 2008

My latest @ seems to have inherited the (largely worthless) home inventory of a previous @ of the same build who died young. Might be something quickstart-related.
            The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• wobbly
              Prophet
              • May 2012

The web vaults in Nan Dungortheb seem to have a fair few scorpions in them.

Comment

• wobbly
                Prophet
                • May 2012

Code:
                name:of Thievery
                cost:5000
                rating:22
                alloc:5:40 to 127
                combat:d8:d3:0
                item:gloves:Set of Leather Gloves
                item:gloves:Set of Alchemist's Gloves
                flags:FEATHER | FREE_ACT
                values:DEX[1+M4] | SEARCH[1+d2M3] | MOVES[-1+d2]
                min-values:MOVES[-3]
                desc:After slipping on these gloves an adventurer will feel agile enough to
                desc: slip through dangers and pick the very pockets of death.
                Are these actually correct? A minimum of -3 on -1+d2. I've got gloves that look like these except without a move speed bonus or a description. Just a set of leather gloves.

Comment

• MITZE
                  Swordsman
                  • Jan 2017

Lighting Issue

I appear to have a shimmering vortex that's projecting its light through the wall, to the east of my @.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FAA Bug 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	233346
                  Last edited by MITZE; August 11, 2020, 13:30. Reason: Fixed attachment.

Comment

• MITZE
                    Swordsman
                    • Jan 2017

Dragon's Breath Wands

Something in the latest bunch of commits appears to have undone the device skill boost (or at least the game displaying such) for said wands. Only Dragon's Breath though--Dragon's Flame/Frost appear to still have device skill boostage in their [I]nspection info.

Comment

• backwardsEric
                      Knight
                      • Aug 2019

Can ents ever learn the feather falling rune? While testing the character sheet, I used wizard mode to equip and ent with boots of slow descent and to set up a pit trap. Upon falling into the pit, the ent didn't learn the rune, which may be the appropriate thing to happen.

A dark elf with boots of kicking did learn the aggravation rune (despite the SHADOW ability). Though that one's going through the "learn after wearing something for a little bit" mechanism rather than the one feather falling uses.

Comment

• jevansau
                        Adept
                        • Jan 2009

I've got an armor of Elvenkind that makes the game hang if I try and purchase it. Is this a known issue?
                        If not, do you want the save file and randart file?

I just go to purchase the armor from the armor shop.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jevansau; August 12, 2020, 08:19.

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by jevansau
                          I've got an armor of Elvenkind that makes the game hang if I try and purchase it. Is this a known issue?
                          If not, do you want the save file and randart file?
                          Not known, yes please.
                          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Saru
                            Scout
                            • Jul 2019

Spell lists

Sorry if this isn't the proper place to ask; is there any plan to rework the spell lists in the future for FA to be more akin to the original? And are you planning on retaining the 5 book system or going back to the classic 9 books?

Having a lot of fun playing FA 1.4.4 while I wait for this to get to a slightly more playable state. Thanks in advance!
                            Clearing levels one spell at a time.

Comment

• backwardsEric
                              Knight
                              • Aug 2019

Originally posted by wobbly
                              Code:
                              name:of Thievery
                              cost:5000
                              rating:22
                              alloc:5:40 to 127
                              combat:d8:d3:0
                              item:gloves:Set of Leather Gloves
                              item:gloves:Set of Alchemist's Gloves
                              flags:FEATHER | FREE_ACT
                              values:DEX[1+M4] | SEARCH[1+d2M3] | MOVES[-1+d2]
                              min-values:MOVES[-3]
                              desc:After slipping on these gloves an adventurer will feel agile enough to
                              desc: slip through dangers and pick the very pockets of death.
                              Are these actually correct? A minimum of -3 on -1+d2. I've got gloves that look like these except without a move speed bonus or a description. Just a set of leather gloves.
                              The -1+d2 for the movement speed will evaluate to 0 or 1. If a pair of them generate with a zero movement speed bonus, @ shouldn't see the ego description unless @ already knows the movement speed rune. Do you remember if that was true for what you saw?

The min-values part will keep the gloves from generating with a movement speed adjustment less than -3. I put in -3 because I was unsure if Nick's intent was to have this ego always generate with a movement speed penalty (-1*(1+d2) = -3 or -2) or to have it the way it currently is.
                              Last edited by backwardsEric; August 12, 2020, 19:30. Reason: Fixed per drquicksilver's post below

Comment

• drquicksilver
                                Scout
                                • Jul 2020

Originally posted by backwardsEric
                                The -1+d2 for the movement speed will evaluate to -1, 0, or 1.
                                0 or 1, surely? A d2 is a coin flip with values 1 or 2; d2-1 is 0 or 1.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎