Poschengband game mechanic questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • wobbly
    replied
    Played a couple more turns & finding it odd as a ring-bearer that I can't 'w'ield weapons & armour.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
    Hmm...I don't think Rings have changed much. Now that I have a bit more time, I'll test a new one for 3.4.4 later
    My guess is this:

    Originally posted by chris
    I new minor version (3.4.4) is available
    Game Changes
    * Monster saving throws now use a competing dice approach
    Edit: Got a craven ring going with 12 chr but it took an annoyingly long time.

    Last edited by wobbly; May 10, 2015, 20:34.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    I've just tried several times. I wasn't being picked up at 18/10 or 18/20 chr. Smeagol disappointingly didn't even consider me. By forcing 18/30 chr (you'll need to be fearless or mighty) I got immediate success both goes.

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    Hmm...I don't think Rings have changed much. Now that I have a bit more time, I'll test a new one for 3.4.4 later

    Leave a comment:


  • krazyhades
    replied
    I've been hanging around in a roguelike thread on another site and getting some folks into PosChengband. It's generally well-liked, but a few people have had serious serious trouble getting a Ring going. I tried it myself, and I think there's something wrong. It's been damn near impossible to get picked up by anybody...they all see you as you really are. Even blubbering idiots.

    I recall when Rings were first released that one could easily tempt a townsperson or novice archer or whatever into picking you up. This is certainly not true right now. It is nearly impossible to find a first bearer. What happened? It's frustrating.
    Last edited by krazyhades; May 10, 2015, 19:26.

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    More bugs:
    Female Mimic characters...sex does not return back to female when you Stop Mimicking monsters!!

    And Mimics start the game with "zero" mana. e.g. my Mighty Mimic, "Cherish 94" started the game with 0/12 mana.
    Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; May 10, 2015, 17:37.

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbly
    How are multiple blows calculated in poschengband? I just switched from a 8.0 lb Short sword to a 10.0 lb Ninjato expecting my no. of blows to go down for the heavier weapon. Instead it went up from 1.9 to 2.1. Neither are egos, I'm beginner in the short sword, unskilled in the Ninjato, STR 18/30, DEX 18, draconian warrior-mage.

    Edit: Is this just the fact I can double-hand the Ninjato? where the short sword is a 1-hnder
    Short answer: Yes, wielding two-handed can increase the number of blows.

    Long answer: Calculating number of blows is complicated (see calculate_base_blows). Just keep in mind that strength and dex help, and that lighter weapons usually get more blows as well. Also, two-handed wielding increases the strength aspect of the calculation.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    How are multiple blows calculated in poschengband? I just switched from a 8.0 lb Short sword to a 10.0 lb Ninjato expecting my no. of blows to go down for the heavier weapon. Instead it went up from 1.9 to 2.1. Neither are egos, I'm beginner in the short sword, unskilled in the Ninjato, STR 18/30, DEX 18, draconian warrior-mage.

    Edit: Is this just the fact I can double-hand the Ninjato? where the short sword is a 1-hnder

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Originally posted by budswell
    Hi, I have a question about items of warning.

    I get that when they pulse its telling me theirs either a trap or I'm moving closer to something I should really be running from.

    But some time is glows colours. It has glowed white in town a couple of times. And just had one glow pink in the orc caves. What do these various glowing colours mean?

    Thanks
    Those mean a unique was generated ... the different colors correspond in some (non-obvious) way with the power of the unique. White in town will mean Farmer Maggot or Lion Heart.

    Aside: I'm losing my internet access in a couple of weeks, so I won't be able to keep up with questions and such as much as I'd like (though I haven't been doing well with that anyway lately)!

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    Hi, I have a question about items of warning.

    I get that when they pulse its telling me theirs either a trap or I'm moving closer to something I should really be running from.

    But some time is glows colours. It has glowed white in town a couple of times. And just had one glow pink in the orc caves. What do these various glowing colours mean?

    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Originally posted by budswell
    Thanks for the spreadsheet, I'm a couple of characters past the rune knight now (they never last - commitment issues I reckon).

    Anyway a question about (I)nspecting an item.
    I just picked up a dagger, not identified or even psudeo id'd. But when I inspect the dagger it tells me info such that it is frosty, can be activated, and is perfectly balanced for throwing.
    Is that correct? I guess it kind of makes sense in that if a wielded it and pressed (A)ctivate then it would come up as an option, but it does feel a bit that I now know something that I technically shouldn't.

    Edit: Screenshot here (its a bit wide):


    I normally never (I)nspect un-id'd stuff. but just wanted to see if it could be wielded while riding (my last character was my first ever ninja so I'm still a little dagger obsessed at the moment.... How awesome are ninjas?!?! Great melee, missile, and awsome utility spells. This one will be a struggle in comparison).
    Thanks ... That's probably too much info for an unidentified object (which you can actually tell is an artifact). Displaying the k_info description for un-identified objects is appropriate ('Daggers are sharp, pointy objects used to stick things.'). Anything more (a_info description or activation) is a bug which I'll fix for next release.

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    Thanks for the spreadsheet, I'm a couple of characters past the rune knight now (they never last - commitment issues I reckon).

    Anyway a question about (I)nspecting an item.
    I just picked up a dagger, not identified or even psudeo id'd. But when I inspect the dagger it tells me info such that it is frosty, can be activated, and is perfectly balanced for throwing.
    Is that correct? I guess it kind of makes sense in that if a wielded it and pressed (A)ctivate then it would come up as an option, but it does feel a bit that I now know something that I technically shouldn't.

    Edit: Screenshot here (its a bit wide):


    I normally never (I)nspect un-id'd stuff. but just wanted to see if it could be wielded while riding (my last character was my first ever ninja so I'm still a little dagger obsessed at the moment.... How awesome are ninjas?!?! Great melee, missile, and awsome utility spells. This one will be a struggle in comparison).

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Originally posted by Arjen
    Some very very old and not up to date spoilers.

    https://code.google.com/p/chengband/...KnightSpoilers
    Those spoilers are too old to apply. Try this spreadsheet instead.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Do pets lose there xp when recalling? or switching levels? I've already worked out they lose xp when taken in & out of capture balls.

    I've had a baby white dragon since I was lvl 1, I'm now lvl 12 & I've not managed to level it to young so I can ride it. Would really like to keep it as I've had him from the start but am not sure whether I'm just wasting my time. It was a pretty funny start. I entered thieves quest with a wand of wonder, polymorphed a bandit into the baby white, it hit me down to 0 hp, became friendly then blasted all the other thieves.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Originally posted by Orrus
    Jus started trying PosChang, coming from Entroband. The game seems to insist on auto picking corpses, even when auto destroyer is set to NOT leave corpses/junk. Default auto picker script is enabled too. Didn't have this issue in Entro.
    Are you using the autopickup under the _ command?

    It counts top lines first, so:

    !junk
    all

    will destroy junk & pickup the rest where as:

    all
    !junk

    will pickup everything and not destroy junk

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕