Poschengband game mechanic questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Orrus
    replied
    Jus started trying PosChang, coming from Entroband. The game seems to insist on auto picking corpses, even when auto destroyer is set to NOT leave corpses/junk. Default auto picker script is enabled too. Didn't have this issue in Entro.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arjen
    replied
    Some very very old and not up to date spoilers.

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    Thanks.
    Are their spoilers anywhere on what all the Runes do? Using *ID* doesn't always provide much info. e.g. <<understanding>> on a lantern.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arjen
    replied
    It protects your inventory vs elemental damage.

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    New question. I have a Rune-Knight who has just created a:
    Rune <<Elemental Protection>>
    It is an item in my inventory, I cannot seem to wield it or activate it or do anything with it. What does it do? Does not sound like a useful thing to throw at people either.

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    Thanks again, never thought of throwing at walls.

    My new character is a weaponsmith. Is there a way to get the auto destroyer (pickupref file, not the easy destroyer) to extract the essences from items before destroying them?

    Or failing that, is there a way to parameterise an macro, where I only have to select the time one to both extract essences and then destroy it?
    Last edited by budswell; April 6, 2015, 04:54.

    Leave a comment:


  • JohnCW9
    replied
    Originally posted by budswell
    Thanks. But do potions/items of speed make any difference at all when riding? Or is there no point?

    And any way to deliberately shatter my potions of speed? i.e. feed them to the mount?
    Throw it against the wall which right next to you. Note watch out for monsters to close to you/

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    Thanks. But do potions/items of speed make any difference at all when riding? Or is there no point?

    And any way to deliberately shatter my potions of speed? i.e. feed them to the mount?

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Your riding speed increases with riding skill (the mounts speed matters also I think)

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    OK, current character is hobbit cavalry. So my question is:

    Is there a way to speed up when riding?

    Quaffing potions of speed does not seem to help. I have noticed "we" speed up when one of my potions of speed is shattered, but how do I make that happen.
    I have a rod of speed (never seen one of those before), but 97% fail makes it useless and haven't had the patience to test it - maybe if/when my stats are up.

    And BTW: The Stone of Lore. Wow. It might want to offer a hint at that in the *ID* description. I had got it once before, but stuck with the phial for the light activation, and there wasn't anything which implied it was better. This time I just had a lamp, so switched. Very happy I did, works great in conjunction with auto destroyer
    Last edited by budswell; March 19, 2015, 16:47.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Yeah getting decent chr on a half troll is hard though. Might try with the barbarian & see if it works.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nivim
    replied
    10-14 of a stat is the "meh ok" range; you shouldn't expect significant bonuses from it. If you want to actually get use out of one, aim for 18 effective or more.
    Also, it might be easier to buy and use a capture ball instead (get a thing down to low HP, then wield and activate repeatedly), and maybe on something better than a horse (seems to even work on really big things if you can actually do the damage and survive), but I have also never tried beastmaster powers so am unsure.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    The original question was about riding. Apologies if my answer was unclear.

    Anyone know how the dominate living creature works on a beastmaster? At level 8, 12 chr I couldn't seem to dominate a horse. Does the 'mighty' personality make a difference? Seems to negatively effect the fail rate for "casting" the power.

    Leave a comment:


  • JohnCW9
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbly
    It's split not sure how exactly, on damage perhaps?


    ! is max. I know magic-eaters & ninjas can't get above unskilled, most casters are bad, cavalry & beastmasters are of course the best, Chaos-warriors & rangers are not bad, the rest you'll have to try .
    That not true for mafic-eaters that can get skilled on one or more weapons

    Leave a comment:


  • debo
    replied
    It's time for end of patioence!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕