Poschengband game mechanic questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • budswell
    replied
    Nope, after the arena I was down to lev 15.
    Recalled to Dungeon (orc caves). By the time I died I was Lev 8. Dump here:

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Drain exp usually is slow enough that killing monsters will easily stay ahead. I'm surprised it is bad enough that you notice it anywhere but wilderness travel.

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    Wow, this ring is terrible. It PERMANENTLY drains experience. As in the Max Exp is also drained, so Restore Live levels has no effect. Basically a garaunteed slow death. Booo.

    I'll go try this arena thing you mentioned. Although be the time I walk there I don't know what level I'll be, already down from 21 to 17.

    Edit: Well did the arena up to a stone Giant and lost. So it seems daying in the arena doesn't count. But he won't let me back in. Is there a timeout, or have I done my dash there. No scrolls so far, only drops were potions of speed and a rod of detect traps.
    Last edited by budswell; March 15, 2016, 23:30.

    Leave a comment:


  • debo
    replied
    Originally posted by budswell
    So I have a ring of the dwarves which says

    Does that mean I'm stuck with it for the rest of the game? Any super special uncurse? (*Remove Curse*) scroll did not work. Playing 4.0.1.

    I was doing the wield then uncurse with {awful} items for cash as I wasn't at the stage where cash was no longer an issue. Don't think I'll be doing that again...
    Scrolls of Mundanity will blast an item back to its base type, removing the curse in the process. (This basically destroys the item.)

    You can find a stack of these early as a prize in the Telmora arena fights. They're pretty rare otherwise, it seems.

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    So I have a ring of the dwarves which says
    It is Permanently Cursed.
    Does that mean I'm stuck with it for the rest of the game? Any super special uncurse? (*Remove Curse*) scroll did not work. Playing 4.0.1.

    I was doing the wield then uncurse with {awful} items for cash as I wasn't at the stage where cash was no longer an issue. Don't think I'll be doing that again...

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    ^ Cursed magical devices is one of...ahem....the balancing surprises, imo

    Leave a comment:


  • Exo
    replied
    Well thats a shame. Being able to uncurse usable items should probably be put into the game.

    Leave a comment:


  • krazyhades
    replied
    Originally posted by Exo
    Quick question: since staves/rods/wands can get cursed now, is there a way to uncurse them? I tried scrolls of remove curse and *curse* but neither work.
    I think they cannot become cursed, they're generated either cursed or not, and don't change from that. A cursed rod has a chance of exploding when used.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exo
    replied
    Quick question: since staves/rods/wands can get cursed now, is there a way to uncurse them? I tried scrolls of remove curse and *curse* but neither work.

    Leave a comment:


  • Regalia
    replied
    Originally posted by Avenger
    Waste in-game time? Am I the only one that gets a meal and a night's sleep at the inn anytime I come out of the dungeon between 6PM and 3AM? *looks around* Is that weird?
    Rest is that thing I get when monsters take a while to come to my fortified positions.

    But it is not unreasonable if you want to travel through wilderness. Afair, you get ambushed less during the day.

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    Originally posted by Avenger
    Waste in-game time? Am I the only one that gets a meal and a night's sleep at the inn anytime I come out of the dungeon between 6PM and 3AM? *looks around* Is that weird?
    Not weird, imo. Some seasoned players don't even rest

    Leave a comment:


  • Avenger
    replied
    Waste in-game time? Am I the only one that gets a meal and a night's sleep at the inn anytime I come out of the dungeon between 6PM and 3AM? *looks around* Is that weird?

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    Originally posted by Exo
    I'm currently playing as a Spider in PosChengband 4.0.0 and for some reason I don't get the option to recharge my items in the Tower of Sorcery in Morivant.
    Is this intentional or did I run into a bug?

    If it is intentional I guess my only option is to sleep at the inn and waste in-game time.
    This is intentional (thanks to Chris). Wands and staves now recharge by themselves.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exo
    replied
    I'm currently playing as a Spider in PosChengband 4.0.0 and for some reason I don't get the option to recharge my items in the Tower of Sorcery in Morivant.
    Is this intentional or did I run into a bug?

    If it is intentional I guess my only option is to sleep at the inn and waste in-game time.
    Last edited by Exo; December 27, 2015, 14:33.

    Leave a comment:


  • Flauterfiddle
    replied
    Originally posted by Regalia
    It would give you to hit and to dmg essences. Depending on how many you have already, it might raise your actual to hit and to dmg.

    Absorb all weapons. Set autodestroyer to absorb all weapons on pickup if you're lazy. It's not worth the time to differentiate between what you'll absorb and what you'll sell. Just absorb all.

    A single exception might be with weapons that resist disenchantment, you might want to keep those and use them up all at once. Why? Because disenchantment is devastating for death-swords (and afair you need a triple! resistance to be immune to the effect).



    Yes, somewhere in the info screens (press ~ then some numbers or space if you will).

    Edit: cleanup.
    I have a question about this older thread post. I'm playing a death sword and I auto-absorb absolutely everything, and the frequently game says "You grow stronger!" and absolutely nothing happens. No more experience, no more dmg/to hit plusses, no brands, etc.

    Is there any way of finding out what has happened?

    I checked the "~" screens and found precisely nothing on the various stat screens.

    Edit: Found it! Last screen, use the "(x) Display extra Info" option!

    Cheers,


    Ed

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕