Thanks for the information.
So what does absorbing a weapon do? I completed the Thieves Quest and received a long sword reward. I read that absorbing it without IDing it might have some benefit.
Before the adsorb I was a broken sword +3 +5 and after the absorb I was the same.
What exactly does absorbing weapons do as a Death Sword?
Poschengband game mechanic questions
Collapse
X
-
Granted, but you don't get a guaranteed 30k shop in any of the 3 main cities (Angwil is a pain to navigate, so I don't even count the shops there). Or 25k, or 20k, or even 15k. And midgame, when you get a bag full of egos in <5 mins, time spent on town switching adds up fast.
My point is, it's mildly boring and little past that.
Sure, you can always get 30k shops in Outpost (keep restarting until it does) but their customer service gets one star out of five (no recharge, no restoration, no mass id, no *id*).
Afair, gold is tied to the owner, so if they changed, then gold likely changed as well.
Edit: seems like the chance is 1/21 atm. Just make sure you don't start buying out the moment you sold a Death Scythe.Last edited by Regalia; June 20, 2015, 12:03.Leave a comment:
-
I really wish the selling limits were the same at least in every town per game and type of store, but preferably just the same for all stores in all games (say 20000). The routine of go to sell item -> oops it's over the selling cap in this town -> teleport to the best town to sell item is totally uninteresting, and poschengband does give you enough ways to spend large amounts of money late in the game that the amount of money you get from selling things does (at least seem to) matter.I just keep a mental note of which town has a 30000 gp weapon or armour shop & dump egos in the home till I visit. I too tend to operate out of Morivant but it's realistically only 1000 gp to teleport to another town then teleport back & gives you a chance to check the black market in another town.Leave a comment:
-
I just keep a mental note of which town has a 30000 gp weapon or armour shop & dump egos in the home till I visit. I too tend to operate out of Morivant but it's realistically only 1000 gp to teleport to another town then teleport back & gives you a chance to check the black market in another town.
Re buyout, I've seen the shop owner change before in Poscheng, unsure whether the max. gold changed.Leave a comment:
-
I recall that buying out a few times was the way to go in some variants.
I've never seen it happen in PosCheng.
And I feel your pain. I tend to restart each character a dozen of times just to make sure that at least one town has decent prices. Even then, since my "base of operations" is Morivant, I restart if prices are <10000 there (sometimes after 15-20 minutes of playing).
I'd *love* to see minimum prices fixed at 15000.Leave a comment:
-
Does anyone know a way to reroll/increase the max amount of gold that any given shop has ?Leave a comment:
-
Try to munch on a wand or a staff. Some are yummy!Didn't want to make a new thread and instead will just add my question to this one.
Death Swords. How do you gain nutrition? I am all of a sudden hungry even though I have been absorbing weapons. The food of mortals offers me no sustenance. Should I just ignore it since I don't actually eat?Leave a comment:
-
Didn't want to make a new thread and instead will just add my question to this one.
Death Swords. How do you gain nutrition? I am all of a sudden hungry even though I have been absorbing weapons. The food of mortals offers me no sustenance. Should I just ignore it since I don't actually eat?Leave a comment:
-
-
New question. What do potions of Clarity (and Greater Clarity) do ?Leave a comment:
-
+1 to this and the choice of user name for OP.It's this guy:
N:1133:Wahaha-Man the Gloden
G:g:y
I:180:100d100:100:200:0:2000
W:85:2:999:35000:0:0
I:115:15d100:10:100:99:666
W:1:6:999:250:0:0
B:GAZE:HURT
B:GAZE:HURT
B:CRUSH:SUPERHURT
F:UNIQUE | SMART | NONLIVING | COLD_BLOOD |
F:RES_ALL | POWERFUL | KILL_EXP |
F:NO_CONF | NO_SLEEP | NO_STUN | EMPTY_MIND | RES_TELE |
P:Copy:Half-Titan:Warrior
Leave a comment:
-
It's this guy:
N:1133:Wahaha-Man the Gloden
G:g:y
I:180:100d100:100:200:0:2000
W:85:2:999:35000:0:0
I:115:15d100:10:100:99:666
W:1:6:999:250:0:0
B:GAZE:HURT
B:GAZE:HURT
B:CRUSH:SUPERHURT
F:UNIQUE | SMART | NONLIVING | COLD_BLOOD |
F:RES_ALL | POWERFUL | KILL_EXP |
F:NO_CONF | NO_SLEEP | NO_STUN | EMPTY_MIND | RES_TELE |
P:Copy:Half-Titan:WarriorLeave a comment:
-
-
-
The recharge times, in normal turns, went from 4 to 19 and similarly quintupled for other spells. It's not related to speed, but thanks for attempting an explanation at least. I ate some wands of frostbolts and now it's down to 1 charge per 14 turns. Looks like I can get it back to 4 by eating approximately the same amount of wands I had to eat to get it to 4 the first time. Even if I can fix frostbolts I can't easily fix the other spells because they're a lot rarer, pretty annoying situation.Last edited by Wahaha; June 12, 2015, 21:03.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: