Poschengband game mechanic questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by ggoDeye
    EDIT: Turned of "Pick things up by default" and now everything is working.

    I can't get the auto-destroyer to do anything. I just started playing PoschengBand today, so this is likely user error.
    I'm running v7.0.2.

    First line in the auto-picker/destroyer editor file is
    Code:
    !corpses
    I pick up a corpse and it's not destroyed. I have the "Use easy auto-destroyer" set to "no". Turning it on does destroy bad items, corpses, but does not follow the custom rules in the auto-picker/destroyer editor.
    You need a character-specific pickpref file. Opening the mogaminator in-game with the '_' key should generate that, even if you just immediately exit the mogaminator without editing anything.

    Also, you don't want the first line in your pickpref to be "!corpses", because that will cause wanted corpses to be destroyed. (You might want the last line in your pickpref to be "!corpses", so it comes after the lines about wanted corpses, but the "!worthless items" line in the default pickprefs should make that redundant.)

    Leave a comment:


  • ggoDeye
    replied
    EDIT: Turned of "Pick things up by default" and now everything is working.

    I can't get the auto-destroyer to do anything. I just started playing PoschengBand today, so this is likely user error.
    I'm running v7.0.2.

    First line in the auto-picker/destroyer editor file is
    Code:
    !corpses
    I pick up a corpse and it's not destroyed. I have the "Use easy auto-destroyer" set to "no". Turning it on does destroy bad items, corpses, but does not follow the custom rules in the auto-picker/destroyer editor.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Originally posted by chris
    Short answer: Yes, wielding two-handed can increase the number of blows.

    Long answer: Calculating number of blows is complicated (see calculate_base_blows). Just keep in mind that strength and dex help, and that lighter weapons usually get more blows as well. Also, two-handed wielding increases the strength aspect of the calculation.
    For me to look at later. I suddenly realized I'd asked. The github doesn't exist anymore but the code & function still do.

    Leave a comment:


  • Narsil
    replied
    Yup, I mean runeknights.

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    ToME had 'Runemasters' IIRC

    Leave a comment:


  • Derakon
    replied
    Originally posted by Regalia
    Are you sure it was Pcb? Rune mages were something in the old TOME (not sure about androids... probably no). Unless you mean rune knights.

    Or did Poscheng have rune mages at some point?
    ToME isn't an ancestor of PosChengband (they both descended from ZAngband). There was doubtless a fair amount of cross-pollination between them, but I would be surprised if PosChengband stole ToME's rune mages, which were always horribly broken.

    And no, ToME didn't have androids.

    Leave a comment:


  • Regalia
    replied
    Originally posted by Narsil
    Not really game mechanic question, but I remember website with Posh spoilers (dungeon and class description, some strategies - I remember description of some android rune mage overpowered build), but I can't find it now. Anyone knows what am I looking for?
    Are you sure it was Pcb? Rune mages were something in the old TOME (not sure about androids... probably no). Unless you mean rune knights.

    Or did Poscheng have rune mages at some point?

    Edited long after posts below: In that case, I have not seen such a page I'm afraid. Not for PCB. Other than a few reddit posts.
    Last edited by Regalia; October 2, 2016, 14:27.

    Leave a comment:


  • Narsil
    replied
    Not really game mechanic question, but I remember website with Posh spoilers (dungeon and class description, some strategies - I remember description of some android rune mage overpowered build), but I can't find it now. Anyone knows what am I looking for?

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    & which ever one changes when you buy from the BM reduces prices in the BM. I'm ambivalent about them. I play with them on but mostly ignore them. You only really need to pay attention if you're some kind of summoner.

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    Moreover, virtues do have an impact on whether you can summon Good / Evil monsters, etc as your pets.

    Yep. ^ Virtues make the game more interesting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cold_Heart
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Mack
    * Poschengband started spamming messages at me: "Moderation in all things." What is the point of this?
    It's the Temperance virtue iirc. You get a + to it when you're hungry.

    Some virtues are basically useless but high Patience decreases the amount of monsters that respawn in a dungeon, high Temperance reduces food level consumption so they have at least some usefulness, Justice and a couple others influence alignment, which in turn influences a couple other things...

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    Originally posted by debo
    Re: the virtues spam, just turn off virtues in birth options. They're the stupidest thing in the universe and Chris tried to remove them once and someone lost their half-baked shit and he put them back in.

    The duel arena is in Telmora, if you're playing in wilderness mode.
    Bhahaha. I gotta say. I really like the Virtues. It adds a unique flavour.

    Leave a comment:


  • nikheizen
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Mack
    How to make a character dump? ')' does something else.
    Press "C" to enter character sheet, then "|" to capture it.
    You can save it as .html in the newer versions too!

    EDIT: I should mention that | works in a lot of places.

    Leave a comment:


  • debo
    replied
    Re: the virtues spam, just turn off virtues in birth options. They're the stupidest thing in the universe and Chris tried to remove them once and someone lost their half-baked shit and he put them back in.

    The duel arena is in Telmora, if you're playing in wilderness mode.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    @Cold_heart
    It's free if you are a burglar ("agent of the black market")
    What is the point of "rest for the night" option at thieves guilds when inns offer that 5 times cheaper?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕