Poschengband game mechanic questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Derakon
    replied
    Originally posted by Wahaha
    I'm playing a magic-eater and suddenly my spell/device recharge times have dramatically increased. For example, frost bolts used to recharge 1 charge per 4 turns. Now it takes 19 turns per charge, which is the longest possible time for frost bolts I think. Same for all other device spells. Does anyone know what could cause this? The only thing I can possibly think of is a bug with !newlife, even this is far-fetched.
    Recharge times are given in normal-speed turns, so if you've found sources of permanent speed, then subjectively your items will recharge more slowly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wahaha
    replied
    I'm playing a magic-eater and suddenly my spell/device recharge times have dramatically increased. For example, frost bolts used to recharge 1 charge per 4 turns. Now it takes 19 turns per charge, which is the longest possible time for frost bolts I think. Same for all other device spells. Does anyone know what could cause this? The only thing I can possibly think of is a bug with !newlife, even this is far-fetched.
    Last edited by Wahaha; June 12, 2015, 09:20.

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    Originally posted by Regalia
    "Black Cloak" raises stealth.

    Not all dungeons have small levels, ex. orc caves seem to ignore this setting completely (if you don't like/like small levels you can always disable or force them on, for dungeons that support them).
    Dragon's lair and Mt Olympus are like that, AFAIK.

    Leave a comment:


  • Regalia
    replied
    "Black Cloak" raises stealth.

    Not all dungeons have small levels, ex. orc caves seem to ignore this setting completely (if you don't like/like small levels you can always disable or force them on, for dungeons that support them).

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    I've got a tame rock giant I was following & in the middle of him fighting a plasma vortex the ceiling started collapsing on me. Detect shows nothing else around. Is that just him digging up to much of the level?

    Edit: Hit to shatter. Didn't notice that
    Edit: Damn thing is more dangerous as an ally then my enemies
    Last edited by wobbly; June 5, 2015, 21:06.

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    Couple of dumb questions.

    - What does the Necromancer "Black Cloak" spell do?
    (Necromancers are fun, every level starts with cautious summon and teleport until I get something which can make a few corpses - trusty Mongbat - and then the cascading corpses begin...)

    - Is it possible to raise the corpses of uniques? What about other "talking monsters" (like orc captains)? So far had no luck with this.

    - Not sure if it's just me, but most times I recall to Camelot I get a small level. I know Camelot seems to have more of them than other dungeons, but I notice this a lot.

    Edit: OK, I have managed some orc captains now (CL25), still no uniques. Its fun, feels like the summoner from tome2.
    Last edited by budswell; June 1, 2015, 12:59.

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbly
    For destroying cursed non-egos & keeping cursed egos/artifacts is this the correct syntax?:
    !cursed average common weapons
    How about "!cursed nameless common weapons"?

    I didn't test this out though. The source is in autopick.c line 1051 (is_autopick_aux ... see around line 1341 for FLG_AVERAGE processing, which seems to not apply to cursed items).

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    For destroying cursed non-egos & keeping cursed egos/artifacts is this the correct syntax?:
    !cursed average common weapons
    Last edited by wobbly; May 17, 2015, 19:19.

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
    Forgot to mention this:
    After losing pet (and/or getting off pet), Ring characters may still display 'Riding' on bottom of screen.
    Thanks. I know there have been lots of unaddressed bug reports accumulating. At some point, I will scour the threads for them ... I promise!

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Originally posted by budswell
    Hi, a question on Weapon Skills and dual wielding.

    My current beserker has a blade of chaos in slot (a) and a sabre in slot (b).
    But my skills are:
    Blade of Chaos: Expert
    Sabre: Beginner
    Dual Wielding: Expert

    So wondering why the Sabre skill has not improved at all. Does the (b) slot weapon not improve skills? Or does dual wielding only improve one weapon?

    Other info which may (or may not) be relavent:
    - I have been dual wielding the whole time
    - There wasn't too much time between when I picked up both weapons. About 2 character levels - in the mid 20s, I'm now 35
    - The sabre is not normal, its "Armageddon 5d8" (woo hoo!)
    You are probably killing everything with your first weapon, never giving your off hand weapon a chance to actually attack. Weapon skills improve only when you actually attack with that weapon, so if the first hand kills, the second hand never gets a chance to actually train. You could swap the order of your weapons to build up sabre skills, and then swap back if, for some reason such as vamp, you really want the blade of chaos first.

    Leave a comment:


  • HugoVirtuoso
    replied
    Forgot to mention this:
    After losing pet (and/or getting off pet), Ring characters may still display 'Riding' on bottom of screen.

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    Hi, a question on Weapon Skills and dual wielding.

    My current beserker has a blade of chaos in slot (a) and a sabre in slot (b).
    But my skills are:
    Blade of Chaos: Expert
    Sabre: Beginner
    Dual Wielding: Expert

    So wondering why the Sabre skill has not improved at all. Does the (b) slot weapon not improve skills? Or does dual wielding only improve one weapon?

    Other info which may (or may not) be relavent:
    - I have been dual wielding the whole time
    - There wasn't too much time between when I picked up both weapons. About 2 character levels - in the mid 20s, I'm now 35
    - The sabre is not normal, its "Armageddon 5d8" (woo hoo!)

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Since rings are broken so badly and I'm not sure when the next release will be forthcoming, I pushed a quick patch for Windows. With this patch you get the fix for glittering rings as well as a few minor fixes in the curses port (e.g. the backspace key now works). Also, the requested patch for the object display command (']') listed in another thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • chris
    replied
    Looks like things got broken here. I pushed a simple fix here.

    Leave a comment:


  • krazyhades
    replied
    It seems like they especially don't like active Glitering, at least at level 1
    Last edited by krazyhades; May 10, 2015, 22:40.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕