That's not always safe; many monsters who follow-tele also resist teleportation. Some (all?) uniques also resist destruction, although it's rare.
Teleport level is a sure bet if you really, really need to escape. There are probably others that I can't think of right now also.
Note that monsters who teleport-follow do not follow you on phasedoor/blink (?) so if you're in a place where you can phase to a totally different room (e.g. a narrow hallway), it might be worth trying.
Poschengband game mechanic questions
Collapse
X
-
Since I began asking questions... I have another two (not about the character I asked before, that character already died because I forgot that ancient multi-hued dragons breathe like 2-3x stronger than ordinary ancients -_-, they are related to my CL50 archer who died to Nodens while grinding for *healing*, I don't want my future characters to share the same fate):
1) What do you do when you are near an unique who you cannot kill and who follows you through teleport? What's the correct options apart from teleporting and hoping that he won't follow you? Are using teleport other or destruction the only options? Will they follow teleport level or phase door? At what range do they follow your teleport, i.e. is it adjacent only or they can be a few tiles away?
2) Where is the safest place to grind for *healing*? Deep levels of Angband don't really sound as one, they are way too dangerous to repeatedly recall into... are deep levels of Arena have good chance to drop them?Leave a comment:
-
New Life really only scrambles things that you didn't have a choice about in the first place. Which is most things!
Leave a comment:
-
Oh, thanks, I almost quit my character (low life rating demigod), lol. I knew about Zul but thought that !New Life gives new random special abilities like it scrambles wild talents.Leave a comment:
-
-
Also, I have a question. Does quaffing !New Life scramble demigod/human special abilities?Leave a comment:
-
-
Well, 'munchkin' that's plain cheating. I'm thinking to try 'unusual rooms' options though.Leave a comment:
-
-
Hmm, i think Monks are probably one of the most powerful endgame, and you don't have to find an uber weapon. I played around with a Snotling Rune Knight for a bit, and believe with a powerful race they would be pretty crazy later on.
Finally the Possessor class is nuts with the right form, and it looks like mimic's as well.
As far as quests go if your trying for a win leave them alone (especially The Vault, iv'e lost count of how many amazing characters i have lost in there) until you are way above the recommended level. Some of them just leave alone altogether "The Royal Crypt" comes to mind.Leave a comment:
-
Well, I can have the similar 5-10% fail rate with a staff of healing (and already used it that way too), so I don't really see the reason to suffer their poor damage (which is really not much better than angels' who have a lot of other stuff built-in too including teleport other, haste and, i think, destruction) for what I can achieve with magical devices. It doesn't even save an inventory slot.Leave a comment:
-
Equipment weight restrictions most likely just reduced your max SP, which is probably not too much of a problem.
I'd suggest not fixating on getting a 100%-reliable big-healing spell. Paladins with 5% failure rates can't rely on being able to cast Heal, so they still need potions for when they're in a "heal or die" situation; however, they don't need anywhere near as many potions as someone with no healing spell whatsoever would, because they can try to cast Heal on the turn before they get into a "heal or die" situation. If they fail, then they have the potions to fall back on, but most of the time they'll succeed and thus avoid spending a potion.
EDIT: in any event, you aren't going to find a class that's good at everything. That'd be too munchkiny.Leave a comment:
-
Hm, I have a question again... What do you think is the best/safest combo to win the game without too much late game grind?
I'm ready to give up on angels, they feel so weak, they are relatively easy to level up in wilderness on hounds and dragons but still. I lost two lvl30 angels, one of them into Barrow Downs quest and another in Vault quest. It's ridiculous to lose characters in those quests/ They are too squishy and too no damage. Also they seem to have some unclear weight restriction for their equipment, I got message that my equipment encumbers me many times without any visible effect.
I just dunno what to play, of these with their own healing, priests seem to have even worse damage than angels, paladins aren't much better at damage than angels either while worse on utility, monks... well they have quite strict equipment restrictions (i.e. low AC and problems with resistances) and their healing isn't 100% reliable and still needs at least one slot for spellbooks i.e. not that much different from using staves of healing (at least vs those who don't drain charges). Warriors are bad at devices... may be I should play archers again but decent shooters are so rare... when I recall how I found the first artifact shooter on my last archer at lvl40 after completing Old Castle/ Oh, and also nobody won poscheng with a shooting class yet (archer, sniper, scout, any ranged weaponmaster) so it probably means they have some weakness too (and it's definitely not annoyance of dealing with ammo, that is not that bad).Last edited by mewmew; July 30, 2014, 18:51.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: