Poschengband game mechanic questions
Collapse
X
-
You can actually die when fighting the arena if you screw up bigtime. If you are near zero hp at the end of the fight and bleeding or being poisoned and then exiting before going below zero hp, then if your ailment get's you to < 0 hp before you can heal you will die. Been there done that. Better to go below zero within the arena. -
The arena has a set of fixed rewards. If you lose, you can never re-enter (But you won't die for real). If you win, you unlock the next fight. The fixed rewards cover all sorts of things, but most of them are powerful consumables. Not every fight has a reward. Most don't, in fact. I think winning also increases your fame, which in the lategame can help you reforge artifacts.Leave a comment:
-
with 'I' command
dunno I personally go there for the rod of monster detectionLeave a comment:
-
1. how do i see the description of scrolls/potions?
2. there is an arena in one of the towns. I dont get any exp from t his. When I 3. win it says 'well on your way to becoming champion of the arena'. Ok... so what happens in the arena?Leave a comment:
-
I'm new too but I happen to know answers to a couple of these questions.
>how do i figure out what some potions/items do. I do a google search and they are from variants and can't find them. like a barbarian talisman +1. I tried dropping in house an examine, but didn't see anything. do i have to use a scroll of *identify*?
Potions should have descriptions what they do, as for amulets, rings, non-common items (like an armor of elemental protection etc) you should use *identify* (or 'research item' in Morivant/Angwil) to check what resistances etc they give, those are randarts.
> i see some thieves guides. i thought they would be books to read, but appear to be spell books and I can't browse. is that accurate?
You probably mean spell books of 'burglary' realm. Rogues which chose that spell realm use those. They have spells like detect traps, infravision, soft steps etc.
> i never really used stealth. anyone know how this works? with critical? I dont seem to do too much damage.
It's automatic, there are some skills which improve it though. AFAIK stealth prevents monsters from awaking and doesn't really affect those who awoke, I'm not sure how it affects damage but it seems you get some backstab bonus as ninja?
>how dangerous is the wilderness to explore? died to a bear once. so mainly sticking to Camelot. Not sure what level before i should go wander around
I personally follow the following advice
As for wilderness, its difficulty depends on the place, Outpost outskirts are pretty safe, anyway a stack of teleport scrolls helps if you are ambushed. Don't forget to switch to the world map (< in wilderness) when you travel to a distant place.Last edited by mewmew; July 11, 2014, 19:35.Leave a comment:
-
1. issues with auto-destroy. I find it is destroying corpses i want. I have the standard one on. Sometimes I am able to grab the corpse I want to bring back for reward, but many times it gets destroyed
2. how do i figure out what some potions/items do. I do a google search and they are from variants and can't find them. like a barbarian talisman +1. I tried dropping in house an examine, but didn't see anything. do i have to use a scroll of *identify*?
3. playing vampire/ninja. I don't see docs on the various vampire skills. I raelly only use detect near and ancient knowledge. Used hide in flames a few times. Just turned level 22. Which ones do you use?
4. i am dual wielding 2 daggers. raising up dex to max. then str to get multiple blows. is this the best strat for for ninja? didn't want to increase weapon weight. my dual weilding is at beginner and it took a while to get to that.
5. i never really used stealth. anyone know how this works? with critical? I dont seem to do too much damage.
6. i see some thieves guides. i thought they would be books to read, but appear to be spell books and I can't browse. is that accurate?
7. how dangerous is the wilderness to explore? died to a bear once. so mainly sticking to Camelot. Not sure what level before i should go wander around.
8. as fame increases from quests, etc... does that really do anything?Leave a comment:
-
If you're using the auto-pickup feature, a line of ~wand should leave any wand on the floor (if it's added before the destroy junk line).Leave a comment:
-
Is there a simple way to remove auto-destroy on crap wands for skeletons?Leave a comment:
-
There is no maximum weight, but there are severe weapon restrictions. Ninjas may only wield various types of daggers and smallish swords. You should get a message about not being comfortable with other weapons (e.g. a jo staff) and should also notice a rather large penalty to hit.Leave a comment:
-
What's the maximum weapon weight on a ninja? Obviously less then the weight of a jo staff, which was a little disapointing as it fit in my head when I took a draconian ninja.Leave a comment:
-
-
i have a question.
my ring of protection gives warning.
but i get messages that it glows different colors when i enter the same store. what is it trying to tell me?Leave a comment:
-
Also as far as I know, it's easier to train it with lighter weapons at first. Not sure mechanically why (whether it's accuracy and you need to hit, or just a hard rule, or what), but it's real.Leave a comment:
-
You start training dual wield when you attack with (any) 2 weapons. But it's a slow skill, so give it time to raise. It will happen, but the start might be tough with it's low accuracy. Your weaponskill is a different stackable skill. !oHeriosm can help if you don't hit enough.On an unrelated note, question about new two handed weapon fighting mechanics. I am a paladin wielding a longsword and a broadsword. I have reached Skilled for both weapons, but my dual wielding still reads "Unskilled" despite having used these weapons since birth. Am I doing something wrong? How do the new dual wielding mechanics work?Leave a comment:
-
On an unrelated note, question about new two handed weapon fighting mechanics. I am a paladin wielding a longsword and a broadsword. I have reached Skilled for both weapons, but my dual wielding still reads "Unskilled" despite having used these weapons since birth. Am I doing something wrong? How do the new dual wielding mechanics work?Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: