Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arjen
    Adept
    • Dec 2010

Rods can't be drained. But yeah, the draining is insane at the end...

Comment

• Arjen
      Adept
      • Dec 2010

Found a big bug with a berserker. They can use IDs with the "auto id all unknown items" from the auto-editor.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
        Veteran
        • Jan 2012

I also noticed these:
        1) Possession of a body recovers full HP
        2) Monsters don't follow player when player takes stairs or recalls out of dungeons.

Maybe these are working as designed?
        My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Tulip
          Scout
          • Apr 2014

What does the time-lord power 'revert' do?

I'm playing an imp time-lord and it does't do anything noticeable.

Comment

• Roch
            Adept
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Tulip
            What does the time-lord power 'revert' do?

I'm playing an imp time-lord and it does't do anything noticeable.
            IIRC that deals with breeders, running the clock back to a time before they exploded. If you browse the spell I think you'll see a description along those lines.

Comment

• Tulip
              Scout
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Roch
              browse the spell
              Browse the spell? As far as I know there's no in-game description of spells aside from interpreting the name and testing it out on walls/monsters

Comment

• Arjen
                Adept
                • Dec 2010

You can browse books with 'b', but only spells you have learned.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Roch
                  IIRC that deals with breeders, running the clock back to a time before they exploded.
                  That's awesome. Good way to get rid of Malicious leprechauns. This spell should be among the Wild-Talent's selections too, imo.

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

Comment

• Tulip
                    Scout
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Arjen
                    You can browse books with 'b', but only spells you have learned.
                    Well, damn. I wish I knew this when I was on my countless other (dead)mage builds.

I found a funny thing, dual wielding a mage staff and a primary weapon. Sure, I need to train dual wielding, but the idea of a guy using a wizardly staff and broadsword in unison is amusing.
                    Last edited by Tulip; October 13, 2014, 11:50.

Comment

• youtoo
                      Scout
                      • Aug 2013

is this a bug? Level 26 vampire/ninja

I put on a cloak of merry and it lowered my Str from 18/10 to 14. I get that. I took it off. I have dropped it. I am now showing as having 15 STR. When I press

'C' -< n<next> and cycle to my stats. I see -4 under 'E' which I take to mean 'equipment'. The equipment item its under is the '@' sign. I have taken off all my items and dropped all my items. Still at 15 Str. I try to restore my strength nothing. My strength is not showing as yellow for drained.

I can't figure out why my Strength is still lowered by -4. What is the '@' sign on the stats screen? I have no items in my posession. My stats are not drained. The -4 is under the 'E' for requipment.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by youtoo
                        is this a bug? Level 26 vampire/ninja

I put on a cloak of merry and it lowered my Str from 18/10 to 14. I get that. I took it off. I have dropped it. I am now showing as having 15 STR. When I press

'C' -< n<next> and cycle to my stats. I see -4 under 'E' which I take to mean 'equipment'. The equipment item its under is the '@' sign. I have taken off all my items and dropped all my items. Still at 15 Str. I try to restore my strength nothing. My strength is not showing as yellow for drained.

I can't figure out why my Strength is still lowered by -4. What is the '@' sign on the stats screen? I have no items in my posession. My stats are not drained. The -4 is under the 'E' for requipment.
                        You should post a character dump. This way, we can figure out what's wrong.

Comment

• youtoo
                          Scout
                          • Aug 2013

thanks. character dump uploaded.

Comment

• krazyhades
                            Swordsman
                            • Jun 2013

Normally the @ column indicates stats conferred inherently by race or class.
                            edit: hugo commented on your dump with the answer: you picked up a mutation that reduces strength. Go and get that removed ASAP!

Comment

• youtoo
                              Scout
                              • Aug 2013

I googled mutations. How do you pick them up and get them removed?

Comment

• debo
                                Veteran
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by youtoo
                                I googled mutations. How do you pick them up and get them removed?
                                A lot of breaths will mutate you (radiation, chaos?, toxic waste), as will eldritch horrors.

Go to Zul (the town surrounded by mountains, you need levitation) and there's a cure mutation service at one of the towers.

!new life will do it too, but that will also reroll your stats and life rating which can be... disadvantageous.
                                Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎