Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thapper
    Adept
    • Aug 2008

Something I noticed in 1.1.4 but I haven't had time to look for it in 1.1.5:

I found a stack of 2 {excellent} daggers early. I wielded one as a weapon, killed a manes and found out it was a "slay evil". When I unwielded it, it stacked with the second one (as expected) but became {excellent} again (not expected).

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by thapper
      Something I noticed in 1.1.4 but I haven't had time to look for it in 1.1.5:

I found a stack of 2 {excellent} daggers early. I wielded one as a weapon, killed a manes and found out it was a "slay evil". When I unwielded it, it stacked with the second one (as expected) but became {excellent} again (not expected).
      I think I've noticed some inconsistency with this sort of stuff too; also armour seems to take a long time to get the plus/minus value by use. I'll look into it, when I have nothing better to do...
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Jungle_Boy
        Swordsman
        • Nov 2008

I'm playing the comp character and Ulfast son of Ulfang said "...picking my teeth with the last.'bravado.txt" which seemed like a kind of funny thing to say, at least the last part did.
        My first winner: http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=10138

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Jungle_Boy
          I'm playing the comp character and Ulfast son of Ulfang said "...picking my teeth with the last.'bravado.txt" which seemed like a kind of funny thing to say, at least the last part did.
          Good - I've been trying to track down a bug in monster speaking for ages, and this may help.

Comment

• Jungle_Boy
            Swordsman
            • Nov 2008

Found another bug, playing v1.1.5. I wielded a long bow and a cloak straight from the ground without picking them up first. They pseudoed as average but the deadliness value and +armor value remained question marks. When i removed the item it remained the same with the {average} pseudo tag. When i dropped the item and picked it up the values were filled in as zeroes and the pseudo tag was dropped.
            My first winner: http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=10138

Comment

• Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Jungle_Boy
              Found another bug, playing v1.1.5. I wielded a long bow and a cloak straight from the ground without picking them up first. They pseudoed as average but the deadliness value and +armor value remained question marks. When i removed the item it remained the same with the {average} pseudo tag. When i dropped the item and picked it up the values were filled in as zeroes and the pseudo tag was dropped.
              Thanks - I noticed some weirdness with a bow a while ago, but couldn't remember what I'd done...

Comment

• buzzkill
                Prophet
                • May 2008

Can we get continuity between mushrooms of and potions of CSW? IMO they should either perform identically of be named differently. If any disparity does exist, the mushroom should give superior results (since they can seldom be bought and often require an extra inventory slot, and we need more genuinely useful mushrooms).
                www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
                My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• shawnosullivan
                  Apprentice
                  • Aug 2009

decided to try playing druadain paladins in FA - had one that was shaping up very nicely (robe of permanence on DL1, cloak of aman and nice resistance shield a few floors later) but then got hit bad by nexus, then struggled for a chunk before getting paralyzed by a carrion crawler.
                  just polished off mim with my current paladin, who's doing quite well since he found totila. i chose athletics as my first skill choice, partially to boost dex high enough to get 3 blows (didn't really pan out cause i used a quarterstaff of burning for most of the time, anyway). any recommendations for other skill choices? is enhance magic really desirable for a paladin? does holy light really do much? should i just get armsman and shield mastery? or is there some other awesome choice that i'm neglecting? thanks

Comment

• Nick
                    Vanilla maintainer
                    • Apr 2007

I don't play Paladins a lot, but Fury is awesome.

Comment

• LostTemplar
                      Knight
                      • Aug 2009

Minor bug : if character got max exp above his next lvl while level drained, character history never shows lvl up message which is normally generated every n*5 levels.

It is possible to add damage for spells in monster memory just like in V, and make disconnected stairs birth option ?
                      And maybe fix wilderness ironman by allowing ?WoR or ?tlevel to bring character to any(selected form menu) dlvl+1 place.
                      Last edited by LostTemplar; May 30, 2010, 15:11.

Comment

• shawnosullivan
                        Apprentice
                        • Aug 2009

in an FA pickle:
                        recalled to nargothrond 55. was exploring for a bit, when i realized my rod of recall had vanished, (tried to go through the message recall to figure out how i lost it, but couldn't find out wha happened). so i decided to hike back up, forgetting that you can't go back through earlier regions. so now im at nargothrond 31, hoping i can find a scroll of recall, but they simply aren't turning up (every scroll seems to be ID or recharging). what is one to do in this case? it seems like somewhat odd game design that you can't even manually hike back home. if i didn't have the satisfy hunger spell, i'd really be in trouble...

Comment

• LostTemplar
                          Knight
                          • Aug 2009

Dungeon only mode is slightly strange, and rods can be destroyed by lightning or stolen.

Comment

• shawnosullivan
                            Apprentice
                            • Aug 2009

i guess i assumed that some rods were immune to lightning, as they are in vanilla. not sure why i assumed that. i've had plenty of rods destroyed in the past in FA.
                            it wouldn't be that big of a deal if i could find a scroll of recall. it's odd how elusive they are being. would i be better off jumping back down to 55 and hoping to find another rod of recall?
                            Last edited by shawnosullivan; June 4, 2010, 19:24.

Comment

• Derakon
                              Prophet
                              • Dec 2009

I seem to recall having had rods be destroyed by lightning in Vanilla, too...could be wrong, though. Rods definitely used to be immune to all elements.

Comment

• shawnosullivan
                                Apprentice
                                • Aug 2009

in new vanilla, there are some rods, usually rarer or more crucial ones (recall, perception, healing) that are immune to lightning. but attack spell rods and lesser detection rods can be destroyed, if i recall correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎