X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chryana
    Rookie
    • May 2007

Compiling FAangband on Linux

I'm not sure if I should start a new thread about this... I have a small question about compilation of FAangband. I would like to know if there is an equivalent to the option --with-no-install, which is available when compiling Vanilla... Basically, it allows you to run the game from the directory it was compiled in. I would really like not have to do a make install to run the game, if it can be avoided. Thank you.

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Chryana
      I'm not sure if I should start a new thread about this... I have a small question about compilation of FAangband. I would like to know if there is an equivalent to the option --with-no-install, which is available when compiling Vanilla... Basically, it allows you to run the game from the directory it was compiled in. I would really like not have to do a make install to run the game, if it can be avoided. Thank you.
      There is such an option in 1.2, but not 1.1; I think you can more or less mimic it by just
      Code:
      cp src/faangband .
      after making.

1.2.1 is more or less playable; I'm playtesting and bugfixing now, and hoping to have a fully playable 1.2.2 out fairly soon.
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Arralen
        Swordsman
        • May 2007

Monsters/AI getting stuck ... (v1.16)
        I'm playing with telepathy from the start (DrĂșadan) for the first time, and I had to find out that it is really really handy.
        Yet, I had to notice, too, that sometimes monsters get "stuck" somehow, while the others from the same pack might get through the obstacles just fine.

"easy case": monster is in a room 20 tiles straigth ahead, and 4-5 tiles to the side of the corridor. Notices me, and starts to dance left-right, completely unable to find the entrance just 3 tiles away. Continues this dance until I get into LOS.

"severe case": A bunch of e.g. Orcs in the wilderness comes after me. Several pass over the same square ... and one never gets out of it again. It even doesn't move at all, unless I get into LOS?!

I'm trying to get you a savegame ... .
        No, I don't have a clue 'bout C, and I'm not starting my own variant.
        Never. Ever.

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Arralen
          "easy case": monster is in a room 20 tiles straigth ahead, and 4-5 tiles to the side of the corridor. Notices me, and starts to dance left-right, completely unable to find the entrance just 3 tiles away. Continues this dance until I get into LOS.
          I think this is OK. Mostly monsters find their way by noise or smell; he may just not have got a good enough read on where you are.

"severe case": A bunch of e.g. Orcs in the wilderness comes after me. Several pass over the same square ... and one never gets out of it again. It even doesn't move at all, unless I get into LOS?!
          This sounds like a bug. It may be terrain-related; I'm redoing terrain for 1.3, so we'll see then.
          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎