X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Peanut
    Scout
    • Jan 2009

NDS 111 problems

Hey there. Just tried the NDS of 111. Have you changed the character generation screen? The options list for game mode(thrall etc) is no longer visible on the NDS, which means that small device mode can not be selected. Or am I missing something? Is there another way to configure this? Without small device mode NDS version is nerfed.

Any monster in-fighting would be awesome.

Intro screen for NDS version still needs a small text fix. Should be "Press L+R to bind keys" not "Hold L"

Comment

• Zikke
      Veteran
      • Jun 2008

I just found a Galvorn Ring that pseudo-ID'ed as dubious:

Ring of Fickleness <+1, +4>
      "Wearing this ring will put you at the mercy of the whims and chances of fate." (Is that the curse? what does that mean?)

+1 STR, +4 INT, +1 WIS, +1 DEX, +1 CON, +1 CHA, Sustains WIS. rAcid, rLight, rDark, rDis, rConf. "It is cursed."

So did it pseudo as dubious only because it says it is cursed? And also, I am able to freely wear and remove it, so it's not actually cursed.

Edit: So "cursed" means it randomly teleports occasionally?
      A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
      A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
      C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• LostTemplar
        Knight
        • Aug 2009

There are many possible curses, one of them is random teleportation, scroll of reveal curses will show them all, and curses can be removed but item can be destroyed in process.

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mr.Peanut
          Hey there. Just tried the NDS of 111. Have you changed the character generation screen? The options list for game mode(thrall etc) is no longer visible on the NDS, which means that small device mode can not be selected. Or am I missing something? Is there another way to configure this? Without small device mode NDS version is nerfed.
          There are too many birth options for the front screen now, so I've replaced the birth option selection with a "keep options as they are or go to the choice screen" selection. You can choose that and choose small device mode from the birth option screen.

Intro screen for NDS version still needs a small text fix. Should be "Press L+R to bind keys" not "Hold L"
          Should be fixed next time.
          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Nick
            Vanilla maintainer
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Zikke
            So did it pseudo as dubious only because it says it is cursed? And also, I am able to freely wear and remove it, so it's not actually cursed.
            It pseudoed as dubious because it's cursed, and when you ID'd it and found no other drawbacks, that means the only possible reason for the 'dubious' is that it's cursed.

So "cursed" means it randomly teleports occasionally?
            There are 23 different curses - that's one of them. My guess is that that ring may have more than one.

Comment

• Zikke
              Veteran
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Nick
              There are 23 different curses - that's one of them. My guess is that that ring may have more than one.
              Ouch! You weren't kidding.... Some of these rings of Fickleness have some pretty sick side effects...
              A(3.1.0b) CWS "Fyren_V" NEW L:50 DL:127 A++ R+++ Sp+ w:The Great Axe of Eonwe
              A/FA W H- D c-- !f PV+++ s? d P++ M+
              C- S+ I- !So B ac++ GHB? SQ? !RQ V F:

Comment

• LostTemplar
                Knight
                • Aug 2009

IMHO new FA jewellery is nice, particulary cursed items, that can be very usefull if uncursed, but are hard to uncurse.
                But it seems that correlation between item name and actual item powers are very low. For example I encountered a lot of rings of speed with only +1 speed but many resistances or rings of resistance with only one resistance and lots of stat bonuses, some speed, telepathy, etc. Maybe item generation may be tweaked, so more of the item power actually go into main properties, corresponding to item name, and less go to random additional powers.

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by LostTemplar
                  But it seems that correlation between item name and actual item powers are very low. For example I encountered a lot of rings of speed with only +1 speed but many resistances or rings of resistance with only one resistance and lots of stat bonuses, some speed, telepathy, etc. Maybe item generation may be tweaked, so more of the item power actually go into main properties, corresponding to item name, and less go to random additional powers.
                  Yes, I agree with this. A related issue is that depth and rarity for rings and amulets is now handled differently to other objects, and I think that needs some tweaking as well.

Comment

• LostTemplar
                    Knight
                    • Aug 2009

Is it intended, that player ghost with a given name appears more then once in the game ? As I remember in previous versions it was not possible to encounter more ghosts, then you have 'bone' files.

Comment

• jsv
                      Scout
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by LostTemplar
                      Is it intended, that player ghost with a given name appears more then once in the game ?
                      It was always like this in O (and if I recall correctly, it was like this in pre-historic versions of vanilla ). From what I see in the code, nothing has changed in FA. When a player ghost is destroyed, the probability of the bone file being deleted forever is 1/3. Otherwise the ghost can return (usually like a more powerful undead).
                      In my current O game I have Leon Marrick's ghost destroyed twice and the bone file is still here. He will be back!
                      S(1.0.0 final lf3+) W "Dagrin" L:100 DL:4500' A++ *R* Sp+ w:Mace of Disruption (adamant)
                      O+/S+/Cr L H++ D/+ c f- PV+ s/- d@ P- M+
                      C-- !S I- So+ B? ac GHB- SQ RQ+ V/- F:haggling!

Comment

• Mr.Peanut
                        Scout
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nick
                        There are too many birth options for the front screen now, so I've replaced the birth option selection with a "keep options as they are or go to the choice screen" selection. You can choose that and choose small device mode from the birth option screen.
                        Oops. So it is. Missed it somehow.

Comment

• thapper
                          Adept
                          • Aug 2008

Antoine, the Dreadlord (or was it Deathlord?) was showing up in my monster memory under uniques and I was just going to write to ask if it was a bug but when I restarted the game to check again he was gone... But now I have a monster called () in the monster memory instead, under each type of monster. He lives in the town...

Comment

• Nick
                            Vanilla maintainer
                            • Apr 2007

There was a major bug in player ghosts, which is now fixed in both O and FA. Multiple ghosts with the same name are possible, and dead ghosts (if you see what I mean) will hang around in the monster recall until the game is shut and reopened. I'm not sure what is causing the () thing to happen - it looks as if an empty monster record is being read by the monster memory code. I'll look into it.

Comment

• jsv
                              Scout
                              • Feb 2010

Speaking of the monster knowledge. Stone wardens do not appear there (as '#' does not belong to any group).
                              S(1.0.0 final lf3+) W "Dagrin" L:100 DL:4500' A++ *R* Sp+ w:Mace of Disruption (adamant)
                              O+/S+/Cr L H++ D/+ c f- PV+ s/- d@ P- M+
                              C-- !S I- So+ B? ac GHB- SQ RQ+ V/- F:haggling!

Comment

• Nick
                                Vanilla maintainer
                                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by jsv
                                Speaking of the monster knowledge. Stone wardens do not appear there (as '#' does not belong to any group).
                                OK, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎