Current master post-4.2.2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    It is also worth noting here that rephial is no longer updating. Both nightly builds and official releases should be downloaded from the release page; they will also be available on angband.live. There will possibly be some more changes to Angband web presence coming some time (sorry for the vagueness).
    Maybe you could ask Pav to change the link on the "About" page on the forum so that it points to the angband release page instead of rephial.

    Leave a comment:


  • fruviad
    replied
    More site-related than 4.2.2-related, but...

    The "release page" hyperlink for 4.2.2 is mis-coded in the News ticker on the angband.oook.cz page. Look at the "Angband 4.2.2 released" announcement...the HTML has an extra pair of quotes, breaking the link to the page.

    Leave a comment:


  • will_asher
    replied
    I recently discovered the [tab] command to fire default ammo at the nearest target and I've been using it (while testing my variant). Seems to me that if you already have a target chosen that it should use the chosen target instead of the nearest monster.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    @wobbly--
    The mean is the same for 1d4*3 and 3d4. But the variance is a whole lot higher.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Mack
    Is that enough to get from 3d4 damage to somewhere near 30? I didn't get "good hit" messages when I killed Bullroarer.
    Not that I really want to complain. It is a fun exploit while it lasts.
    So if I'm reading this right, it's not actually 3d4. Its 1d4 x 3 (explode).

    Code:
    /* Direct adjustment for exploding things (flasks of oil) */
    	if (of_has(obj->flags, OF_EXPLODE))
    		result.dmg *= 3;
    then x 3.66 (throwing).

    Code:
    dmg *= 2 + missile->weight / 12;
    so it'll actually do 33+ 50% of the time and that's without criticals.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Is that enough to get from 3d4 damage to somewhere near 30? I didn't get "good hit" messages when I killed Bullroarer.
    Not that I really want to complain. It is a fun exploit while it lasts.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Is rune id working properly for rnether? Pretty sure I got nether bolted by a necromancer and the rune didn't id

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Oil flasks are 2lbs with the throwing tag. From memory thats about 3.2x old damage?

    Leave a comment:


  • will_asher
    replied
    Originally posted by Sphara
    Not just luck.

    I picked a gnome ranger (4.2.2 angband.live) and the starting shops didn't offer any affordable weapon. My only offense was getting 40 flasks of oil and.. they one-shot everything in the first level. Instakilled cutpurses and soldiers. I've used these before and they were not this powerful. This breaks the early game and needs to be checked for the next version. Edit: or raise the price of oil dramatically
    <fills gas tank and gas can in anticipation of high prices.>

    Leave a comment:


  • Sphara
    replied
    Not just luck.

    I picked a gnome ranger (4.2.2 angband.live) and the starting shops didn't offer any affordable weapon. My only offense was getting 40 flasks of oil and.. they one-shot everything in the first level. Instakilled cutpurses and soldiers. I've used these before and they were not this powerful. This breaks the early game and needs to be checked for the next version. Edit: or raise the price of oil dramatically
    Last edited by Sphara; May 12, 2021, 05:07.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Mack
    Something is hinky with flasks of oil. My new blackguard just killed Bullroarer (60HP) with 2(!) of them, frightening him on the first shot.
    Wow, that's some pretty lucky throws, or very good Molatov cocktails!

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Something is hinky with flasks of oil. My new blackguard just killed Bullroarer (60HP) with 2(!) of them, frightening him on the first shot.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Lore (knowledge menu) for weapons should show something like this on the first line:
    Code:
    a Bkade of Chaos  (6d5)            17lbs

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    This might be a feature.
    Riiight. I actually think lack of specificity for the Three Elven Rings is a bigger mistake. There just aren't going to be many unknown rings by the time those show up, so a little anticipation is a good thing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Mack
    Plain gold ring doesn't show up in knowledge menu among unknown rings.
    (Neither do sapphire, adamant, serpentine, and ruby, grrr.)
    This might be a feature.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕