Current master post-4.2.2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • will_asher
    replied
    Originally posted by Sky
    aah no never mind. I remembered that we now have TOME-style digging. I have a shovel in my backpack.
    I don't get it, what changed about the digging? Do we use any digger we have when digging even if we don't have one wielded?
    Last edited by will_asher; April 27, 2021, 04:42.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sky
    replied
    aah no never mind. I remembered that we now have TOME-style digging. I have a shovel in my backpack.

    Well i guess 4.2.2 isn't *totally* horrible.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sky
    replied
    i think i found a bug.

    Angband-4.2.2-69-g66431e31-win

    i have a rapier, no +digging, no off-weapon +dig, and the rapier description says "it does not affect magma veins". STR 14 and yet i can dig through granite (pretty fast too).

    link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jGz...ew?usp=sharing

    Leave a comment:


  • tangar
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Mack
    Orcs wear leather armor, which surely won't stop arrows. Nor does chainmail. But a paladin-type monster should be pretty much impervious. (So, for that matter, should Smaug.)
    But V is not reallity We got magically enhanced weapons (and armour) and epic heroes...

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Orcs wear leather armor, which surely won't stop arrows. Nor does chainmail. But a paladin-type monster should be pretty much impervious. (So, for that matter, should Smaug.)

    Leave a comment:


  • MattB
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Mack
    Nick, more to the point, all these shots count as misses. The arrows almost invariably shatter.
    Interesting video. I must admit, I was astonished by how impervious the armour was.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete Mack
    Nick, more to the point, all these shots count as misses. The arrows almost invariably shatter.


    That said, how the heck do you break an iron shot with a sling?
    I figure the shot skittered away and was lost in the debris of the dungeon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Nick, more to the point, all these shots count as misses. The arrows almost invariably shatter.


    That said, how the heck do you break an iron shot with a sling?

    Leave a comment:


  • will_asher
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbly
    They don't. At least they have the ignore_fire flag on them. seeker arrows do get destroyed.
    I noticed they don't get destroyed when they're on the floor, but they were getting burned up from fire attacks when they're in my quiver. sounds like a bug.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Originally posted by will_asher
    Since when did mithril arrows get destroyed by fire?
    They don't. At least they have the ignore_fire flag on them. seeker arrows do get destroyed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Huqhox
    replied
    Originally posted by will_asher
    Since when did mithril arrows get destroyed by fire?
    I suspect that despite the head being mithril, the shaft is still wood and therefore frustratingly flammable

    Leave a comment:


  • will_asher
    replied
    Since when did mithril arrows get destroyed by fire?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by MattB
    or a palantir
    Well played, sir

    Leave a comment:


  • MattB
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    there's stuff like rodent skeletons and shards of pottery lying around that players don't notice any more
    or a palantir

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by whartung
    But the tangential energies of floor impact combined with the integral flex ratios of the arrow material should greatly reduce breakage.

    No doubt there should be some friction model based on the floor space tile type to better model the drag coefficient of the arrow (no doubt related to the fletching material, you know, in for a penny and all) to better place the arrow down the hall as it goes sliding after contact.

    I leave it as an exercise for others to discern whether there should be any skipping.
    This is a dungeon, it doesn't have a nice smooth floor. It's uneven and rocky, plus there's stuff like rodent skeletons and shards of pottery lying around that players don't notice any more, but that an arrow can break on.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕