Current master post-4.2.2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rikter
    replied
    I feel like Sauron should be worth more than the Witch King personally seeing as the Ringwraiths serve him and Sauron is also one of the two big bads you need to take down but i'm not super versed on the game.

    Also it's probably a silly and minor thing to ask for but could we get the option to choose class before race? It's just a small thing I like to have the option for in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
    I think this must be a bug: The monster data shows that killing the Witch-King of Angmar provides more experience than killing Sauron, the Sorceror.
    Some checking reveals that this has been the case since version 2.9.4. That was the version where the "JLE changes" happened; here is a description of them. As part of that a lot of XP rewards were increased, including the Witch-king but not Sauron.

    I guess we could change it, but maybe it's just an interesting historical quirk. Opinions?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    I think this must be a bug: The monster data shows that killing the Witch-King of Angmar provides more experience than killing Sauron, the Sorceror.

    Leave a comment:


  • will_asher
    replied
    Originally posted by backwardsEric
    I don't recall that one being reported or fixed, hopefully it's not due to the changes in the quiver handling. As far as I'm concerned, more reports are welcome, even if some turn out to be repeats.
    I've seen that bug. Whatever you sell to the general store is there to stay (at least until the stores are updated), and you can buy it back as many times as you want.

    Leave a comment:


  • backwardsEric
    replied
    Originally posted by sffp
    New one for me

    Accidentally dropped 25 arrows +5, +5 in the general store
    NO problem buy back.
    Oh, they're still there. Oh I can buy them again. And I do - now I have 50 arrows...

    reminds me a story about fish and loaves of bread



    I bet you've found most of these, do you want me to keep reporting?
    I don't recall that one being reported or fixed, hopefully it's not due to the changes in the quiver handling. As far as I'm concerned, more reports are welcome, even if some turn out to be repeats.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by sffp
    Is there a compiled version with the latest bug fixes somewhere than I can run?
    The releases page has the latest builds - in general, just grab the top one.

    Leave a comment:


  • MattB
    replied
    Originally posted by backwardsEric
    Thanks for the report. The development builds since April 23rd should fix the problems with disconnected gauntlet levels (cavern on one side, labyrinth in permanent rock in the middle, and cavern on the other side). More details about the fix and links to MattB's bug report can be found here, https://github.com/angband/angband/issues/4720 .
    Wow - things move fast these days!
    Thanks backwardsEric and everyone else for the work you do.

    Leave a comment:


  • sffp
    replied
    New one for me

    Accidentally dropped 25 arrows +5, +5 in the general store
    NO problem buy back.
    Oh, they're still there. Oh I can buy them again. And I do - now I have 50 arrows...

    reminds me a story about fish and loaves of bread



    I bet you've found most of these, do you want me to keep reporting?

    Is there a compiled version with the latest bug fixes somewhere than I can run?

    Leave a comment:


  • backwardsEric
    replied
    Originally posted by sffp
    On one of my first @'s in 4.22

    My @ found a level which appears to be non-contiguous and there is permanent rock down the middle of the level.

    And ha it looks like the downstairs are on the side I can't get to
    Thanks for the report. The development builds since April 23rd should fix the problems with disconnected gauntlet levels (cavern on one side, labyrinth in permanent rock in the middle, and cavern on the other side). More details about the fix and links to MattB's bug report can be found here, https://github.com/angband/angband/issues/4720 .

    Leave a comment:


  • sffp
    replied
    On one of my first @'s in 4.22

    My @ found a level which appears to be non-contiguous and there is permanent rock down the middle of the level.

    And ha it looks like the downstairs are on the side I can't get to

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Just to note: I'm not really doing regular updates of this thread as I used to whenever there was a new nightly version, basically because they're happening so often. This is mainly because backwardsEric just keeps relentlessly mowing down bug and change requests, and doing general code improvements, and improvements to the building and testing system for the codebase. So we are already up to 157 committed changes since 4.2.2 came out. See the releases page to get the latest.

    In terms of gameplay changes, the latest nightly has changes to necromancers discussed here, and there are other minor improvements and fixes going in all the time. The other biggish thing that is going to happen is some improvements to ranger spells and ranged combat that is currently being discussed here.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    I agree it isn't the best language--it's a failed attempt to imitate that of Tolkien.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sky
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbly
    MITZE made some joke about the description of Theoden while I was playing,

    "The narrow axe head of this weapon would pierce the armour of a very Dragon, and the designs of your enemies stand naked and revealed."

    and yeah, that does read rather weirdly. I'm not sure whether its correct or incorrect. Normally very would be specifying a specific dragon "this very dragon" rather then "a very dragon".
    it's saying "of an actual dragon" rather than "a metaphorical dragon", implying that the listeren of such a phrase would think that "pierce the scales of a dragon" just means it's pretty good at piercing stuff. So basically it reads as "and it will pierce the scales of a dragon, no i mean it, of an ACTUAL dragon, literally."

    Think of the katana that "will cut a tank in two". It's obvious hyperbole so if you happened to own a katana that can *actually* cut a tank in two, you would need some reinforcing to explain that you really mean that literally.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Noticed a bit of an annoying issue with squelch. There's no way to squelch "all except for throwing weapons"

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    MITZE made some joke about the description of Theoden while I was playing,

    "The narrow axe head of this weapon would pierce the armour of a very Dragon, and the designs of your enemies stand naked and revealed."

    and yeah, that does read rather weirdly. I'm not sure whether its correct or incorrect. Normally very would be specifying a specific dragon "this very dragon" rather then "a very dragon".

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕