Hahaha!
Fair point and well made.
Yes, there was lots of lava but very little larvae.
Current master post-4.2.2
Collapse
X
-
It's not a pit, per se. Looks more like hell. Tonnes of larva.
But yes, I'm 99% certain I'm going to zap myself far, far away.
But the longer I look at it the more tempted I am to have a go. After all, there will always be more Half-Troll warriors, right?...Leave a comment:
-
Sounds like a demon pit. I'd just waddle right on by. There will be more rings of speeds *not* being sat on by an Army of the Damned.Just spent ten minutes outside of a room. Thinking.
In the middle is a ring of speed.
The problem is what is around said ring, namely:
16 Pit Fiends (out of depth)
13 Horned Reapers
9 Gelugons
8 Osyluths
6 Bile Demons
5 barbazu
3 Hezrous
3 Lesser Balrogs
4 Mariliths
4 Nalfeshnees
5 Vrocks.
At this point your average evil game maintainer would think: 'That'll do. My evil work is done here.'
But no. It takes a particular brand of evil to decide that every single one of them should be wide awake.
Edit: I bet the ring is a bloody mimic too...Leave a comment:
-
Just spent ten minutes outside of a room. Thinking.
In the middle is a ring of speed.
The problem is what is around said ring, namely:
16 Pit Fiends (out of depth)
13 Horned Reapers
9 Gelugons
8 Osyluths
6 Bile Demons
5 barbazu
3 Hezrous
3 Lesser Balrogs
4 Mariliths
4 Nalfeshnees
5 Vrocks.
At this point your average evil game maintainer would think: 'That'll do. My evil work is done here.'
But no. It takes a particular brand of evil to decide that every single one of them should be wide awake.
Edit: I bet the ring is a bloody mimic too...Leave a comment:
-
While we're talking about lighting, I think it's weird that you can see the light on the outside wall of a lit room. Light shouldn't go through walls.Leave a comment:
-
The point being that if a necromancer is next to a lit monster, the light from the monster is enough to effect the necromancer, but apparently not enough to let a spell user "see". That's the inconsistency that I am seeing.Leave a comment:
-
I also think not being able to throw your equipped melee weapon is weird.Leave a comment:
-
I suspect this is more a safety net than a bug."You cannot throw wielded items."
Huh? This is a bug, either in implementation or else in concept. In implementation because the "e"quipment menu provides "v" throw as an option. In concept because what, I can throw a dagger or spear that's in my pack in inventory or in my quiver, but I can't throw the one that's in my hand?!
Who wants to luzz your main weapon at that magma elemental when you meant to chuck a throwing axe?
Oops. Crush.Leave a comment:
-
"You cannot throw wielded items."
Huh? This is a bug, either in implementation or else in concept. In implementation because the "e"quipment menu provides "v" throw as an option. In concept because what, I can throw a dagger or spear that's in my pack in inventory or in my quiver, but I can't throw the one that's in my hand?!
Leave a comment:
-
Another nice bug, which is actually hidden: books are never "known" (the "object_is_known" function used on a book will always return false unless it was bought from a store). This happens because the EASY_KNOW flag for books is on the object base, but is only transfered in finish_parse_object() while parsing object.txt. However books are now parsed from class.txt!
Fix: add
at the end of write_book_kind() in init.c.Code:kf_union(kind->kind_flags, kb_info[kind->tval].kind_flags);
Last edited by PowerWyrm; April 16, 2021, 17:03.Leave a comment:
-
Nothing to do with necromancers, it's true for any character. You can only "see" if you have a light or if the square is lit (like in a room). If you stand in the light of a monster, you cannot "see", which is illogical.Leave a comment:
-
Does this work against lit monsters?Since the apprentice is generated with a light source and standing next to him marks the square as "Light 1", you should be able to "see" so the message is incorrect. Found out the SQUARE_SEEN flag is only set if the character is wielding a light source or the square is permanently glowing (update_view).
In the necromancer thread, there was talk about not being able to cast spells well against lit monsters. Seems like the two should be related.Leave a comment:
-
- create a Mage
- go to 100ft
- find a sleeping apprentice
- remove torch
- stand near the apprentice
- try to cast a spell
Result: "you cannot see" message.
Since the apprentice is generated with a light source and standing next to him marks the square as "Light 1", you should be able to "see" so the message is incorrect. Found out the SQUARE_SEEN flag is only set if the character is wielding a light source or the square is permanently glowing (update_view).Leave a comment:
-
From memory throwing works a little more like having multiple blows in the sense that it's multiplying the branded damage where as a shooter is adding to the brand multiplier.Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: