Current master post-4.2.2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    It's due to changes in the way special artifacts are handled; it also has effects on the other artifact rings and amulets. I can't remember exactly when it happened - maybe 4.1? I don't think it's ideal, and will look into a better way of doing this that restores the previous situation.
    If I recall, the same thing happened soon after you finished the code base changes when we painstakingly play-tested everything step-by-step. You fixed it, but I guess it crept back in.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
    Is there a reason that the unidentified description of The One Ring has changed to "a Ring of Power" rather than "a Plain Gold Ring"?
    It's due to changes in the way special artifacts are handled; it also has effects on the other artifact rings and amulets. I can't remember exactly when it happened - maybe 4.1? I don't think it's ideal, and will look into a better way of doing this that restores the previous situation.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    Is there a reason that the unidentified description of The One Ring has changed to "a Ring of Power" rather than "a Plain Gold Ring"?

    Leave a comment:


  • Julian
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
    If I'm reading it right, the latest commit didn't fully correct the "p" command description.

    " + p (unused) P Browse a book "

    Doesn't the right side also need to change to "unused"?
    [P]eruse a book is the browse command for roguelike, since b/B are used for movement.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    If I'm reading it right, the latest commit didn't fully correct the "p" command description.

    " + p (unused) P Browse a book "

    Doesn't the right side also need to change to "unused"?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Latest nightly on the releases page will re-generate randarts if the randart file is missing. This should make the process of passing savefiles around (in particular to me for bugfixes) easier, as the randart file is not needed.

    There is potential for this not to work, if randart generation has changed at all between the version the file was generated in and the version loading the savefile.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
    Something is off in the new description for the "Crush" spell.

    "Instantly kill any monster in line-of-sight with less than four times the player's level in hitpointsting the player. Other monsters are unharmed."
    Thanks, fixed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    Something is off in the new description for the "Crush" spell.

    "Instantly kill any monster in line-of-sight with less than four times the player's level in hitpointsting the player. Other monsters are unharmed."

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Hounded
    Huh... I thought that was intentional. Cried a little bit inside but figured it must've been the product of some discussion.
    Moral of the story - always complain

    Leave a comment:


  • Hounded
    replied
    Huh... I thought that was intentional. Cried a little bit inside but figured it must've been the product of some discussion.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Latest update fixes a bug that has existed unnoticed since the lighting upgrade (a couple of years ago, before 4.2.0) - artifact lights are now back to radius three light instead of radius two. Thanks to MITZE who found the bug in FAangband.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Originally posted by Rikter
    I'd mostly want it for the option of seeing what classes bring on their own with modifiers before race. Doing that still leaves me with racial bonuses on top.
    pick human

    Leave a comment:


  • Rikter
    replied
    I'd mostly want it for the option of seeing what classes bring on their own with modifiers before race. Doing that still leaves me with racial bonuses on top.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Rikter
    IAlso it's probably a silly and minor thing to ask for but could we get the option to choose class before race? It's just a small thing I like to have the option for in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
    You kind of can: right arrow, pick class, left arrow, pick race, right arrow, right arrow and continue.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    Originally posted by Rikter
    Also it's probably a silly and minor thing to ask for but could we get the option to choose class before race? It's just a small thing I like to have the option for in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
    One is born before choosing their profession.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕