Current master post-4.2.2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PowerWyrm
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    Note that there are no current bugs slated for 4.2, so a release of 4.2.3 is likely before too long.
    What about the problem with double stacks of items and using from second stack actually depleting the first? (you have 40 phase doors + 10 phase doors, you use a scroll from the pile of 10 and end up with 39+10 instead of 40+9)

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by backwardsEric
    1. Be able to throw the equipped weapon without first taking it off or dropping it (Ingwe's post; there's also some follow-up posts to that later in the thread).
    This seems fair, and I've filed it as an issue. IIRC the current situation was because of some dodge at some point involving sticky curses.

    Originally posted by backwardsEric
    2. Pete, if I'm remembering correctly, suggested "weapons with the THROWING flag" as a category in the rules for what's ignored. Would need to work out what the precedence should be (the rules for hafted weapons say ignore a throwing hammer, but the rules for the "THROWING" flag say show it; which wins?).
    If this were included (which I'm on the fence about), I think throwing would probably override hafted etc. Either way this isn't do-able for 4.2.3, because it would break savefile compatibility (I know this after having incautiously added dragon armors as an extra ignore type in 4.0.3).

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
    Mystery resolved. It works perfectly, unless you play with "know flavors"/"know runes" activated in the birth options, then you get the "a Ring of Power" when viewed from a distance.
    Ah yes, that makes sense. You get what you pay for

    Leave a comment:


  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    So it looks to me like it's all working as intended. Anyone else have experience with this?
    Mystery resolved. It works perfectly, unless you play with "know flavors"/"know runes" activated in the birth options, then you get the "a Ring of Power" when viewed from a distance.

    Leave a comment:


  • will_asher
    replied
    Originally posted by backwardsEric
    There's two requests from these forums related to throwing weapons that never made the issue list and might make reasonable additions to 4.2.3:

    1. Be able to throw the equipped weapon without first taking it off or dropping it (Ingwe's post; there's also some follow-up posts to that later in the thread).

    2. Pete, if I'm remembering correctly, suggested "weapons with the THROWING flag" as a category in the rules for what's ignored. Would need to work out what the precedence should be (the rules for hafted weapons say ignore a throwing hammer, but the rules for the "THROWING" flag say show it; which wins?).
    Maybe use a different tval for throwing weapons? Seems to me weapons meant for throwing (a throwing hammer but not a spear) should have a different set of properties and egos available to get than normal weapons have. And weapons good for both melee and throwing (I think that would only be the dagger and spear) should be able to get both normal weapon egos or throwing egos. It doesn't make sense for a throwing axe to get an ego that only does anything if you wield it in melee.
    (I plan to do this for my variant, but I think it should be in V also)

    Leave a comment:


  • backwardsEric
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    Note that there are no current bugs slated for 4.2, so a release of 4.2.3 is likely before too long.
    There's two requests from these forums related to throwing weapons that never made the issue list and might make reasonable additions to 4.2.3:

    1. Be able to throw the equipped weapon without first taking it off or dropping it (Ingwe's post; there's also some follow-up posts to that later in the thread).

    2. Pete, if I'm remembering correctly, suggested "weapons with the THROWING flag" as a category in the rules for what's ignored. Would need to work out what the precedence should be (the rules for hafted weapons say ignore a throwing hammer, but the rules for the "THROWING" flag say show it; which wins?).

    Leave a comment:


  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    So it looks to me like it's all working as intended. Anyone else have experience with this?
    I'll keep an eye out for it in the rare event my @s find The One. If it still is a problem I'll make sure and get a savefile for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Note that there are no current bugs slated for 4.2, so a release of 4.2.3 is likely before too long.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Looks like the "serpentine ring" is no more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
    Try a potion of enlightenment or the rogues detect objects spell. You don't get "a Plain Gold Ring", or "the Ring of Power 'The One Ring'". You get "a Ring of Power".

    If I recall, it should be "a Plain Gold Ring" until actually stepped on or held, not "a Ring of Power".
    OK, I'll investigate further.

    EDIT: OK, tested both those things, same result. I was in fact testing on any of the special artifacts with fixed flavor and specially defined object kind. With Rogue's Object Detection, Nenya appeared as a Mithril ring not a Ring of Firmament, and with !Enlightenment Elessar appeared as a Green Amulet, not an Elfstone. This latter didn't surprise me, because I had previously detected the One as a Plain Gold Ring using debug light level, which is functionally the same as !Enlightenment.

    So it looks to me like it's all working as intended. Anyone else have experience with this?
    Last edited by Nick; July 3, 2021, 04:31. Reason: Post-testing

    Leave a comment:


  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick
    OK, on testing, I find that it hasn't.

    More precisely, if you detect it from a distance, you see "a Plain Gold Ring". All artifacts are now known once you step on or hold them, so at the point it will change to "the Ring of Power 'The One Ring'". Have you seen any different behaviour to this?
    Try a potion of enlightenment or the rogues detect objects spell. You don't get "a Plain Gold Ring", or "the Ring of Power 'The One Ring'". You get "a Ring of Power".

    If I recall, it should be "a Plain Gold Ring" until actually stepped on or held, not "a Ring of Power".

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
    Is there a reason that the unidentified description of The One Ring has changed to "a Ring of Power" rather than "a Plain Gold Ring"?
    OK, on testing, I find that it hasn't.

    More precisely, if you detect it from a distance, you see "a Plain Gold Ring". All artifacts are now known once you step on or hold them, so at the point it will change to "the Ring of Power 'The One Ring'". Have you seen any different behaviour to this?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by PowerWyrm
    I found a few symmetry errors in some vaults.
    Thanks. I took it that you've changed Huge and Huge - modified to Huge I and Huge II and that seemed to work

    Leave a comment:


  • PowerWyrm
    replied
    I found a few symmetry errors in some vaults. Here are the corrected version for them:

    Code:
    name:Huge I
    type:Greater vault
    rating:45
    rows:15
    columns:39
    min-depth:0
    max-depth:0
    flags:FEW_ENTRANCES
    D:%@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ 
    D:%+2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8@ 
    D:%@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#@ 
    D: @8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2@ 
    D: @#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ 
    D: @2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8@ 
    D: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#@ 
    D: @2#8#2#8#2#8#88888888888#8#2#8#2#8#2@ 
    D: @#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ 
    D: @8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2@ 
    D: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#@ 
    D: @2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8@ 
    D: @#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@%
    D: @8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2+%
    D: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@%
    Code:
    name:Huge II
    type:Greater vault
    rating:45
    rows:15
    columns:39
    min-depth:0
    max-depth:0
    flags:FEW_ENTRANCES
    D:%@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ 
    D:%#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8@ 
    D:%@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#@ 
    D: @2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2@2@ 
    D: @#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#@#@ 
    D: @8@8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8@8@8@ 
    D: @#@#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#@#@#@ 
    D: @2@2@2#8#2#8#2#8#8#8#8#2#8#2#8#2@2@2@ 
    D: @#@#@#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#@#@ 
    D: @8@8@8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8@8@ 
    D: @#@#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#@ 
    D: @2@2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2@ 
    D: @#@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@%
    D: @8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#8#2#%
    D: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@%
    Code:
    name:Curlicues
    type:Greater vault
    rating:15
    rows:21
    columns:43
    min-depth:0
    max-depth:0
    flags:FEW_ENTRANCES
    D: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    D: @^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^#8@^^^^^^^^@
    D: @.............@@@@@@@@@@@@^^^^@@@...&&@@+@
    D: @..@@@@@@@^^^@@..........@@^^^^@...&&@@26@
    D: @.@@&^4..@@^^@..@@@@@@@...@^^^^@...&@@...@
    D: @.@89^4...@^^@.@@^^^^^@@..@^^^^@...&@4444@
    D: @.@@9666..@^^@.@89644^^@..@^^^^@...&@4444@
    D: @..@@@@@..@^^@.@@96444444@@...@@242@@4...@
    D: @^^^^^^^^@@^^@..@@@@@@@@@@....@^^^^@2..22@
    D:%@@@@@@@@@@^^^@2&2&2&242424242@@^^^^@9..@@@
    D:%#^^^^^^^^^^@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#^^^^^@9..#8@
    D:%@@@@@@@@@@^^^@2&2&2&242424242@@^^^^@9..@@@
    D: @^^^^^^^^@@^^@..@@@@@@@@@@....@^^^^@2..22@
    D: @..@@@@@..@^^@.@@96444444@@...@@242@@4...@
    D: @.@@9666..@^^@.@89644^^@..@^^^^@...&@4444@
    D: @.@89^4...@^^@.@@^^^^^@@..@^^^^@...&@4444@
    D: @.@@&^4..@@^^@..@@@@@@@...@^^^^@...&@@...@
    D: @..@@@@@@@^^^@@..........@@^^^^@...&&@@26@
    D: @.............@@@@@@@@@@@@^^^^@@@...&&@@+@
    D: @^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^#8@^^^^^^^^@
    D: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    Code:
    name:Tree, crown, and seven stars
    type:Interesting room
    rating:0
    rows:11
    columns:26
    min-depth:0
    max-depth:0
    D:%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    D:%.........@1@1@...@......%
    D:%....@.....@@@...........%
    D:%.....................@..%
    D:%.......@@@@@@@@@........%
    D:%.@...@@@@@@@@@@@@@......%
    D:%.....@@@@@@@@@@@@@......%
    D:%......@@@.@@@.@@@....@..%
    D:%...@......@@@...........%
    D:%...........@.....@......%
    D:%%%%%%%%%%%   %%%%%%%%%%%%
    Code:
    name:Mirrored script "B"s
    type:Greater vault (new)
    rating:15
    rows:23
    columns:33
    min-depth:0
    max-depth:0
    D:%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    D:%...............................%
    D:%...........@@.....@@...........%
    D:%........@@@@@@@+@@@@@@@........%
    D:%....@@@@@4444@@6@@4444@@@@@....%
    D:%...@@..444^^44@#@44^^444..@@...%
    D:%..@@..44^^^^^^@6@^^^^^^44..@@..%
    D:%..@..44^^^....@#@....^^^44..@..%
    D:%..@..44^^.....#6#.....^^44..@..%
    D:%..@@..44^^....@#@....^^44..@@..%
    D:%...@@@.44@@@@@@6@@@@@@44.@@@...%
    D:%.....@@@@@444^###^444@@@@@.....%
    D:%...@@@.44@@@@@@6@@@@@@44.@@@...%
    D:%..@@..44^^....@#@....^^44..@@..%
    D:%..@..44^^.....#6#.....^^44..@..%
    D:%..@..44^^.....@#@.....^^44..@..%
    D:%..@@..44^^^^^^@6@^^^^^^44..@@..%
    D:%...@@..444^^44@#@44^^444..@@...%
    D:%....@@@@@4444@@6@@4444@@@@@....%
    D:%........@@@@@@@+@@@@@@@........%
    D:%...........@@.....@@...........%
    D:%...............................%
    D:%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    Last edited by PowerWyrm; June 29, 2021, 18:14.

    Leave a comment:


  • archolewa
    replied
    I was vaguely under the impression that Rangers are receiving their extra shots bonus for slings and crossbows now. Is that correct, or am I going crazy? Because `S` command still says they gain shooting speed when using tension bows every 10 levels.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕