X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rowan
    Adept
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
    Using Scare Monster on a monster makes it flee and recover on the same turn. Intended?
    I've seen this happen with sleep/sanctuary as well, but figured my stealth was terrible at the time. Is it possible the monster has nowhere to run and auto-recovers?

Comment

• PowerWyrm
      Prophet
      • Apr 2008

Looking at the code, it seems that it is due to the fear timed being reset if a monster doesn't do anything during a turn.

Code:
      	/* Hack -- get "bold" if out of options */
      	if (!did_something && mon->m_timed[MON_TMD_FEAR])
      		mon_clear_timed(mon, MON_TMD_FEAR, MON_TMD_FLG_NOTIFY, FALSE);
      PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Iolanthe
        Rookie
        • Aug 2015

I updated to 4.0.3 just now. I just noticed something and I wonder whether it's deliberate?

When I recall to a level and then try to go upstairs, the game won't let me That goes for both stairs created by the game and those magically created by me.

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Iolanthe
          I updated to 4.0.3 just now. I just noticed something and I wonder whether it's deliberate?

When I recall to a level and then try to go upstairs, the game won't let me That goes for both stairs created by the game and those magically created by me.
          Sounds like you have the forced-descent birth option turned on.

Comment

• Iolanthe
            Rookie
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Derakon
            Sounds like you have the forced-descent birth option turned on.
            No, I haven't. It worked in 4.0.2, too.

Comment

• Iolanthe
              Rookie
              • Aug 2015

I went back to 4.0.2, using the savegame from 4.0.3, and everything worked as expected.

How lucky we are, that Nick keeps everything compatible

Comment

• Werbaer
                Adept
                • Aug 2014

Paladin: Wrath of God lists 100 damage for the Banish Evil spell

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                  Prophet
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Werbaer
                  Paladin: Wrath of God lists 100 damage for the Banish Evil spell
                  Same with priest. Apparently there is dice-line in class.txt for that spell even that that spell is just mass-tele other for evil.

[EDIT] looking at the file it seems that dice has some other meaning than just damage. For example all detections have dice-line.

I have no idea how those are used.
                  Last edited by Timo Pietilä; November 9, 2015, 12:33.

Comment

• Derakon
                    Prophet
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                    Same with priest. Apparently there is dice-line in class.txt for that spell even that that spell is just mass-tele other for evil.

[EDIT] looking at the file it seems that dice has some other meaning than just damage. For example all detections have dice-line.

I have no idea how those are used.
                    At a guess, that's the range indicator, so Banish Evil uses 100 tiles as the input parameter to the teleport-other effect it invokes. Of course, that doesn't really mean much of anything given how random the teleport code is.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2009

Just had a stat-swap potion (!Nimbleness) with the message, "You feel very dextrous!", but without the corresponding negative in another stat. My assumption is that Dex got both increased and decreased. I didn't think that was possible. Is this a bug? I always thought the stat-swap had to be to a stat other than the one increased.
                      “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                      ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Nick
                        Vanilla maintainer
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
                        Just had a stat-swap potion (!Nimbleness) with the message, "You feel very dextrous!", but without the corresponding negative in another stat. My assumption is that Dex got both increased and decreased. I didn't think that was possible. Is this a bug? I always thought the stat-swap had to be to a stat other than the one increased.
                        This can happen if the stat to be reduced is already at the minimum 3.
                        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nick
                          This can happen if the stat to be reduced is already at the minimum 3.
                          Oh, yeah, you reminded me of that before, but I forgot. Sorry about that.
                          “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                          ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• zog
                            Rookie
                            • Oct 2015

spoiler generation bug (OS X)

I originally filed this under the 4.0.2 bug thread, but it seems to have gone unfixed in 4.0.3, so here goes.

I ^C'd a character, and tried to generate object spoilers from the tombstone screen.
                            The game proceeded to show messages of "auto-inscribed a scroll of recall," auto-inscribed a scroll of phase doc," "auto-inscribed a scroll of identify" ad infinitum, without ever returning me to the tombstone screen. The only way out of this is to force-kill the application.

Other observations:
                            • It seems to be looping through the three scroll auto-inscribes I have defined. The auto-inscribes for staves, rods, wands and spell books never seem to come up.
                            • The bug is triggered regardless of whether I actually have the scrolls in inventory, and is 100% reproducible.
                            • It is only the object spoiler generation that is affected; other spoilers seem to complete with no problem.
                            • The object.spo file does get generated prior to the app entering the infinite message loop.

Comment

• Nick
                              Vanilla maintainer
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by zog
                              I originally filed this under the 4.0.2 bug thread, but it seems to have gone unfixed in 4.0.3, so here goes.

I ^C'd a character, and tried to generate object spoilers from the tombstone screen.
                              The game proceeded to show messages of "auto-inscribed a scroll of recall," auto-inscribed a scroll of phase doc," "auto-inscribed a scroll of identify" ad infinitum, without ever returning me to the tombstone screen. The only way out of this is to force-kill the application.

Other observations:
                              • It seems to be looping through the three scroll auto-inscribes I have defined. The auto-inscribes for staves, rods, wands and spell books never seem to come up.
                              • The bug is triggered regardless of whether I actually have the scrolls in inventory, and is 100% reproducible.
                              • It is only the object spoiler generation that is affected; other spoilers seem to complete with no problem.
                              • The object.spo file does get generated prior to the app entering the infinite message loop.
                              I can't reproduce this - looks like it's related to something character-specific. Did the character have auto-inscriptions for those, or any other, items? And what platform are you on?
                              One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                              In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Werbaer
                                Adept
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by zog
                                Originally posted by Nick
                                I can't reproduce this - looks like it's related to something character-specific. Did the character have auto-inscriptions for those, or any other, items? And what platform are you on?
                                I can reproduce this. Windows version.
                                Generate a new character.
                                Load a pref file with auto-inscriptions.
                                Quit the Character; the Word of Recall scroll gets auto-inscribed.
                                Generate Object spoilers (a). Infinite loop.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎