• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

4.0.3 bugs

Originally posted by troycheek
    Another bug! Actually, it's in 4.0.3 - should we start a new thread?
    Well, all right, then.

Originally posted by troycheek
    Assertion failed, file: obj-pile.c, line: 134, expression: pile_contains(*pile,obj)

Walked across a Potion of Dragon Breath. Quaffed it from the floor. Breathed frost at nearby baddies, close enough that the potion was within the damage radius. The Potion of Dragon Breath shatters! Game crashed with assertion failed. My guess would be that the game tried to remove the potion both when it shattered and when it was consumed, the second action causing the crash because the item in question had already been removed.
    This is now fixed in development - in the same setting, the potion will now not shatter.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
  • yyt16384
    Scout
    • Jan 2015

Everburning lanterns has "refills other lanterns up to 15000 turns of fuel" in description, but they won't.

Comment

• troycheek
      Rookie
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Nick
      This is now fixed in development - in the same setting, the potion will now not shatter.
      Cool. I actually encountered the same situation just a day or two later. "Wow, free attack! I'll just... Hey! Wait a minute!"

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

I believe everything in the 4.0.2 bugs thread has now been either fixed or filed to fix, so we should be able to stick to this thread now.

Comment

• bio_hazard
          Knight
          • Dec 2008

4.0.3 minor bug with detection

Use a Rod of Treasure Location. Two orange asterisks appear on map, but no red asterisks.
          Incorrect message:

You sense no treasure.
          You sense the presence of objects!

(should report the opposite)

Comment

• brbrbr
            Adept
            • Sep 2015

On treasure detection - I often find no objects where the red asterisk is.
            No chances monster would pick it up, as none nearby and I just landed on level. Is it a bug or a feature?

Comment

• Derakon
              Prophet
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by brbrbr
              On treasure detection - I often find no objects where the red asterisk is.
              No chances monster would pick it up, as none nearby and I just landed on level. Is it a bug or a feature?
              You've probably squelched the item in question. Hit 'K' to toggle squelch and you should see the item you detected.

Comment

• brbrbr
                Adept
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Derakon
                You've probably squelched the item in question. Hit 'K' to toggle squelch and you should see the item you detected.
                A-ha!
                Thats a feature!

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bio_hazard
                  4.0.3 minor bug with detection

Use a Rod of Treasure Location. Two orange asterisks appear on map, but no red asterisks.
                  Incorrect message:

You sense no treasure.
                  You sense the presence of objects!

(should report the opposite)
                  This is not actually a bug, but slightly confusing.

There are two parts to Treasure Location - detect gold (which finds buried treasure) and sense objects (which finds objects, including money, on the floor). So you sensed no buried treasure (first message), but you did sense a couple of piles of cash (second message).

I think that changing the failure message for detect gold to
                  You sense no buried treasure.
                  would clarify this.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2008

Don't know if you filed a bug for these, but just a reminder (since they were not in the 4.0.2 thread):
                    - "command_menu" in ui-context is never freed (there's no reason to make it static too)
                    - dropping missiles from the quiver doesn't refresh the missile count in the inventory subwindow immediately
                    - picking up missiles from the floor doesn't refresh the equipment subwindow immediately
                    - uniques with the S_KIN flag summons "kin", while they were summoning "their minions" before
                    - unidentified potion of dragon breath asks for a direction, while it should simply cast a ball around the player
                    - "you see a Pendant <+3,+4>" when finding Ingwe (jewelry treated differently compared to other artifacts)
                    - "do_break" (used for SHATTER attacks) does nothing when it should avoid monsters from swinging at empty air
                    - no check vs player death is done after applying damage, so the game still can apply cuts and stuns to a dead player

And I've found this minor glitch: walking over a spellbook that has learnable spells doesn't switch the "Study" indicator from greyed to white.
                    PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                      Prophet
                      • Apr 2008

Average weapons seem to fail IDing by use after hitting stuff. They will appear as "a foo (+0, +0) {wielded}" and won't trigger the "Ignore all average foo weapons" option in the ignore menu, but instead "Ignore all excellent but not splendid foo weapons".
                      PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Derakon
                        Prophet
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                        Average weapons seem to fail IDing by use after hitting stuff. They will appear as "a foo (+0, +0) {wielded}" and won't trigger the "Ignore all average foo weapons" option in the ignore menu, but instead "Ignore all excellent but not splendid foo weapons".
                        I think this is technically working as intended. The item clearly isn't good (or it'd have pluses) and isn't splendid (or it'd have a noticeable effect on wield) but it could potentially be an ego item that has no pluses. In practical terms that's not possible in current Vanilla, but it may be in future.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                          Prophet
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by yyt16384
                          Everburning lanterns has "refills other lanterns up to 15000 turns of fuel" in description, but they won't.
                          This has been fixed by adding a whole set of "flags-off" flags to remove from base flags when, I think, it would have been much simplier to use the NO_FUEL flag that already exists.

Code:
                          	if (is_light && of_has(flags, OF_TAKES_FUEL)) {
                          		*refuel_turns = z_info->fuel_lamp;
                          	} else {
                          		*refuel_turns = 0;
                          	}
                          becomes:

Code:
                          	if (is_light && !no_fuel && of_has(flags, OF_TAKES_FUEL)) {
                          		*refuel_turns = z_info->fuel_lamp;
                          	} else {
                          		*refuel_turns = 0;
                          	}

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                            Prophet
                            • Apr 2008

Using Scare Monster on a monster makes it flee and recover on the same turn. Intended?

Comment

• Nick
                              Vanilla maintainer
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                              This has been fixed by adding a whole set of "flags-off" flags to remove from base flags when, I think, it would have been much simplier to use the NO_FUEL flag that already exists.
                              Yes, that would have been simpler, but I decided that the ability for egos to remove base item flags is worth having.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎