X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrodman
    Apprentice
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bogatyr
    Yeah but this is a pain. I do something similar, pick up all the ammo, which if I'm just about full kicks out the last entry of inventory, drop the required ammo to reduce the quiver size, then pick up the item again. Can be risky, though, and might forget to pick up the item again.

The game really needs a "pick up ammo that fits into existing quivers" command.
    Personally I'd go with wobbly's implied suggestion. "Your (inventory via the quiver|ammo pile) limits how much you can pick up, you get 12 arrows from the pile of 25." Probably there's better ways to word this, but tell the player that they didn't get them all and what limited it.

Comment

• wobbly
      Prophet
      • May 2012

Another minor 1. Casting door creating left me inside a closed door. Though maybe it's always been like that.

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by wobbly
        Don't know whether I'd call it a bug or an interface issue, but I'm standing on 18 iron shots, I can fit 6 in my inventory. Why can't I use the get command to pick up 6?
        The behaviour I'm going to aim for here is
        1. Picking up in this situation requires the 'g' command (no autopickup)
        2. The 'g' command prompts you for the number to pick up, and tells you the maximum.

Does this sound reasonable?
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Nick
          The behaviour I'm going to aim for here is
          1. Picking up in this situation requires the 'g' command (no autopickup)
          2. The 'g' command prompts you for the number to pick up, and tells you the maximum.

Does this sound reasonable?
          As long as the default value is also the maximum, so you can just do "g[enter]" and fill your quiver.

Comment

• luneya
            Swordsman
            • Aug 2015

Enchant armor isn't uncursing my Boots of Wormtongue. I've landed a few successful (at increasing AC) enchantments, including one from an *Enchant Armor* scroll, and they're still marked cursed. This has to be a bug, right?

Comment

• Monkey Face
              Adept
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by luneya
              Enchant armor isn't uncursing my Boots of Wormtongue. I've landed a few successful (at increasing AC) enchantments, including one from an *Enchant Armor* scroll, and they're still marked cursed. This has to be a bug, right?
              Whether it breaks the curse or not is a matter of random chance unrelated to the success of the enchantment. I had something similar happen to me recently where it took about 10 tries before the curse was broken. However, it eventually did happen and I was able to swap them for boots of speed.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                Veteran
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by luneya
                I have had the curse break on the 1st try, and I've also had to wait until the 10th try, and everywhere in between. Nowadays, I don't wear Wormtongue boots until the curse is broken just in case I come across boots of speed that I want to wear.
                “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                  Prophet
                  • Apr 2008

Uncursing something is a flat 25% chance, halved for artifacts.
                  PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Nick
                    Vanilla maintainer
                    • Apr 2007

Good news is I think every reported bug is fixed except this one:

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                    I don't know what changed about monster groups, but if you enter a room full of cave spiders and you wait for a couple of them to wake up, they will simply gather around your character like bees and do nothing. I'm sure they would gangbang you in previous versions.
                    which is definitely a thing. Once I have it fixed, 4.0.4 will follow fairly soon.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2009

One request for 4.0.4, will you put in a "disturb" when the treasure level feeling kicks in? As it stands now, when @ is running and the level feeling kicks in, @ just keeps running.
                      “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                      ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Nick
                        Vanilla maintainer
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                        I don't know what changed about monster groups, but if you enter a room full of cave spiders and you wait for a couple of them to wake up, they will simply gather around your character like bees and do nothing. I'm sure they would gangbang you in previous versions.
                        Nice catch with this - there was a moderately significant bug which was preventing group monsters from meleeing the player in open areas.

Comment

• Egavactip
                          Swordsman
                          • Mar 2012

I had a weird bug happen the other day where I went down to a new level and very briefly all the monsters on the level flashed on the monster see/detect window.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎