Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • debo
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Word of Recall is the only one that is even occasionally annoying to me. The rest seem fine to me, even remove curse.

There is a bit of a disconnect between remove curse and stat drain though; you can pay more at a store to get stats restored, but remove curse requires a scroll.

I also think the priest shop restoration service is very cheap for how good it is, but maybe that's just me.
    Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• Arjen
      Adept
      • Dec 2010

Found a bug? Jasra, Mistress of Brand can't cast any spell? Just mimiced her in the anti-melee cave.

Comment

• chris
        PosChengband Maintainer
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Arjen
        Found a bug? Jasra, Mistress of Brand can't cast any spell? Just mimiced her in the anti-melee cave.
        Oops. You can edit r_info to get your spells back.

Comment

• Arjen
          Adept
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by chris
          Oops. You can edit r_info to get your spells back.
          Lost the form as I couldn't kill anything. Hunting for Dark Elven Sorcerers.

Comment

• Arjen
            Adept
            • Dec 2010

Is it on purpose that Wis based monsters don't benefit from mana consuption decrease and lowered failrate?

Comment

• wobbly
              Prophet
              • May 2012

So I've been playing a few chaos warriors & one thing that's been bugging me flavour-wise is I can't seem to bring up any info on my patron demon. For instance on my current character my patron shows as the demon lord Eequor. Demon lord of what? What form does he take? I have know idea, it just shows a name & that's it.

On the subject of item avaliability in stores bows/slings seem a little rare. Normally I'd like to pick-up a sling at the start, & it's not that often it's avaliable. Though that's just a minor annoyance of course.

Edit: Possible bug. The fire command has the option of fire from floor, but it tells you your out of ammunition if you try it.
              Last edited by wobbly; June 3, 2014, 09:53.

Comment

• chris
                PosChengband Maintainer
                • Jan 2008

Is it on purpose that Wis based monsters don't benefit from mana consuption decrease and lowered failrate?
                It was, but this was probably a mistake. Next release (3.3.2) will use the pseudo-class of the form in question (In r_info.txt, this is specified on the initial P:Copy:Race:Class line for each monster). This means that almost every form will now benefit from Economical Mana.

As an aside, I don't like that practically every class can use a wizardstaff. In my opinion, only pure mage forms and perhaps priests should be allowed this. All hybrid casters should not benefit.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

I recently started playing the Angel monster race again in 3.3.1. But, Angels NO LONGER start with a Scroll Acquirement. Since when did this happen?!
                  My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• krazyhades
                    Swordsman
                    • Jun 2013

Even Warrior Mages?

Comment

• chris
                      PosChengband Maintainer
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
                      I recently started playing the Angel monster race again in 3.3.1. But, Angels NO LONGER start with a Scroll Acquirement. Since when did this happen?!
                      Somebody removed it

For me, this tended to encourage start scumming for a decent drop. Since my resistance to this sort of behavior is rather low, my only recourse was to remove the opportunity. Sad, but true.

Comment

• chris
                        PosChengband Maintainer
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by krazyhades
                        Even Warrior Mages?
                        I probably won't be making any changes to wizardstaves, I was just voicing my personal opinions on the matter. It seems weird that a Rogue could benefit, for example. But were I to make a change, Warrior Mages probably would be allowed to use them since they are supposed to actually be a dual class, not a hybrid. And you really need this mechanic if you are casting Arcane garbage all the time

Comment

• Arjen
                          Adept
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by chris
                          I probably won't be making any changes to wizardstaves, I was just voicing my personal opinions on the matter. It seems weird that a Rogue could benefit, for example. But were I to make a change, Warrior Mages probably would be allowed to use them since they are supposed to actually be a dual class, not a hybrid. And you really need this mechanic if you are casting Arcane garbage all the time
                          So time to ditch this awesome Fallen Angel form. I'll go mimic Sauron.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

Right now, I have an active Draconian Wild-Talent that gets a "You are not very mystical" message when I destroy certain items. What does that mean?
                            My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Arjen
                              Adept
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
                              Right now, I have an active Draconian Wild-Talent that gets a "You are not very mystical" message when I destroy certain items. What does that mean?
                              That one of your virtue changes in the negative direction. I never pay attention to virtues as they don't do much.

Btw, can you get forms while killing stuff with the poison needle? It doesn't look that way. (Which might be a good thing.)

And something else. I often want to check which stat a certain mimiced monster uses, but you can't check mimicform if you are not in your basic form. Maybe create a "stop mimic' power and a 'check current form' power.
                              Last edited by Arjen; June 5, 2014, 11:56.

Comment

• chris
                                PosChengband Maintainer
                                • Jan 2008

So time to ditch this awesome Fallen Angel form. I'll go mimic Sauron.
                                Well, the Possessor/Mimic change I'm keeping, but I haven't released yet. Sorry, next release is still a ways off as RL has intruded on my playtesting

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎