Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideways
    Knight
    • Nov 2008

cur_num is recalculated on loading, so just resuming play should make the game understand that Sauron isn't there, even pre-bugfixes.

(Indeed, pre-bugfixes, the game would have considered Sauron not there and allowed him to generate even with Wolf-Sauron or Vampire-Sauron present...)
    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• DavidMedley
      Veteran
      • Oct 2019

Oooh that's fun! Fight 3 Saurons at once!
      Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• Sphara
        Knight
        • Oct 2016

Thanks. Very nice job, Sideways! Thanks to Nick too in advance.
        I'd rather find some minor bugs from now on

Comment

• PowerWyrm
          Prophet
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by DavidMedley
          Oooh that's fun! Fight 3 Saurons at once!
          In past versions of MAngband, you could face multiple Morgoths because 1) he could summon himself and 2) he was only unique per player instead of per level
          PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Monkey Face
            Adept
            • Feb 2009

Was there a change to the way stacking works or am I missing something in the options? In the past, if I was standing on an item and I dropped something from my inventory, it would drop into a nearby empty floor space assuming there is one. In 4.2.1, it drops on top of the item on the floor and is the first of the two that I pick up, even if I'm surrounded by empty floor.

Comment

• Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Monkey Face
              Was there a change to the way stacking works or am I missing something in the options? In the past, if I was standing on an item and I dropped something from my inventory, it would drop into a nearby empty floor space assuming there is one. In 4.2.1, it drops on top of the item on the floor and is the first of the two that I pick up, even if I'm surrounded by empty floor.
              Yes, that was a recent change.
              One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
              In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                Veteran
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nick
                Yes, that was a recent change.
                I love this change. Especially helpful when fighting a monster and for some reason have to drop something. It helps that it doesn't roll out under the monster @ is fighting, where it can't be retrieved or used from the floor.
                “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2009

There's something wrong with Staff of the Magi information not updating. My @, a Dwarf Druid, uses the Staff and sees mana restored, yet the information on the staff in his inventory says only that, "It can be activated."
                  “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                  ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Nick
                    Vanilla maintainer
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
                    There's something wrong with Staff of the Magi information not updating. My @, a Dwarf Druid, uses the Staff and sees mana restored, yet the information on the staff in his inventory says only that, "It can be activated."
                    Yes, this is a known bug with devices first activated off the floor.

Comment

• Nick
                      Vanilla maintainer
                      • Apr 2007

OK, new macOS build is up on the nightlies page (windows build is still broken), and on angband.live (source is here) with the following changes:
                      • Performance improvement by Kusunose
                      • Food counter fix by Sideways
                      • Multiple shapechange fixes by Sideways
                      • Fix to roguelike key issues in macOS by backwardsEric
                      • Fix to inconsistencies when mimics get teleported by backwardsEric (ie when anyone teleports a mimic...)
                      • Improvement to ID which should fix the problem with IDing devices first used off the floor; backwardsEric again

Comment

• gglibertine
                        Adept
                        • Dec 2007

I found a Wicker Shield +8 a while ago and wore it to see what the unIDed runes were. First discovery was vulnerability curse but it still showing unIDed runes. Bought two scrolls of Remove Curse and removed Vulnerability.

Next I got a message that the shield was aggravating creatures, but no actual curse showed up in the description and reading Remove Curse did nothing. I thought maybe this was a shield of the Nazgul or something so sold it to the Armory -- it was a shield of Resist Fire and had no additional curses on it.

Apologies, I didn't think to hit save at the time, but it's only been about 15 more minutes of gameplay. Hopefully the savefile is useful. Windows precompiled build.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by gglibertine; July 5, 2020, 18:31.

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by gglibertine
                          I found a Wicker Shield +8 a while ago and wore it to see what the unIDed runes were. First discovery was vulnerability curse but it still showing unIDed runes. Bought two scrolls of Remove Curse and removed Vulnerability.

Next I got a message that the shield was aggravating creatures, but no actual curse showed up in the description and reading Remove Curse did nothing. I thought maybe this was a shield of the Nazgul or something so sold it to the Armory -- it was a shield of Resist Fire and had no additional curses on it.

Apologies, I didn't think to hit save at the time, but it's only been about 15 more minutes of gameplay. Hopefully the savefile is useful. Windows precompiled build.
                          Thanks for the savefile - could you zip up your randart file and post that as well?

Comment

• gglibertine
                            Adept
                            • Dec 2007

It's too big, even zipped -- 177K. Email?

Comment

• zuus
                              Rookie
                              • May 2020

(Alter - West) and (Alter - South)

Today I started using 4.2.1 on the Mac and it seems that the (Alter - Keys) in the roguelike keyset are broken:
                              ^h: "Type '?' for help"
                              ^j: opens the same popup like Enter
                              ^k: alters north
                              ^l: alters east
                              the diagonals alter as expected...

Also, in the helpfile there is an open bracket missing in the ^J line.

Comment

• Nick
                                Vanilla maintainer
                                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by zuus
                                Today I started using 4.2.1 on the Mac and it seems that the (Alter - Keys) in the roguelike keyset are broken:
                                ^h: "Type '?' for help"
                                ^j: opens the same popup like Enter
                                ^k: alters north
                                ^l: alters east
                                the diagonals alter as expected...

Also, in the helpfile there is an open bracket missing in the ^J line.
                                Yes, this is a known bug, fixed in the nightliy builds.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎