X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gwarl
    Administrator
    • Jan 2017

Sneak peek:

Planning to work more on this before I actually link it but as a proof of concept we can get information about causes of death now. It will take a while to build up a lot of data. I should have started years ago.

Comment

• MITZE
      Swordsman
      • Jan 2017

Purpling

Either the purpling functionality is broken again, or you changed it and everyone is under a gross misunderstanding on how it works . . . "Ajencis" died in postgame after winning in Frog, and did not get their purple, where to everyone's knowledge that I've seen you're supposed to get purple if you've killed Morgoth or J on character end afterwards, regardless of death or retirement.

Did you change the criteria after the great a.l crash? Pretty sure it worked how everyone thought before that.

EDIT: Also, one of Omni's many accounts ("Kerberos" I think?) spontaneously got purpled, although he is unaware of winning . . . maybe the functionality did just break.
      Last edited by MITZE; May 14, 2023, 17:37. Reason: Fixed grammar.
      Everything you need to know about my roguelike playstyle:

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Comment

• Gwarl
        Administrator
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by MITZE
        Either the purpling functionality is broken again, or you changed it and everyone is under a gross misunderstanding on how it works . . . "Ajencis" died in postgame after winning in Frog, and did not get their purple, where to everyone's knowledge that I've seen you're supposed to get purple if you've killed Morgoth or J on character end afterwards, regardless of death or retirement.

Did you change the criteria after the great a.l crash? Pretty sure it worked how everyone thought before that.

EDIT: Also, one of Omni's many accounts ("Kerberos" I think?) spontaneously got purpled, although he is unaware of winning . . . maybe the functionality did just break.
        That doesn't count as a win to me. But anyway, the server checks for the cause of death being old age while purpling. But yes there's still a bug apparently with purpling new accounts after someone else wins.

Comment

• MITZE
          Swordsman
          • Jan 2017

Mod Action Requested

User [Ajencis] would like their ToME2 main module save deleted, as it is borked.

They don't actually need any of the ToME2 saves under the account, to make it simple, but it's the main module one they're specifically worried about.

EDIT: Also Nick would like to inquire about his broken FA update button again.
          Last edited by MITZE; May 24, 2023, 18:35. Reason: Forgot something.

Comment

• Ajencis
            Rookie
            • Sep 2021

i've poked around with a couple alts in tome2.
            as far as i can tell, the bug occurs when a character that doesn't have a savefile leaves the game without saving (by closing the tab). the result is a savefile that crashes the game when it is loaded.
            unrelatedly, i really appreciate the site; many thanks to gwarl for maintaining it.

Comment

• OmniNegro
              Scout
              • Jul 2014

Yes, Kerberos is Purpled by the bug. I was logged in when Ajencis won and was not purpled. I have no idea if that figures into it or not.

I am around on .live to annoy you about the Tome2 saves for Ajencis needing to be deleted. And to annoy MITZE about everything else in the universe.

Comment

• Gwarl
                Administrator
                • Jan 2017

Deleted Ajencis's tome2 save.. can't figure out why Nick's faangband update button isn't working. I'll do a manuall update for nightly in the meantime. I'll try and take a look and the bugs sometime soon.

Comment

• Ajencis
                  Rookie
                  • Sep 2021

Originally posted by Gwarl
                  Deleted Ajencis's tome2 save..
                  Much appreciated; thank you!

Comment

• OmniNegro
                    Scout
                    • Jul 2014

Please delete the tome2 save for NoobDoNethack. Thanks.

Comment

• Zabutor
                      Rookie
                      • Jun 2021

live server down?

I can't get to it... haven't tried new/private session or other browsers yet

Comment

• Gwarl
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2017

Seems fine?

Comment

• MITZE
                          Swordsman
                          • Jan 2017

Mod Action Requested

Gwarl I think we might need actual mod action on the webserver again; got a user who is being a general nuisance, crossing into harassment territory, and isn't cooling it/backing off when warned to.

No, it's not Omni, they go by "tom".

Comment

• Nick
                            Vanilla maintainer
                            • Apr 2007

Nice mod action Gwarl
                            One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                            In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• OmniNegro
                              Scout
                              • Jul 2014

Indeed. you did what was required for him to see there could be consequences, and did not push it like some would. Very good. Hopefully we will never again have to ask for help with such a person. Sadly, tom is a child. So this was all but expected.

He will grow up eventually.

Comment

• OmniNegro
                                Scout
                                • Jul 2014

Anyone happen to remember the simple javascript that lunitin shared with us in the server? I am getting very tempted to use it.
                                Since Firefox lacks a way to directly input javascript, I ill use this extension to block the troll.
                                Download javascript for Firefox. add javascript that will run on this domain. back up your scripts in the options area (shortcut there by clicking the "JS" letters in the bottom right)

*Edit* adding some other options. Not sure if they work or not.

Download Hide Twitch Chat Users for Firefox. Enter the names of usernames you would like to hide messages from in Twitch.tv chats (split by whitespace and/or commas).

*Edit* They do not.
                                Last edited by OmniNegro; September 26, 2023, 02:23.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎