Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cryomaniac
    Swordsman
    • Jan 2022

Just checked it; seems to be working, thanks!

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
      Veteran
      • Jan 2009

angband.live server completely down? Webpage pops up saying:

"An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
      Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx."
      “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
      ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• rhukath
        Rookie
        • Sep 2008

Not sure who needs to know but angband.live is currently down.

Comment

• Gwarl
          Administrator
          • Jan 2017

it's back_____

Comment

• MITZE
            Swordsman
            • Jan 2017

You may care to know that whatever happened, copypasting text from the game window into the chat no longer results in a bunch of blackspace ending up in the chat too.
            Everything you need to know about my roguelike playstyle:

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Comment

• SethaWetha
              Scout
              • May 2018

Originally posted by MITZE
              You may care to know that whatever happened, copypasting text from the game window into the chat no longer results in a bunch of blackspace ending up in the chat too.
              Dunno how related it is but the server crashed the instant I pasted into the text box. https://streamable.com/s9kpfa
              http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-browse.php?e=SethaWetha

Comment

• MITZE
                Swordsman
                • Jan 2017

Site Crash

Site appears to have crashed again, getting the same error page as last time.

Comment

• wobbly
                  Prophet
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by MITZE
                  Site appears to have crashed again, getting the same error page as last time.
                  Shakes fist at Rolanako.

And no I don't care if it's actually your fault or not.

Comment

• Gwarl
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2017

Back up_____

Comment

• MITZE
                      Swordsman
                      • Jan 2017

For posterity and for anyone who's confused, the gaming aspect of the server is currently borked, but Gwarl is hard at work* trying to fix it.

*Theoretically. He might actually be trying to fall/asleep or something, it may or may not be beddie bye sleepy time where he's at—I can't be bothered to look at time zones. But he is aware there are problems! . . . probably. I'm like 90% sure.

Comment

• Gwarl
                        Administrator
                        • Jan 2017

Yeah it's almost midnight here. For reasons I can't determine the whole database containing information about the games, available versions etc and all user data is gone (the accounts not the savefiles). I suspect it might have something to do with the fact the disk is 95% full. I'll see if I can make some room. I'll try and get the most popular variants back online tonight and the rest tomorrow.

Given most people are honest here I'll just point out that if you want your savefiles back you should log in with your original username ASAP to secure your account. All winner statuses are obviously reset - you have to re-earn your purple names.

Comment

• Gwarl
                          Administrator
                          • Jan 2017

I've restored a half dozen of the most popular variants.. I'll work on the rest tomorrow.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

I've been off the grid for several months. Now I see this...interesting. I guess I'll have to try to stop by for a bit...

Gwarl: if you're interested in ever changing the Linux distro of your server, I definitely recommend Devuan. It's systemd-free with a rock stable Debian-like base. I didn't mention Gentoo because of its obvious long time to set up
                            Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; February 15, 2023, 23:52.
                            My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• MITZE
                              Swordsman
                              • Jan 2017

Server Crash Bug

You might care to know that people starting a chat message with / causes the server to crash.

Poorly-implemented mod power checks, I'm guessing?

EDIT: Actually, scratch that; we're not quite sure what's causing the crash except it seems like it's Rolanako somehow, every time.
                              EDIT2: Apparently Zabutor can also invoke whatever it is; it definitely seems to be related to starting a chat message with / but it doesn't seem to cause a crash for everybody doing it, only certain people.
                              EDIT3: So can Wally3.
                              Last edited by MITZE; March 2, 2023, 07:26. Reason: Added even more info.

Comment

• MITZE
                                Swordsman
                                • Jan 2017

[02:10] jchaught: i see they still haven't uploaded the rest of the games that were on here from before.. i had a character in tome 2.3.5 that i wanted to finish as well as the character on mangband on here. so mad.
                                Not actually posting this to complain; I'm more marveling that Mangband actually worked right for anyone on the server.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎