Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HugoVirtuoso
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

I noticed Recall works during pre-surface Thrall-mode. In FAAngband, pre-surface-Thrall mode recall doesn't work until surfacing and making at least Gondolin a home. Maybe FCPB's Thrall-mode should be disallowed until after at least surfacing the hard way?
    My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• MITZE
      Swordsman
      • Jan 2017

Player Pumpkin Man/Death Pumpkin Flag Inconsistencies

There seems to be an inconsistency with the state of the innate Hold Life that player Pumpkin Men/Death Pumpkins get; as far as I can tell, the flag for the character sheet is turned on from the getgo, but the actual bonus doesn't come into effect until evolution.

(On a side note, hope you are well rodent; we've gotten a bit worried about you on the webserver. Well wishes!)
      Last edited by MITZE; April 4, 2021, 20:35. Reason: Fixed some drat typos.
      Everything you need to know about my roguelike playstyle:

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Comment

• Sideways
        Knight
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
        I noticed Recall works during pre-surface Thrall-mode. In FAAngband, pre-surface-Thrall mode recall doesn't work until surfacing and making at least Gondolin a home. Maybe FCPB's Thrall-mode should be disallowed until after at least surfacing the hard way?
        What Frog allows (recalling out of R'lyeh and landing in the middle of a level 60 deep-sea wilderness directly next to a perma-awake, teleport-immune warp demon) is pretty far from recalling from Angband to the safety of Gondolin. It's more like recalling from Angband to Anfauglith 56.

Originally posted by MITZE
        There seems to be an inconsistency with the state of the innate Hold Life that player Pumpkin Men/Death Pumpkins get; as far as I can tell, the flag for the character sheet is turned on from the getgo, but the actual bonus doesn't come into effect until evolution.

(On a side note, hope you are well rodent; we've gotten a bit worried about you on the webserver. Well wishes!)
        Thanks, MITZE. I miss hanging out with you guys, I'll try to be back at some point.

Don't worry too much, if my health had taken a sudden turn for the worse I'd have been sure to update Frog on github
        Last edited by Sideways; April 4, 2021, 23:36.
        The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

I noticed these while playing THRALL-MODE Lucky Android Yeqrezh Disciple (i.e. Y'Android Disciple) on the latest FCPB nightly on angband.live. Yes, I 've been playing very specifically THRALL-MODE Yeqrezh Androids *a lot* since last week because they are actually very suitable to my extreme rapid level up playstyle:

1) I can't tell if my Android's hunger is affected by Regen or Slow Digestion equipment. When either are equipped, hunger status seems unchanged. Or maybe Androids have prema-slow digestion at a certain permanent level that cannot be changed?

2) Many of my Y'Androids can ?often cast spells via 'm' while Nervous or Scared....Is it because I passed the fear check while fighting a certain dlvl monster vs my current CHR, or something?

3) When I equip something that boosts my clvl to clvl 10 for example and yet lowers my INT to < 8, Yeqrezh still lets me choose a spell. If INT is already < 8, maybe that shouldn't be allowed?

4) Also, the Rod of Detection also detects invisible monsters when I don't have See Invisible or Infravision. I don't know if applies to Yeqrezh's mid-late game "Detection". Androids don't have See Invisible or Infravision at game start.

5) I noticed that Biketal spawns in Thrall Mode's R'lyeh even if Iketa is not dead yet.

6) When Yeqrezh offers the spell choices for the 'm' key, there should be a yes or no prompt after making the choice. Otherwise, if you make the wrong spell choice, then too bad.

7) Rfe: Chardumps should include the Disciple's spell list. Currently, they don't.
          Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; April 12, 2021, 00:04. Reason: To make it clear I've been playing THRALL Yeqrezh Androids and more issues before I forget

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

Comment

• emulord
            Adept
            • Oct 2009

Quick question: Do rings of Wizardry affect Magic Eaters?

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

More questions before I forget:

1) Android Rune-Knight Runes are supposed to increase the Android clvl right? Similar concept with rebuilt equip for Weaponsmiths, right? Even though someone else will tell me go check the code, I'm more interested if those intentions for the Android are correct or not. In these two cases, I'm playing Thrall mode.

2) I noticed that artifacts can get destroyed by Scrolls of Destruction. (Probably applies to Staves and Spells of Destruction or Earthquakes, too.) Since when did this happen?

3) When I play Androids, I notice they don't have the Aggravation flag field at all...am I missing something? Example: Terror Mask gives no aggravation when I play Android Y-Disciples....
              Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; April 12, 2021, 00:03. Reason: More questions

Comment

• Sideways
                Knight
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by emulord
                Quick question: Do rings of Wizardry affect Magic Eaters?
                Some of their common attributes like Es and Dm have no effect on a Magic-Eater, but there's nothing specific to rings of Wizardry that would make them not affect Magic-Eaters at all.

Spell damage bonuses have no effect on a Magic-Eater's devices, but can potentially affect other things like mutation power damage.

Comment

• Sideways
                  Knight
                  • Nov 2008

1) I can't tell if my Android's hunger is affected by Regen or Slow Digestion equipment. When either are equipped, hunger status seems unchanged. Or maybe Androids have prema-slow digestion at a certain permanent level that cannot be changed?
                  Androids have innate Slow Digestion, which means Sd equipment has no effect (since Sd doesn't stack). Regeneration affects Androids and their food consumption the same way as everybody else.

2) Many of my Y'Androids can ?often cast spells via 'm' while Nervous or Scared....Is it because I passed the fear check while fighting a certain dlvl monster vs my current CHR, or something?
                  It's just the normal frightened spell-casting check, which calls the standard fear save with your fear level as the monster level.

3) When I equip something that boosts my clvl to clvl 10 for example and yet lowers my INT to < 8, Yeqrezh still lets me choose a spell. If INT is already < 8, maybe that shouldn't be allowed?
                  Yeqrezh gives you one spell every 2 levels, INT has nothing to do with it. INT only affects your fail rates and mana pool.

4) Also, the Rod of Detection also detects invisible monsters when I don't have See Invisible or Infravision.
                  That's the whole point, just as with scrolls of Detect Invisible and any number of other tools for detecting invisible stuff.

5) I noticed that Biketal spawns in Thrall Mode's R'lyeh even if Iketa is not dead yet.
                  There is and never has been any mechanic in the game that would prevent Biketal from spawning before Iketa. It's even entirely possible for Biketal and Iketa to spawn on the same level.

6) When Yeqrezh offers the spell choices for the 'm' key, there should be a yes or no prompt after making the choice. Otherwise, if you make the wrong spell choice, then too bad.
                  Sounds reasonable, though it's already very hard to pick spells unintentionally just by spamming keys.

7) Rfe: Chardumps should include the Disciple's spell list.
                  They already do, it's always been included.

More questions before I forget:

1) Android Rune-Knight Runes are supposed to increase the Android clvl right? Similar concept with rebuilt equip for Weaponsmiths, right?
                  Right.

2) I noticed that artifacts can get destroyed by Scrolls of Destruction. (Probably applies to Staves and Spells of Destruction or Earthquakes, too.) Since when did this happen?
                  Hengband. (It also happened in early Angband, but was changed in later versions.)

3) When I play Androids, I notice they don't have the Aggravation flag field at all...am I missing something?
                  You are missing the Aggravation flag field.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

Troika weapons can spawn regardless of whether you serve the Troika or not, right? I've played an Android Yeqrezh Disciple that spawned a Troika weapon via *Acquirement*

Comment

• Sideways
                      Knight
                      • Nov 2008

Troika weapons can spawn regardless of whether you serve the Troika or not, right? I've played an Android Yeqrezh Disciple that spawned a Troika weapon via *Acquirement*
                      They can spawn, but they're very rare, even after I lowered the rarity in the nightly.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

I noticed that (Dwarven) body armor can have Stealth bonus. Is this intentional? If yes, why? I thought Dwarves are known for being unstealthy

Also, 'Dasai', while 'terrible', it does not have a curse that sticks to the player...by default...?
                        Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; April 23, 2021, 02:40.

Comment

• Sideways
                          Knight
                          • Nov 2008

I noticed that (Dwarven) body armor can have Stealth bonus. Is this intentional? If yes, why? I thought Dwarves are known for being unstealthy
                          Dwarves were master craftsmen, and while they themselves were unstealthy that wasn't necessarily because of their body armor. Remember that Bilbo's mithril chain mail (which gives +2 Stealth) was dwarven-made.

That said, -Stealth isn't unusual on Dwarven body armor either.

Also, 'Dasai', while 'terrible', it does not have a curse that sticks to the player...by default...?
                          I think that's because a_info.txt specifies Dasai as having a cost of 0. (The cost values as specified in a_info.txt are now almost completely obsolete; causing a few additional artifacts to pseudo-ID as terrible is their only remaining effect.)

Comment

• Thraalbee
                            Knight
                            • Sep 2010

Is there a way for a berserker to take off a perma cursed item? town people won't read a mundanity for me...

Comment

• Sideways
                              Knight
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Thraalbee
                              Is there a way for a berserker to take off a perma cursed item? town people won't read a mundanity for me...
                              Don't think so. My intuition was that having the item blasted by a chaos patron might help, but it seems that doesn't remove the perma-curse.

Comment

• Thraalbee
                                Knight
                                • Sep 2010

It would be so nice if you could pay a scribe a stupid amount of gold to read a scroll for you. But then again, Berserkers are just that, and this would be a deviation from a rather pure (and successful) design

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎