• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideways
    Knight
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
    This needs clarification:
    Does dispel player mimicry, i.e. Player Mimic mimick, causes a game turn loss? I recall someone else saying this is true, but can't remember who.
    Game turn probably isn't the term you're looking for here, but in any case the answer is no.
    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

Found a bug specific to Thrall Mode (found in Liquorice, Salmiak, and nightly):
      On game-start, there's a single random ASCII character of a random color, e.g. tan ?, at the far bottom-right corner of the screen. It's not always there. On angband.live, It's reproducible when I get killed and then quick start via birth screens. It disappears when I use Ctrl-r. I have no idea of its significance. I don't know if offline play is affected.

To Sideways/rodent -- I think I figured out what was causing this....It's caused by setting angband.live's subwindow right cols = 1. I don't what this has to do with anything, but there it is. Setting this value to 0 'fixes' it.
      Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; July 5, 2021, 02:06.
      My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Sideways
        Knight
        • Nov 2008

Thanks. I'll need to look into which specific subwindows can trigger this issue, and disable them if their width equals 1.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Rfe: Changing squeaky voice mutation description to, "Your face is rearranged!" while keeping the -4 CHR penalty! If not, I'll at least make this a part of Hugoband and make the CHR penalty steeper and/or add the opposite of reassuring image projection!

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

Comment

• Bucephalus
            Apprentice
            • Jul 2016

The help file for pets claims that they will not ever betray you. Pets have a chance of betraying you if you're suitably awful to them, which should be common sense, but isn't.

Beastmasters should probably start the game with full monster info.

Comment

• Bucephalus
              Apprentice
              • Jul 2016

The help file for pets says that they won't ever betray you. They will if you're suitably awful to them.

Beastmasters should probably start the game with full monster info.

Necromancers should probably be able to master shovel.

Comment

• Sideways
                Knight
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Bucephalus
                The help file for pets says that they won't ever betray you. They will if you're suitably awful to them.
                Where does it say that? I don't see that in either the salmiak help or the nightly help; on the contrary, they explicitly explain that pets require upkeep and may disappear or turn hostile if neglected too badly.

Comment

• Bucephalus
                  Apprentice
                  • Jul 2016

Verbatim, from Help: Pets: What could be nicer than a loyal pet? People sometimes worry their pets will trample them underfoot;

They will, and given the chance, they will remorselessly grind your bones into dust.

Originally posted by Sideways
                  Where does it say that? I don't see that in either the salmiak help or the nightly help; on the contrary, they explicitly explain that pets require upkeep and may disappear or turn hostile if neglected too badly.

Comment

• wobbly
                    Prophet
                    • May 2012

Temporary brand damage from craft magic isn't displaying on the character sheet for melee. It seems to display just fine on a shooter.

Comment

• AwooWolfWoof
                      Rookie
                      • Apr 2021

Does artifact reforging reroll an artifact's stats/effects guys? And what is the use of max power in reforging? And does it cost gold?

I've been playing in coffee-break for a while but I really haven't tried it since most of my runs get cut short in the late 30's to early 40's. Finally got a berserker to DLVL 54 though so I'm pretty happy with that x)
                      Last edited by AwooWolfWoof; July 30, 2021, 01:13.

Comment

• Sideways
                        Knight
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by AwooWolfWoof
                        Does artifact reforging reroll an artifact's stats/effects guys? And what is the use of max power in reforging? And does it cost gold?
                        Reforging is pretty expensive. The max reforging power (determined by your fame) indicates how high-scoring an object you can use as the source item. Reforging does not keep any of the stats or bonuses of the source item, but does keep those on the destination item (note though that the destination item cannot already be an artifact or ego).

See the in-game FAQ (?d) for more details.

Comment

• GrimaTheBold
                          Apprentice
                          • Jan 2020

Quick question - how does Device skill impact damage from devices, if at all? When I look at the damage of (for example) a wand of magic missile, it seems the damage doesn't change regardless of my device skill (for example, taking on and off gloves with a device skill bonus). Does the damage really not change? Or does it change, it just doesn't reflect in the damage shown when you examine the item?

Comment

• wobbly
                            Prophet
                            • May 2012

Small request, when you dismiss pets and it's says "x pets dismissed", it'd be nice to get the new upkeep value. It'd also be handy to have some way to tell which pets are hasted. Currently I have to stick numbers on hounds and spiders to tell them apart.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

AFAIK, impact damage is predetermined when the magical device is generated and probably based on dlvl. Once generated, there is no way to increase impact damage.

Comment

• Sideways
                                Knight
                                • Nov 2008

Device skill has no effect on the damage or power level of a device. It is determined when the item is generated, and can only be improved by race/class specialities, super-rare +DevicePower egos and the Device Mastery spell.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎