Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thraalbee
    Knight
    • Sep 2010

I am trying possessor for the first time. When inspecting an Anti-paladin corpse, the score says L22 but when I try to possess the body it says I need L33 and I can only do L25 now. Is this a bug or is it just me not understanding the mechanisms for this? Also, the csv-file for monster bodies doesn't help as much as I had hoped.

Comment

• Thraalbee
      Knight
      • Sep 2010

Crash bug (hang)

Possessing Mordred. Trying with dual Shields. First melee attack freezes the game. Reproducable

Comment

• Sideways
        Knight
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Thraalbee
        I am trying possessor for the first time. When inspecting an Anti-paladin corpse, the score says L22 but when I try to possess the body it says I need L33 and I can only do L25 now. Is this a bug or is it just me not understanding the mechanisms for this? Also, the csv-file for monster bodies doesn't help as much as I had hoped.
        I suspect the "L22" you're looking at just indicates the object level the corpse dropped at (which will likely be the same as the dungeon level), and has nothing to do with Possessors.

Possessing Mordred. Trying with dual Shields. First melee attack freezes the game.
        Thanks, will look into it.
        The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
          Swordsman
          • Feb 2009

Just started a new Ninja, the Thieves' Hideout reward first gave me a smile and then made me want to cry. Too damned many egos give light...

-Dagger (Armageddon) (3D6) (+7,+9) {Lu|FS}

So, now the option is to give up stealth or sell it... /sigh

edit: and now the Robe Keeper of Darkness [2,+14] with its Aura of fire light that persists even after I took it off lol
          Last edited by CyclopsSlayer; September 13, 2020, 17:22.

Comment

• Thraalbee
            Knight
            • Sep 2010

This one might be of help. Never saw that before.
            Code:
            The Midnight Dragon Scale Mail (+4,+4) [40,+20] {AcDk;Ds|A A:Breathe Acid}
            It has zero weight!

Comment

• Thraalbee
              Knight
              • Sep 2010

Startup crash bug

Switching from my triple screen setup to the laptop made it impossible to start frogcomposband.exe (windows). The culprit is the PositionX that worked in the multi-display setting
              Code:
              Maximized=0
              PositionX=6453
              PositionY=0
              [Term-1]

Comment

• budswell
                Adept
                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by budswell
                Found my first ever Wild weapon (never heard of or seen one before)
                So the "Wild Weapon" is in there like a special attribute or something.
                What does it actually mean?
                Use it and see! A bit like chaos branded but more ... wild
                Wow. Wild is a good name.

So that character died without using it. But the next char also found one really early (from never to two in a row). He's a leprechaun so shouldn't be meeleeing, but I hit an orc and got +99 speed. Hard to not want to keep trying that.
                Only happenned the once though, mostly get the "eyeEye" effect (whatever that is) and telepathy, occasionally some beserk.
                http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-browse.php?e=budswell
                http://te4.org/user/1471/characters

Comment

• lea2501
                  Apprentice
                  • Dec 2019

Are any other differences between normal, coffe-break and instant coffe-break appart of no wilderness, and size of levels, etc? i mean more like gameplay/items/monster behaviour or placement differences? i've tried coffe-break and i knew it has also quest, fewer, but has some, but i've not found yet any gameplay/item/monster difference appart from some uniques being in the angband dungeon and not their normal quest dungeons for example. How instant coffe-break compares to that?

Comment

• Sideways
                    Knight
                    • Nov 2008

The differences between normal mode, coffee-break mode and instant-coffee mode are explained in various places in the help, most comprehensively at ?bk, so have a look there. There is some additional detail in the FAQ, starting at line 55.

Comment

• lea2501
                      Apprentice
                      • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Sideways
                      The differences between normal mode, coffee-break mode and instant-coffee mode are explained in various places in the help, most comprehensively at ?bk, so have a look there. There is some additional detail in the FAQ, starting at line 55.
                      thank you so much!

Comment

• Thraalbee
                        Knight
                        • Sep 2010

New stuff!

I am I the only one amazed by all the new content in this release? Monsters, dungeons, gods, items ... I'm currently posessing The Wicked Witch of the South-East after raiding Oz and the top indian mythos uniques look very interesting for a possessor and ... so much great stuff in this release!
                        A big thanks to you Sideways!

Comment

• Thraalbee
                          Knight
                          • Sep 2010

Wizardstaff?

A plain unenchanted wizardstaff is still quite valuable although it, like all others I've found in this version, lacks both Es and Dm. I find this confusing, is there any benefit for a spellcaster to wield a wizardstaff these days?

Comment

• Sideways
                            Knight
                            • Nov 2008

A plain unenchanted wizardstaff is still quite valuable although it, like all others I've found in this version, lacks both Es and Dm. I find this confusing, is there any benefit for a spellcaster to wield a wizardstaff these days?
                            Wizardstaves have Dm, it just isn't indicated for characters who don't get any benefits from it; seeing the Es/Dm flags on items that didn't actually help a character in any way was even more confusing than the current situation, especially for classes who could use Es/Dm but only if they got them from a special class item.

The object valuation algorithm can see the hidden Dm, and scores the wizardstaff accordingly.

Comment

• Thraalbee
                              Knight
                              • Sep 2010

Thanks! I thought while posessing eg Saruman I would benefit but it seems not

Comment

• Thraalbee
                                Knight
                                • Sep 2010

Unlimited Heal Self on Grand Inquisitor

when possessing Grand Inquisitor it has no SP. Heal Self costs 55 but heals 250 so effectively you get unlimited 250 hp healing as long has he is above 54 hp when casting. Nice! Intented?
                                (Edit: net 195 hp);
                                Last edited by Thraalbee; September 25, 2020, 17:07.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎