X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideways
    Knight
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by NotCIAAgent
    I meant if there's a file where I can see the actual code for the individual weapons, akin to the files where I can see the code for the individual classes (for example, weaponmaster.c, in the directory I already mentioned). Also thanks for your explanation regarding light weapons, specially how the Sneaky personality treats them.
    There's lib/edit/k_info.txt for the weapon kinds, lib/edit/e_info.txt for ego-item types (including ego weapons) and lib/edit/a_info.txt for standard artifacts (including weapons). There's very little code for specific items as opposed to code for treating the attributes of those items, since items are mostly defined entirely by their attributes. Death scythes and rune swords and poison needles have some special code here and there, and a small number of artifacts also have specific code for unusual effects. Such special code isn't organized in any one place, but stuff that affects combat in unusual ways is largely in cmd1.c while stuff that affects stats in unusual ways is in xtra1.c.
    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• arch
      Rookie
      • Aug 2020

Originally posted by lea2501
      I need help compiling and running under arch linux, wanted to try again to compile and run but now im getting the following error with the following commands:

$ sh autogen.sh
      $ ./configure
      $ make clean
      $ make
      $ ./src/frogcomposband -ufrog -mgcu -- -n1
      ./src/frogcomposband: Fatal Error.
      You have built the game. Now you need to install it too:

Code:
      sudo make install
      But I'd add a --prefix $HOME/game to configure, so the game installs in $HOME/game and you don't need root to install it.

Comment

• lea2501
        Apprentice
        • Dec 2019

Originally posted by arch

Code:
        sudo make install
        But I'd add a --prefix $HOME/game to configure, so the game installs in $HOME/game and you don't need root to install it.
        Ah! so i could do a:

Code:
        ./configure --prefix $HOME/.frogcomposband
        so it didn't use my $HOME/.angband directory right?

thank you!

Comment

• lea2501
          Apprentice
          • Dec 2019

Originally posted by arch

Code:
          sudo make install
          thank you so much! it now works and is installed in my home directory! thank you!

Comment

• budswell
            Adept
            • Jun 2008

Found my first ever Wild weapon (never heard of or seen one before). In item description it says:
            Code:
            Wild Weapon
            Resist Dark, Sound
            Free Action
            Score 14.9k (L31)
            So the "Wild Weapon" is in there like a special attribute or something.
            What does it actually mean?
            Last edited by budswell; September 2, 2020, 23:38.
            http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-browse.php?e=budswell
            http://te4.org/user/1471/characters

Comment

• Thraalbee
              Knight
              • Sep 2010

Use it and see! A bit like chaos branded but more ... wild

Comment

• lea2501
                Apprentice
                • Dec 2019

I'm failing to find a source to read about the "Score" the weapons has, like, coming from vanilla angband, im confused on not seeing the average damage a weapon does, and the amount of attacks i could give in a giving turn.

Comment

• Sideways
                  Knight
                  • Nov 2008

I'm failing to find a source to read about the "Score" the weapons has, like, coming from vanilla angband, im confused on not seeing the average damage a weapon does, and the amount of attacks i could give in a giving turn.
                  Your average damage per round and blows per round with your current weapon(s) are shown on your Character Sheet (press Cm) as well as in the Knowledge Menu (~W). The "score" of a weapon (or any other item) is simply its nominal value; it matters if you sell or buy or reforge or insure or alchemize it, and is a rough indicator of how good the item is, but the highest-scoring item isn't always the best fit for your equipment.

Comment

• lea2501
                    Apprentice
                    • Dec 2019

ah thank you so much for that! another thing im not finding, its a way to move the stats to the left instead of the right, i played angband for so long that its so difficult to get used to it being on the right, also i play both games and i would want both having the stats on the left, its there a way to do so?

Comment

• Sideways
                      Knight
                      • Nov 2008

ah thank you so much for that! another thing im not finding, its a way to move the stats to the left instead of the right, i played angband for so long that its so difficult to get used to it being on the right, also i play both games and i would want both having the stats on the left, its there a way to do so?
                      No; the stats can't be on the left in FrogComposband because there are multiple message lines, and if the stat sidebar were on the left it would get overwritten by messages all the time. (Message lines starting to the side would solve this problem, of course, but they would also look extremely ugly.) Vanilla Angband only has a single message line, which occupies the otherwise empty top row, so it can place the stat sidebar wherever it wants.

Comment

• lea2501
                        Apprentice
                        • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Sideways
                        No; the stats can't be on the left in FrogComposband because there are multiple message lines, and if the stat sidebar were on the left it would get overwritten by messages all the time. (Message lines starting to the side would solve this problem, of course, but they would also look extremely ugly.) Vanilla Angband only has a single message line, which occupies the otherwise empty top row, so it can place the stat sidebar wherever it wants.
                        ah! thank you for that, i just starting a few days back to play FrogComposBand and im enjoying it so much, that that will not be a problem after a while i think.

im playing a chaos high-mage, and i love the option of coffe-break, with no wilderness, i will try that when my current character die.

I saw that the first dungeon close to the town is called Warrens, its not "Angband" from vanilla angband, right?

Comment

• Sideways
                          Knight
                          • Nov 2008

ah! thank you for that, i just starting a few days back to play FrogComposBand and im enjoying it so much, that that will not be a problem after a while i think.

im playing a chaos high-mage, and i love the option of coffe-break, with no wilderness, i will try that when my current character die.

I saw that the first dungeon close to the town is called Warrens, its not "Angband" from vanilla angband, right?
                          No, Warrens is the smallest and easiest dungeon. The dungeon of Angband, where Oberon and the Serpent of Chaos lurk, is northeast of Morivant (you can refer to the map at ?ag, where it's highlighted, if you have trouble locating it on the normal overworld map).

In coffee-break mode Angband is the only dungeon.

Comment

• lea2501
                            Apprentice
                            • Dec 2019

No, Warrens is the smallest and easiest dungeon. The dungeon of Angband, where Oberon and the Serpent of Chaos lurk, is northeast of Morivant (you can refer to the map at ?ag, where it's highlighted, if you have trouble locating it on the normal overworld map).

In coffee-break mode Angband is the only dungeon.
                            So far im loving also the fact that different down stairs, lead to different dungeons branches, in vanilla angband all down stairs lead to the same dungeon and are not permanent if you go back. Its very different and also very nice.

Other question, the latest Frog version is based in which vanilla version?

Comment

• Sideways
                              Knight
                              • Nov 2008

So far im loving also the fact that different down stairs, lead to different dungeons branches, in vanilla angband all down stairs lead to the same dungeon and are not permanent if you go back. Its very different and also very nice.

Other question, the latest Frog version is based in which vanilla version?
                              I believe ZAngband 2.0.0, the direct ancestor of Frog, was forked from Vanilla Angband 2.8.1; so all versions of FrogComposband (and Composband and PosChengband and Chengband and Hengband, and ZAngband from 2.0.0 up) are ultimately based on V 2.8.1. Of course, they have come quite a long way since then...

Comment

• lea2501
                                Apprentice
                                • Dec 2019

I believe ZAngband 2.0.0, the direct ancestor of Frog, was forked from Vanilla Angband 2.8.1; so all versions of FrogComposband (and Composband and PosChengband and Chengband and Hengband, and ZAngband from 2.0.0 up) are ultimately based on V 2.8.1. Of course, they have come quite a long way since then...
                                Wow now i understand so many differences from say current vanilla, so they have splitted a lot now for sure

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎