X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MITZE
    Swordsman
    • Jan 2017

Bugs/Crash: Mimics and Banor=Rupert

Mimics mimicking Banor=Rupert, using his Something Weird, immediately cause a game crash. I have a feeling there are similar instances for other monsters and possibly powers, but I don't conclusively know what those might be.

Tangentially for Mimics, spell cost and effect power for various monster spells aren't displayed for the player.

EDIT: Bug courtesy of bostock.
    Last edited by MITZE; January 11, 2023, 17:19. Reason: Added a credit.
    Everything you need to know about my roguelike playstyle:

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Comment

• Gokudera ElPsyCongroo
      Rookie
      • Jan 2022

Skill notifications on level up

Is there a way/option to be notified when learning new spells and powers on level up?

Comment

• MITZE
        Swordsman
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Gokudera ElPsyCongroo
        Is there a way/option to be notified when learning new spells and powers on level up?
        For spells, not strictly, but you can check ~s, ~x, or browse books to see what levels spells are, and use that in conjunction with spell studies (which if available are diplayed on the main screen in the sidebar) to know when you learn a new spell (but only for books you already have or have learned from, I think).

For powers, there's an option to spoil future powers that aren't yet available to you in the powers menu.

Comment

• Gokudera ElPsyCongroo
          Rookie
          • Jan 2022

Originally posted by MITZE
          For spells, not strictly, but you can check ~s, ~x, or browse books to see what levels spells are
          Thank you. I thought it was a bug with my config at first. This ~ menu slaps, quite too bad it doesn't highlight recent changes (~x info as a Death Sword for example) but it's very useful

Comment

• MITZE
            Swordsman
            • Jan 2017

Bug: Reading ?ArtifactCreation and Keeping It (on a non-Scrollmaster)

[11:49] Incitatus: if you read ?art creation, and close the game window before you name it, you keep the artifact and the scroll
            [11:49] LucyFurr: Awesome exploit.
            [11:49] MITZE: What's the art named though
            [11:50] MITZE: if you do that
            [11:50] Incitatus: it's an artifact but it has no name, and doesn't "count" against artifacts created, or even ?art creation read

Comment

• MITZE
              Swordsman
              • Jan 2017

Bug: Character Sheet SP Regen

SP Regen on the character sheet claims to be a non-zero percentage even in cases of classes that explicitly don't regen SP—like Rage-Mages.

Comment

• MITZE
                Swordsman
                • Jan 2017

New Player's Intro to Oz

[19:28] geraldine: wh
                [19:28] geraldine: is the oz dungeon just like
                [19:28] geraldine: australia
                [19:28] geraldine: ?????????
                [19:28] Enceladus: Wizard of Oz.
                [19:28] MITZE: but also Australia
                [19:29] MITZE: probably one or two other things as well
                [19:29] MITZE: There's a bunch of fucked up things there
                [19:29] geraldine: i was gonna say there are some things here that were NOT in wizard of oz
                [19:29] geraldine: i hate this place
                [19:29] MITZE: I'm pretty sure rodent's intention was to make people say that, yes
                [19:30] Zabutor: yeah I usually wait until I'm a pretty high level and just dive to the bottom and kill the witch
                [19:30] MITZE: So uh
                [19:30] MITZE: have you seen what fire does here yet
                [19:30] geraldine: oh yes
                [19:30] geraldine: very first screen
                [19:30] MITZE: *slits wrists*
                [19:30] geraldine: started running lmaooooooo
                [19:31] geraldine: absolute nightmare

Comment

• Rudiment
                  Scout
                  • Aug 2017

Playing as Draconian Berserker. I am on the way to lvl 35 so there is question about two dragon powers: Regeneration and Summon Kin.
                  1. Regeneration. How strong is effect of this power? For example current regeneration rate is 200 % and with this power will it become 300 % or 400 % or maybe even higher?
                  2. Summon Kin. Which dragons will this power summon? Is it just young or acient one?

Comment

• Sideways
                    Knight
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Rudiment
                    Playing as Draconian Berserker. I am on the way to lvl 35 so there is question about two dragon powers: Regeneration and Summon Kin.
                    1. Regeneration. How strong is effect of this power? For example current regeneration rate is 200 % and with this power will it become 300 % or 400 % or maybe even higher?
                    2. Summon Kin. Which dragons will this power summon? Is it just young or acient one?
                    Summon Kin will summon pet young and mature dragons up to CL 39, and pet ancient dragons from CL 40 on. It's based on both the player's level and the dungeon level; at endgame depths you can get major wyrms with some luck.

The Regeneration power gives a flat bonus of 150 percentage points; so your current regeneration rate would become 350% with it.
                    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• Rudiment
                      Scout
                      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Sideways
                      Summon Kin will summon pet young and mature dragons up to CL 39, and pet ancient dragons from CL 40 on. It's based on both the player's level and the dungeon level; at endgame depths you can get major wyrms with some luck.

The Regeneration power gives a flat bonus of 150 percentage points; so your current regeneration rate would become 350% with it.
                      Ok. Thank you. Is quality of loot depends solely on dungeon level and monster power or there are some other factors involved?

Comment

• MITZE
                        Swordsman
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Rudiment
                        Ok. Thank you. Is quality of loot depends solely on dungeon level and monster power or there are some other factors involved?
                        DL, monsters have a specific quality of drops (treasures and good/exceptional/objects), some dungeons have a bonus to loot generated in them (but those are mostly endgame or pantheon dungeons), Lucky personality/White Aura mutation gives a slight boost to drop quality/ratios...there's probably a few more I'm forgetting.

Comment

• lea2501
                          Apprentice
                          • Dec 2019

Originally posted by lea2501
                          It managed to compile like this:
                          Code:
                          $ ./configure --prefix $HOME/.frogcomposband --with-ncurses-prefix=/usr LIBS=-lncurses --without-x --with-no-install CFLAGS="-DSGI -DULTRIX"
                          But then i get this (new) error:
                          Code:
                          x ~/src/frogcomposband [master]
                          lea@openbsd > ./src/frogcomposband -uUser
                          ./src/frogcomposband: Fatal Error.
                          Hi! just got urges to play frogcomposband again under OpenBSD and i finally managed to get it to work...

i have put an updated "installation/updater" script in my repo now here: https://notabug.org/lea2501/scripts/...composband.ksh

First clone the repo
                          $ mkdir -p ~/src && cd ~/src && git clone https://github.com/sulkasormi/frogcomposband.git && cd ~/src/frogcomposband

To install it you need:
                          $ doas pkg_add automake autoconf gcc gmake

After cloning, to compile run:
                          $ export AUTOMAKE_VERSION=1.16 # <- (version without minor number 1.16.5 > 1.16)
                          $ export AUTOCONF_VERSION=2.69 # <- (version without minor number 2.69p3 > 2.69)
                          $ sh autogen.sh
                          $ chmod +x configure
                          $ ./configure --prefix "$HOME"/.frogcomposband --with-ncurses-prefix=/usr --without-x --with-no-install CFLAGS="-DSGI -DULTRIX" LIBS=-lncurses
                          $ gmake clean
                          $ gmake

And finally, to play:
                          $ ~/src/frogcomposband/src/frogcomposband -uUser -mgcu -- -n1
                          Last edited by lea2501; March 19, 2023, 10:49. Reason: fixing typo in run/play command

Comment

• wobbly
                            Prophet
                            • May 2012

I sank through the floor casting tele level in a random sea dungeon and it creates a normal level with no stairs.

Comment

• MITZE
                              Swordsman
                              • Jan 2017

Bug: Device-Eating Races

There seems to be a bug with device-eating races, where you can sometimes eat and get nourishment from a device with zero charges . . . I suspect what's going on is that you can eat from a device if it has more than zero mana, even if the mana it has isn't enough for a charge.

Comment

• Thraalbee
                                Knight
                                • Sep 2010

Lucky negotiation

My rogue went to the Micro$oft quest without -stone to mud and failed to break the stone door to the boss. I searched my inventory and the level for anything that could help but there was nothing. I tried the tele to-spell, but it required line of sight. I tried phase and tele but the room is icky. Finally I went through all the spells and ended up trying negotiate, and lo and behold!
                                Evidently Bull heard me through the stones, after a few attempts I managed to buy him over for a reasonable amount of gold and the quest was completed

As a bonus he teleported out of the vault to greet me. Mistake. I reneged on the deal.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎