• Jun 2012

Originally posted by Gwarl
      I think we need MochtFrogComposband
      First commit will be "remove ALL punctuation from the end of messages"

Comment

• Gwarl
        Administrator
        • Jan 2017

Better drops were always the reason to pick lucky.

As your first step, go into /lib/edit/k_info.txt, read what the A lines mean, ctrl+f for berserk strength, and change the number to make them slightly less rare.

After that, have fun!

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Mocht
          What I meant was are lucky characters luckier since their life rating changed to 98%, I played lucky characters before the life rating reduction and noticed no difference, I am noticing a big difference this character
          A 2% difference in life rating is pretty negligible; it means that your base HP before CON gains is 2% lower than the average. If you would normally have 400 base HP at level 50, then instead you have 392.

Comment

• TauzentBlitz
            Scout
            • May 2018

Is there any way to save window options globally? It's rather annoying having to set those up again every time I start a new character, and I can't seem to find the option in the menu to save preferences.

Comment

• Gwarl
              Administrator
              • Jan 2017

Those are stored in savefiles. Stop creating new savefiles, you're missing out on stuff like quickstart, persistent monster memory, and metagame ID

Comment

• TauzentBlitz
                Scout
                • May 2018

Makes sense. I was using different save files for different classes so I could have different macro sets, but I guess I could just save/load those manually.

Comment

• Gwarl
                  Administrator
                  • Jan 2017

You can rename your character without making a different savefile. On load, the game automatically loads any .prf file with a name matching your character's name. So you can save mage.prf or warrior.prf and that will load for any character named mage, or warrior.

This regardless of which savefile you use. Anything that goes in a .prf file can be accessed by any of your savefiles, but game options don't fall into this category and go in savefiles instead.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
                    Swordsman
                    • Feb 2009

Not Frog/Com/Pos specific,

I have a problem with secondary windows not saving their settings properly. I have three side windows (1920x1080) Items, Monster Info, Messages. Every time I reopen the games the windows have shrunk. To avoid text clipping I have to resize them each time. Items, frex, won't show the last line unless I expand the window down. They maintain position X, Y, but they lose height and width.

Since text scrolls up, for messages, it means the 'current' message is often clipped unless I resize the window.

White squiggles on the right are the areas that used to be covered by the window
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by CyclopsSlayer; May 6, 2018, 17:12.

Comment

• TauzentBlitz
                      Scout
                      • May 2018

How do monster evolutions work? I've been playing as a Ring and occasionally the person I'm using will suddenly upgrade to a more powerful form... Is there any way to tell how to do this or if they can?

Also, if they use phase door or some sort of teleport you end up with one of those annoying copies that share damage bug. For just the monster, not you fortunately... I've made sure to turn of pet teleporting first thing in every game.
                      Last edited by TauzentBlitz; May 11, 2018, 13:41.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
                        Swordsman
                        • Feb 2009

Maulers receive a long sword for completing the thieves quest, I think that is a bug
                        This is probably in line with the "Trouble at Home" quest awarding 'Hard Leather' to everyone, Monks and Ninjas have weight limits, and Monks get trashed for anything in the chest slot until late game.

BTW, the talk of Mindcrafters made me start one. The Thieves' Hideout reward was unbelievably powerful at L3. The RNG must have gotten stuck.

Long Sword (Death) (2d6) (+3,+7) {PO;Hl|PV Activates:Terrify Monster}

A Vampiric Vipers Fang has made it almost easy mode.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
                          Swordsman
                          • Feb 2009

Never actually played a Psion. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

• Sideways
                            Knight
                            • Nov 2008

I've found some bugs:
                            • I changed it so that my character received the helm of Ares as a quest reward and the character sheet did not register that an artifact had been found
                            • When choosing a subrace for a golem monster character it says "press shift-a for more info on this subrace": shift-a does nothing
                            Thanks, confirmed, will be fixed in the next release.

The Orc Camp reward will be changed to a staff of enlightenment (not just for maulers but for everybody, apart from a few exceptions).
                            The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• CyclopsSlayer
                              Swordsman
                              • Feb 2009

With psions you need to decide in advance which skills to choose, the skills are given here:
                              http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showpos...&postcount=112
                              Thanks! Picking 8 out of 24 and balancing them for utility at level gained seems to make this a very advanced class. As complex as a Skillmaster if not even more so.

Comment

• Bostock
                                Swordsman
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
                                Thanks! Picking 8 out of 24 and balancing them for utility at level gained seems to make this a very advanced class. As complex as a Skillmaster if not even more so.
                                My experience with them was that the complexity, or at least the difficulty, is front-loaded - once you gain access to the really powerful abilities that become available in the mid-game, they take off like a rocket.
                                So you ride yourselves over the fields and you make all your animal deals and your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎