• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cold_Heart
    Adept
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by HugoTheGreat2011
    Yet another suggestion (and I'm losing track):
    Ring characters should have a counter in the chardump reflecting spell usage.
    Maybe poschengband could use an issue tracker for bugs/wishlists/etc. Could use one github provides too I think.

Here https://github.com/poschengband/poschengband/issues

Comment

• chris
      PosChengband Maintainer
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Cold_Heart
      Another minor annoyance - the option hilite_player ( "Hilite the player with the cursor" ) does not seem to work for me - the @ is always highlighted regardless of the state of the option.

In current vanilla (3.5.1) @ is not highlighted for me and I am looking for a way to achieve this in poscheng too.
      It took a few hours over several days for me to figure this one out. So either #define USE_CURS_SET before compiling, or simply remove the include guards as shown in the above diff and recompile.

Comment

• Cold_Heart
        Adept
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by chris
        It took a few hours over several days for me to figure this one out. So either #define USE_CURS_SET before compiling, or simply remove the include guards as shown in the above diff and recompile.
        Can confirm, it works. Thank you so much, constant highlight was incredibly annoying.

@'s quality of life has increased!

Comment

• debo
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Cold_Heart
          @'s quality of life has increased!
          That's racist!
          Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• krazyhades
            Swordsman
            • Jun 2013

Originally posted by debo
            That's racist!
            You're talking about a game where some races are literally just better than other races, and you can tell something's powers by its color.

Comment

• budswell
              Adept
              • Jun 2008

When playing a posessor you will probably need the yelow box. Otherwise how do you know which monster is you?

I first discovered that option in Tome2. If you put on a ring of invisibility you disappeared. So you had to play as a yellow box until you found see invisible. Kind of funny.
              http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-browse.php?e=budswell
              http://te4.org/user/1471/characters

Comment

• Cold_Heart
                Adept
                • Mar 2012

When I can't figure out where the hell am I on the screen, I press 'l' to get a temporary highlight .

Comment

• Arjen
                  Adept
                  • Dec 2010

Just saw a young Berserker on the ladder. While watching his dump i started to wonder why a Berserker has insane low Chr as charisma has a portion of fear build in the stat. Shouldn't Berserkers have a somewhat decent Chr as they would probably strike fear in the hearts of shopkeepers. If I were a shopkeeper I wouldn't try to rip off a Berserker, it sounds suicidal.

But the stat also inflicts fear on monsters when you are fighting them, so here it makes even less sense that a Demigod (Ares) Berserker has a lower chance to strike fear in a monster when fighting than lets say... a yeek Tourist... yeah... scary critters.

So the moral of the story, is the -20 Chr still legit for a Berserker?

Comment

• chris
                    PosChengband Maintainer
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Arjen
                    Just saw a young Berserker on the ladder. While watching his dump i started to wonder why a Berserker has insane low Chr as charisma has a portion of fear build in the stat. Shouldn't Berserkers have a somewhat decent Chr as they would probably strike fear in the hearts of shopkeepers. If I were a shopkeeper I wouldn't try to rip off a Berserker, it sounds suicidal.

But the stat also inflicts fear on monsters when you are fighting them, so here it makes even less sense that a Demigod (Ares) Berserker has a lower chance to strike fear in a monster when fighting than lets say... a yeek Tourist... yeah... scary critters.

So the moral of the story, is the -20 Chr still legit for a Berserker?
                    Probably not.

Berserkers are completely immune to fear, though. And Chr is also used for controlling pets and charming monsters, though without recourse to devices (e.g. wand of tame monster), I'm not sure it matters much. I'll put this on the list for next release.

Comment

• wobbly
                      Prophet
                      • May 2012

Not sure whether it's intentional or a bug but I was hitting my own pet when I tried to trade places while stunned.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Another suggestion:
                        Rage-mages should have a chardump section showing spells and usage stats
                        Last edited by HugoVirtuoso; May 21, 2015, 14:37.
                        My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• wobbly
                          Prophet
                          • May 2012

Was playing a Mauler today & noticed something odd, you can't 2-hand a shovel! I'm pretty sure 2 handed is how you actually swing a shovel at something. On a more serious note, why are there 2 entrys for Death Scythes in the weapon proficiency list with 2 different skill levels?

Comment

• wobbly
                            Prophet
                            • May 2012

A note on the mauler splatter sequence against pink horrors. A pink horror dies, then splits in to 2 blue horrors, then explodes killing the 2 blue horrors. I'm not sure this is how it should be but it's certainly amusing this way.

Comment

• Cold_Heart
                              Adept
                              • Mar 2012

In latest release (3.4.5), casting a gravity bolt sometimes produces this kind of visual artifact in GCU frontend - the lines to the right of where bolt/beam passes are blackened completely. Opening the inventory or otherwise forcing a redraw of those lines fixes the problem.

Screenshot after casting gravity bolt in bottom-left direction:

Comment

• krazyhades
                                Swordsman
                                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by wobbly
                                ...On a more serious note, why are there 2 entrys for Death Scythes in the weapon proficiency list with 2 different skill levels?
                                My only guess so far is that one is from the Death Scythe unique, but I've wondered this for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎