Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krazyhades
    Swordsman
    • Jun 2013

Ahh nice. I thought each attack got only one blow. That's much better. Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

• krazyhades
      Swordsman
      • Jun 2013

How does one know when to use !New Life? I've got a lategame human warrior at the moment. Str and Dex are maxed, so I'm just starting to save extra potions for post-NewLife. I'm really reluctant to actually use it because I think it will remove my fast movement mutation from being a human.

Comment

• Arjen
        Adept
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by krazyhades
        How does one know when to use !New Life? I've got a lategame human warrior at the moment. Str and Dex are maxed, so I'm just starting to save extra potions for post-NewLife. I'm really reluctant to actually use it because I think it will remove my fast movement mutation from being a human.
        Chosen power will never be removed under normal circumstances. But with a potion of Self Knowlegde you will learn your basic stats. On average they are 18/100 and can vary from 18/70 to 18/130. So check your primary stats. You also can see your liferate which is on average 100/100. Use potions of New Life if you don't like these stats.

Comment

• krazyhades
          Swordsman
          • Jun 2013

Thanks Arjen. I didn't know what the averages were, though I'd used !Self Knowledge before.

Doesn't matter now, sadly. My dude is dead. After a brief period of grief, I'll shortly start anew.

Comment

• Arjen
            Adept
            • Dec 2010

You can check your basic stats in '~' and then 'a'

Comment

• Arjen
              Adept
              • Dec 2010

Chris, I know you made a destroy all corpse below a certain lvl rule, but I can't figure it out. How do you put a level specific in the destroy corpse line?

Comment

• chris
                PosChengband Maintainer
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Arjen
                Chris, I know you made a destroy all corpse below a certain lvl rule, but I can't figure it out. How do you put a level specific in the destroy corpse line?
                For a possessor, I recommend:
                ~corpses more level than 16

The ~ says to leave the objects on the floor, but not to pick them up (and they are too heavy for autopick!). Of course, the 16 should be edited throughout the game to match you current needs. Place this line below the line for wanted corpses in your pickup preferences since lines are processed in order until the first match.

Corpses are normally destroyed by default (=6 for the 'EasyPicker' options and leave_corpse is off by default). If leave_corpse is on for whatever reason, you could setup your pref file like:

wanted corpses or skeletons#Wanted!k!k!k
                !corpses

HTH.

Comment

• debo
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

"autodestroyer haiku"
                  Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• Arjen
                    Adept
                    • Dec 2010

Ahh, I was going at it from a different angle. Was trying to destroy corpse lower than a certain lvl, not keep corpse above a certain lvl.

Comment

• krazyhades
                      Swordsman
                      • Jun 2013

wanted corpses or skeletons#wanted!k!k!k
                      !corpses
                      "autodestroyer haiku"
                      hahahahaha

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

I was playing around with my Possessor, Hugo$oul 934, and caught myself a Greater kraken from Numenor I THOUGHT I could use until I realized...I CAN'T FUCKING MOVE on dry land AND I cannot switch out because I have no immediate spare bodies to use!! Of course, I left them at home. Even worse, bye bye Ulik! FUCK!!!

SINCE WHEN WERE KRAKENS NO LONGER ALLOWED TO MOVE ON LAND?!!!

Ugh...Well, there's one I can do...recall back to Numenor. But then, I risk losing Shiva's Avatar which will fucking suck if I do!

If ANYONE (especially sng.god) reads this, DO NOT POSSESS Greater krakens if you plan on navigating on dry land!!!!
                        My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Arjen
                          Adept
                          • Dec 2010

Maybe a possessor should be able to unposses a corpse, destroying it in the process for when you find yourself stuck or really want to ditch a corpse.

Comment

• chris
                            PosChengband Maintainer
                            • Jan 2008

I agree that Unpossess should be allowed. But your fishy can't walk. Perhaps if he could fly? (Hint: You need levitation!)

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

Not having Levitation was a big oversight on my part. Will have to give up the Shiva's Avatar boots and move on.
                              My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• shadow
                                Rookie
                                • Oct 2014

Is there a Mac build of the latest version available for download?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎