Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eeeickythump
    Rookie
    • Apr 2010

Thanks, I was indeed using 1.3.0. I downloaded 1.3.1 and managed to fix the problem myself by scumming townsfolk until I had enough money to buy a recall scroll.

While I'm at it I should mention another bug. There seems to be a problem (or at least I have a problem) with keymaps that cast spells. I have a spellbook engraved @m1 and none of the following work:

m1d
    m1[space]d
    mad
    m1[down][down]down][enter]

They all just display the list of spells in the book. No such problem with vanilla Angband, or Oangband 1.1.0u.
    Last edited by eeeickythump; November 29, 2012, 19:21.

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by eeeickythump
      While I'm at it I should mention another bug. There seems to be a problem (or at least I have a problem) with keymaps that cast spells. I have a spellbook engraved @m1 and none of the following work:

m1d
      m1[space]d
      mad
      m1[down][down]down][enter]

They all just display the list of spells in the book. No such problem with vanilla Angband, or Oangband 1.1.0u.
      Yes, there does seem to be an issue with numbered keymaps that I can't repeat. Oh, and mad doesn't work? My guess is it's menus not behaving nicely. Thanks for the info.
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Fendell Orcbane
        Swordsman
        • Apr 2010

Hey, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this...but the storage system is kinda buggy. When you have too much stuff in your backpack it sometimes gets stored in there anyway or...it just disappears into the ether.

Comment

• Fendell Orcbane
          Swordsman
          • Apr 2010

Another bug I found...when you acid proof something it gives your items powers...weird. But it also makes it proof against all other elements.

Comment

• Nick
            Vanilla maintainer
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Fendell Orcbane
            Hey, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this...but the storage system is kinda buggy. When you have too much stuff in your backpack it sometimes gets stored in there anyway or...it just disappears into the ether.
            Yes, there are some issues with inventory handling with a full pack.

Originally posted by Fendell Orcbane
            Another bug I found...when you acid proof something it gives your items powers...weird. But it also makes it proof against all other elements.
            This one is new, though. Thanks for the report - I'll check it out when I get the chance.

Comment

• Psi
              Knight
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by buzzkill
              This time fer sure, nothin up my sleeve, Presto!!! v2.1. All the awesomeness of v2 without any transparency.

Something odd happened with v3. I think I got confused and combined 2 partially identical but (upon closer inspection) different 8x8 tilesets. That's what I get for pushing out work completely untested.
              Just had a quick go with this and once I started a new level, it seemed to function as I'd expect - it actually seemed quicker too somewhat strangely. Thanks for sorting this out.

Nick - 2.1 is the one for the distro.

Comment

• eeeickythump
                Rookie
                • Apr 2010

Another buglet. When inspecting items for sale in shops (with 'x') the descriptions all start with:

Bought from a store in %s level %d.
                edit: also, after zapping a rod of trap detection near the edge of a detected area (tiles marked green), the tiles remain green until the player moves or does something else to make the display update. Also the walls/doors are not green, making the edge of the detection area quite hard to see.

PS re my earlier post, a "mad" keymap now works to cast a spell after exiting and reloading the game... strange...
                Also f[enter]*t works for firing missiles, while f0*t fails in the same way as m1a.
                Last edited by eeeickythump; December 3, 2012, 03:02.

Comment

• HugoVirtuoso
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by eeeickythump
                  Another buglet. When inspecting items for sale in shops (with 'x') the descriptions all start with:

Bought from a store in %s level %d.

edit: also, after zapping a rod of trap detection near the edge of a detected area (tiles marked green), the tiles remain green until the player moves or does something else to make the display update. Also the walls/doors are not green, making the edge of the detection area quite hard to see.

PS re my earlier post, a "mad" keymap now works to cast a spell after exiting and reloading the game... strange...
                  Also f[enter]*t works for firing missiles, while f0*t fails in the same way as m1a.
                  I want to confirm that the bug is indeed in FAAngband 1.3.1, and persists in all char dumps as well.
                  My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA

If I'm offline I'm probably in the middle of maintaining Gentoo or something-Linux or other.

As of February 18th, 2022, my YouTube username is MidgardVirtuoso

Comment

• Mondkalb
                    Knight
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Nick
                    Thanks - looks like I just either reverted my inclusion of these, or never did it...

Now fixed in development, and will be in the next release. For those currently using the Gervais tiles, just download buzzkill's UT32, put the graf-dvg-fa127.prf in the lib\pref folder (renamed to graf-dvg.prf), and put his 32x32.png in the lib\xtra\graf folder.
                    Hm, I would give it a try, but I only see an empty page there ....

Never mind, had to use that internet exploder to get it .... ^^
                    Last edited by Mondkalb; March 16, 2013, 08:18.
                    My Angband winners so far

My FAangband efforts so far

Comment

• Mondkalb
                      Knight
                      • Apr 2007

It works quit well, but I found a cap which had a dark glove icon. Also, the roads have no pavements, just plain grass.

Comment

• buzzkill
                        Prophet
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by Mondkalb
                        It works quit well, but I found a cap which had a dark glove icon. Also, the roads have no pavements, just plain grass.
                        I haven't been active with playing any (oook) roguelike in quite a while and it's possible that Nick changed something between 1.27 and 1.3, or that it was never exactly right. I hadn't played any FA in a long long long while so most likely changes I made to keep up with Nick were never play tested.

Though I'm not really into working on the tileset at this particular point and time, if you can provide the proper names (as used by the game) of specific items that are mis-mapped I'll dust off the archive and make the corrections.

Thanks for using UT32. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Pav, would it be possible to post a link to the UT32 files under the "extra files" under the "download" tab (and/or somewhere under the variants tab).
                        MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

This isn't a direct link, but as close as I can get while using a stable/unchanging address.

EDIT: corrected url
                        Last edited by buzzkill; March 17, 2013, 14:16.
                        www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
                        My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

• Mondkalb
                          Knight
                          • Apr 2007

I believe all caps are diplayed as handgear.

Floor pavement in dungeons is as usual, but the pavement of roads in plains, mountains, forests is missing.
                          Last edited by Mondkalb; March 17, 2013, 09:44.

Comment

• Nick
                            Vanilla maintainer
                            • Apr 2007

I have some computer issues currently, but am hoping that when they're sorted I might actually get some FA bugfixes done. Stranger things have happened

Comment

• Mondkalb
                              Knight
                              • Apr 2007

Looking forward to it.

Comment

• buzzkill
                                Prophet
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by Mondkalb
                                I believe all caps are diplayed as handgear.

Floor pavement in dungeons is as usual, but the pavement of roads in plains, mountains, forests is missing.
                                Just checked and everything seems OK using FA131 and latest version of UT32.

Please be sure your using the latest version of the tileset. There are multiple identically named files available so you must choose the one with the most recent upload date. I've since made the choice obvious. Just in case, here's a direct link.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Aside, NICK, how does object.txt align itself with the objects in the prf file now that index numbers are absent form the objects (in the prf). Incidentally, the "version stamp" in object.txt reads "V:1.1.6".
                                www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
                                My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍