Plain gold ring doesn't show up in knowledge menu among unknown rings.
(Neither do sapphire, adamant, serpentine, and ruby, grrr.)
Current master post-4.2.2
Collapse
X
-
Fail rate for paladin recall spell is too high. This is a utility spell, so by DL 32 you should be able to cast it reasonably well. I'm at 42% fail. Compare to fail rate of rogue detect objects fail rate at DL 19, which is a significantly more useful spell.Leave a comment:
-
Come to think of it, the shapes already have a place to change the name of attacks. Could do the same for the Blackguard's werewolf and any future bashy shapes.Leave a comment:
-
We had a discussion about that when the 4.2.1 Blackguard became the first class that could do both. The function of all equipment is a bit odd with shapechange. The current premise seems to be that all your equipment is functioning within the shapechange somehow. You get the AC bonus from your shield, for example. So maybe instead of the shield you have a really big left paw.
Maybe all that needs to change is the messaging.Leave a comment:
-
While working on RubberBand, I'm looking at the code for the shield bash, and it looks like you can shield bash while shapechanged. Is this true? If so, is it intended?Leave a comment:
-
Interesting point. Somewhere along the line - before my time, I think - item prices for wearables moved to being based only on their properties (resists, plusses, etc).
Because the -2 stealth is assessed as outweighing the pFear
Minor demons all get the IM_FIRE flag (from monster_base.txt); most of the major demons get it individually, but a few (like gelugons) don't resist fire.Leave a comment:
-
a few little things I noticed:
- object.txt says a Golden Crown is worth 1000 gold, but the shop would only give pennies for it.
- why do shops buy Ring of the Mouse but not Ring of the Dog?
- seems like demons resist fire even though they don't have the IM_FIRE flag.Leave a comment:
-
-
i am noticing that the dungeon levels are much higher in LF than before.
I'm seeing almost nothing below 7, and a far higher rate of 8 and 9.Leave a comment:
-
i love a ring of digging but i always try to get one or two rings of STR so that i can do away with the +Dig AND get something extra on top.
Digging is, obviously, one of my signature playstyle moves.
Now that you can use a pick, or a shovel of digging, this means you can pretty much drop +Dig right away.Leave a comment:
-
Ring of Digging's really big advantage is weight. For an early character, 6lb vs 0.2lb really matters.Leave a comment:
-
I know. I just said diggers compete a little better since you don't have to switch them out. I still think I'd usually prefer a ring of digging.Leave a comment:
-
The ring activates for stone to mud though. Sometimes you may want to take one turn to dig a square instead of many turns with a digger.Leave a comment:
-
Cool. That makes shovels and picks compete with rings of digging better. I'd been thinking why would you ever use a digging tool again once you find a +4 or better ring of digging? But it's different if it takes a turn to swap in & out a ring, but not a digger.Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment: