X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideways
    Knight
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
    Last Win version (angband-win-82-4.2.1-g4da93f743) doesn't run, game closes immediately.
    Might be due to lack of angband.ini - does the problem persist if you grab a copy of angband.ini from a previously installed Angband?
    The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
      Prophet
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Sideways
      Might be due to lack of angband.ini - does the problem persist if you grab a copy of angband.ini from a previously installed Angband?
      Still doesn't work. The regular 4.2.1 version launches fine without an ini and creates it, the angband-win-82-4.2.1-g4da93f743 version stops working at "loading basic pref file" even with an ini.
      PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Pete Mack
        Prophet
        • Apr 2007

Rod of Detection is ridiculously underpriced. Jusrmt bought my first one for 9000GP, valuation is 3000GP. 20000 and 60000 is closer to accurate. Certainly it is worth as much as the a average Elvenkind armor

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

There have been a few updates since the last Windows build, mostly by backwardsEric and others, Mac build on the nightlies page and source on github. I'll try to get a Windows build done soon, and see if I can see what's up with the .ini problem and other possible issues.
          One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
          In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Nick
            Vanilla maintainer
            • Apr 2007

The latest build (source and Mac builds on the nightlies page, Windows build here) has some more fixes from backwardsEric, and another attempted solution to food issues.

The food fix is that potions are reverted to their previous behaviour (ie adding 1% to food bar), and digestion has been massively sped up for characters with the 'Full' status. Let me know how this plays.

Comment

• mrfy
              Swordsman
              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Nick
              The food fix is that potions are reverted to their previous behaviour (ie adding 1% to food bar), and digestion has been massively sped up for characters with the 'Full' status. Let me know how this plays.
              It's an interesting effect. I like that the overeating penalty doesn't last long. Eat as much as you want and 9 turns later you're back to full speed!

Comment

• jevansau
                Adept
                • Jan 2009

Hi Nick, that link for the Windows build isn't working. Worked out the correct link, but this version is dying while at the '[Loading basic pref file ...]'. Adding an Angband.ini from 4.2.1 doesn't help.
                Last edited by jevansau; September 27, 2020, 10:31.

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by jevansau
                  Hi Nick, that link for the Windows build isn't working. Worked out the correct link, but this version is dying while at the '[Loading basic pref file ...]'. Adding an Angband.ini from 4.2.1 doesn't help.
                  OK, thanks - that's been reported a couple of times now, I'll follow it up.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2009

A possible Id-on-Use bug. What is clearly and amulet of devotion fails to have the regeneration rune identified by use. That seems strange since an amulet of regeneration would id by use. @ should be able to tell hps and sps are regenerating faster with the item than without.

*Edit* Duh! Never mind. I was thinking of the Jewel of Evenstar, but this is just an Amulet of Devotion. Brain lapse, sorry.
                    Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; September 28, 2020, 01:54.
                    “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                    ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Nick
                      Vanilla maintainer
                      • Apr 2007

OK, new Windows build, should work.
                      Last edited by Nick; September 30, 2020, 21:53.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                        Prophet
                        • Apr 2008

Small error in hard_centre_gen():

Code:
                        /* Upper */
                        chunk_copy(c, upper_cavern, 0, side_cavern_wid, 0, false);
                        find_empty_range(c, &grid, loc(0, 0), loc(side_cavern_wid + centre_cavern_wid - 1, centre_cavern_hgt - 1));
                        Offset to chunk_copy() is the top left corner of the chunk and should also be the first parameter to find_empty_range():

Code:
                        find_empty_range(c, &grid, loc([COLOR="Red"]side_cavern_wid[/COLOR], 0), loc(side_cavern_wid + centre_cavern_wid - 1, centre_cavern_hgt - 1));
                        PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                          Prophet
                          • Apr 2008

Can anyone tell me how Hard Centre levels look like in current V? I have implemented them in my variant and found 2 problems:

1) If the center vault is not rectangular, outer area is filled with "unknown feature" instead of walls or floor

2) If vault width/height is an odd number, the vault is truncated to the right/bottom by one line

Would like to know if this happens in V too.

EDIT: tested with regular 4.2.1 and tweaking cutoff in dungeon_profile.txt to generate mostly hard center levels. Point 1) also appears in V, point 2) doesn't (I think).
                          Last edited by PowerWyrm; September 30, 2020, 16:48.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                            Prophet
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Nick
                            OK, new Windows build, should work.
                            This returns error 404
                            Last edited by Nick; September 30, 2020, 21:54.

Comment

• Nick
                              Vanilla maintainer
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                              This returns error 404
                              Fixed - clearly people are really beating down the door for it...

Comment

• jevansau
                                Adept
                                • Jan 2009

Hi Nick, I downloaded it before - I just corrected the URL.
                                And thanks, it seems to be working well, except for the dark mode display.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎