Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wxman
    Rookie
    • Jun 2020

The question currently is "Angband predecessor's name?," which works correctly as Moria for new user signup, but didn't for the new password function. The question that was used previously is the one I think you're thinking of, which was the response to the Elvish above the Doors of Durin.

Comment

• Nick
      Vanilla maintainer
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by wxman
      The question currently is "Angband predecessor's name?," which works correctly as Moria for new user signup, but didn't for the new password function. The question that was used previously is the one I think you're thinking of, which was the response to the Elvish above the Doors of Durin.
      Ah, I don't think I can help then.
      One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
      In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• DavidMedley
        Veteran
        • Oct 2019

I had 0 money when Wormtongue tried to rob me. After failing to get any coins he didn't teleport. Is that how it should be?
        Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• Sphara
          Knight
          • Oct 2016

4.2.1. angband.live Hobbit Priest

On DL99: I'm fighting Sauron and get lucky enough to get a checkerboard greater vault there. I clear the vault, set up few Glyphs in a row and start having the easiest Sauron-fight ever. And then suddenly things go south. Sauron summons uniques and the next turn he turns into snake, vampire or wolf. Turns out one of the uniques is Huan and this brave Valinor hound immediately tramples in-form-Sauron into oblivion. Good dog!

Except that now Sauron has disappeared from DL99 and our hero (ME!) has forced descent on. Bad dog!

Maybe correct the code for future versions so that Sauron in form, cannot be trampled. I don't know how deal with the situation and will Sauron eventually be back. I have about 70% satiation and no food left on the level.

Comment

• Monkey Face
            Adept
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DavidMedley
            I had 0 money when Wormtongue tried to rob me. After failing to get any coins he didn't teleport. Is that how it should be?
            That is consistent with past versions of the game. I have occasionally used that as a tactic against Smeagol...let him steal all my gold and then get into a proper fight where he does not keep teleporting away.

Comment

• Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Sphara
              4.2.1. angband.live Hobbit Priest

On DL99: I'm fighting Sauron and get lucky enough to get a checkerboard greater vault there. I clear the vault, set up few Glyphs in a row and start having the easiest Sauron-fight ever. And then suddenly things go south. Sauron summons uniques and the next turn he turns into snake, vampire or wolf. Turns out one of the uniques is Huan and this brave Valinor hound immediately tramples in-form-Sauron into oblivion. Good dog!

Except that now Sauron has disappeared from DL99 and our hero (ME!) has forced descent on. Bad dog!

Maybe correct the code for future versions so that Sauron in form, cannot be trampled. I don't know how deal with the situation and will Sauron eventually be back. I have about 70% satiation and no food left on the level.
              First, this is awesome

Probably trampling is OP. For now - can you recall and return? Sauron will probably reappear eventually, but there is no guarantee on time - it's relying on random spawning and randomly choosing Sauron.

Comment

• Sphara
                Knight
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Nick
                First, this is awesome

Probably trampling is OP. For now - can you recall and return? Sauron will probably reappear eventually, but there is no guarantee on time - it's relying on random spawning and randomly choosing Sauron.
                Attempting to recall gives the message 'Nothing happens'. Forced descent does not allow recalling unless Sauron has died in a way that leaves the downstairs Apparently I just need to hang around there and hope my food does not run out.

I was also wondering how can already identified artifacts get disappeared if I have not left the level? *Destruction* can do that? I thought it could not, if I had already seen the artifacts. As you can see from the character file, both Isildur and Eowyn are LOST while I've never left DL99.

Comment

• Sphara
                  Knight
                  • Oct 2016

@Nick

Ran outta food. Started fainting and then food clock hit the zero. HP started to drain and then suddenly: Food clock just...disappeared.. when I started losing HP for starvation. So now, as long as I don't eat or drink filling potions, I have infinite food timer. I've spent over 100 000 turns on DL99 now but Sauron hasn't showed up yet.

Comment

• wobbly
                    Prophet
                    • May 2012

I'm pretty sure destructing a monster while shapechanged is bugged. When you kill a monster it reverts the monster race, this doesn't happen when you "delete" the monster.

Comment

• Sideways
                      Knight
                      • Nov 2008

I'm sorting out both of these and several other related issues, will hit Nick with a pull request soon...
                      The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• DavidMedley
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2019

I don't think uniques should ever be trampled. They could be "pushed past" instead.
                        Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• Sideways
                          Knight
                          • Nov 2008

- fixed apparent issue with trampling of shape-changed monsters
                          - fixed bug with food counter that stopped starvation when the counter hit 0 and caused the food indicator to disappear
                          - fixed bug with tracking of shape-changed monsters on destruction/trampling
                          - fixed bug with tracking of shape-changed monsters on leaving level
                          - fixed bug with tracking of shape-changed monsters on game loading, which should also fix a previously reported bug of the same unique being killed more than once

Now we just need Nick to pull this in, and to please not introduce any further bugs like this
                          The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Comment

• DavidMedley
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2019

Sideways, are you Rodent on Angband.live?

Comment

• Nick
                              Vanilla maintainer
                              • Apr 2007

Sideways is all people

Comment

• Nick
                                Vanilla maintainer
                                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Sphara
                                @Nick

Ran outta food. Started fainting and then food clock hit the zero. HP started to drain and then suddenly: Food clock just...disappeared.. when I started losing HP for starvation. So now, as long as I don't eat or drink filling potions, I have infinite food timer. I've spent over 100 000 turns on DL99 now but Sauron hasn't showed up yet.
                                I have a feeling he's not going to now (see other posts in this thread). If you send me a savefile I can fix that.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎