X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Current master post-4.2.1

Yes, we're into bugfixing 4.2.1 now. New builds are up on the nightlies page and (failed to build, investigating, macOS version here) angband.live (source is here) with the following changes:
    • A little optimisation to reduce resting time; I'm still looking into game slowdown
    • Fix of a longstanding bug in equipment curses by David Medley
    • CMake support (for Linux only at the moment) by Joan AndrĂ©s
    • Fix to a lookup error by Kusunose
    • Added tile for mithril bolt by Cuboideb
    • Fixes to documentation building by Stefan Strogin
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
  • PowerWyrm
    Prophet
    • Apr 2008

Ok a funny bug I discovered while playing my variant that I managed to reproduce in current V. Here's how to reproduce it:
    - get two stacks of identical items in the inventory (this is very easy to attain with scrolls of Phase Door): for example, a) 40 scrolls of Phase Door and b) 10 scrolls of Phase Door
    - read one scroll from pile a)
    - result: message "You have 39 scrolls of phase door (a)" but when you look at your inventory, you have in fact a) 40 scrolls of Phase Door and b) 9 scrolls of Phase Door
    - repeating the operation depletes stack b) even if you read from stack a)

I suppose it's because pack is reordered so the 39+10 scrolls become 40+9, but it feels like you read from wrong pile.
    PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• DavidMedley
      Veteran
      • Oct 2019

OK cool I really want to fix a bug in Leap into Battle.

Side note: I like the name except for the fact that I used this spell to give a sometimes advantageous number of blows when adjacent. That's why I switched from my original title to something more vague. To put in another way, is Leap into Battle a misnomer if you're already adjacent, and is that a problem?
      Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• archolewa
        Swordsman
        • Feb 2019

Leap into Battle seems like a fine name to me. The spells primary purpose is in closing the gap, so I think having a name that communicates its primary purpose is important.

Especially since, so far as Im aware (though I haven't played Nature or Necromancer), this is the only gap closer in Angband. Most classes either keep their distance, lure enemies to them, or stay still and pound an advancing enemy with range attacks.

Closing the gap is rare enough in Angband, that I think emphasizing it is a good idea.

Comment

• DavidMedley
          Veteran
          • Oct 2019

Necromancers have a somewhat similar spell, but I appreciate your comments. Thanks!
          Please like my indie game company on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/RatherFunGames

Comment

• MattB
            Veteran
            • Mar 2013

Distressingly, thus far this version is upsettingly devoid of bugs...

Comment

• Sphara
              Knight
              • Oct 2016

Why player cannot access equipment information to check the melee damage while in shapeshifted form? You can check it by dropping the weapon on the floor, being in form and by looking at it. Or count it from 'C'haracter sheet.

Comment

• Nick
                Vanilla maintainer
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Sphara
                Why player cannot access equipment information to check the melee damage while in shapeshifted form? You can check it by dropping the weapon on the floor, being in form and by looking at it. Or count it from 'C'haracter sheet.
                'I'nspect command should work, I think.

Comment

• Sphara
                  Knight
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Nick
                  'I'nspect command should work, I think.
                  Yeah, it does. Thanks. I've just never used 'I' command.

Btw: Fox Form is free ticket to start the game as CL2. Human Druid learning it first and casting it in town, will level up.

Comment

• wobbly
                    Prophet
                    • May 2012

I'm still finding the bloated clock super annoying. I mean if you drink a potion of slowness, that lasts for what 16-40 turns. If you drink a potion of slime mold juice that lasts for what 1000 turns?? My necromancer is ending up slowed even with regen & not actually eating. He's on a blood only diet & that clock still ticks up quicker then it goes down. If you cycle power sacrifice & vampire strike it just goes through the roof very quickly & never really comes down.

Comment

• DavidMedley
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2019

I hadn't thought about that, but Vampire Strike increases the amount of nourishment that you get as you level up. Last I looked, the food meter is increased by an amount equal to the HP drained (100 HP = 1% fed). And the HP drained is CL * 2, so you're getting fed double at CL 40 than when you get the spell at CL 20.

Comment

• wobbly
                        Prophet
                        • May 2012

Tracked some numbers, I started at 38% fed, 4000 turns later I'm at 74%. I have ate about 2 mushrooms. I have regen and no slow digestion.

Edit: Didn't notice Dagmor has slow digestion. Though I still don't think this is balanced right.
                        Last edited by wobbly; June 26, 2020, 17:29.

Comment

• rdermyer
                          Apprentice
                          • Jul 2007

Unsure if this is a bug or just how the Identify Rune system works now (haven't played in years!), but I was unable to identify a rod of dispel traps. Zapping it didn't tell me anything (obviously, since I didn't randomly blast a trap with its beam), and the scroll kept telling me I had nothing to identify.

Comment

• wxman
                            Rookie
                            • Jun 2020

Originally posted by rdermyer
                            Unsure if this is a bug or just how the Identify Rune system works now (haven't played in years!), but I was unable to identify a rod of dispel traps. Zapping it didn't tell me anything (obviously, since I didn't randomly blast a trap with its beam), and the scroll kept telling me I had nothing to identify.
                            Yup, rods are ID-by-use. Scrolls only work for runes (when you see {??} on an item).

Side note...finally went ahead and created a new account, because the password recovery function on the forums keeps saying the answer to the random question is wrong when the correct answer of "Moria" is entered. I'll use this one going forward, the post count on my old account wasn't anything worth bragging about anyway.

Comment

• Nick
                              Vanilla maintainer
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by wxman
                              Side note...finally went ahead and created a new account, because the password recovery function on the forums keeps saying the answer to the random question is wrong when the correct answer of "Moria" is entered.
                              If it's the question I think it is, "Moria" isn't the correct answer. The correct answer is in the chapter "A Journey in the Dark" of the Fellowship of the Ring, in the discussion on how to enter Moria.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎