• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Pete Mack
    Feature request:
    Thrall/lost soul mode. V definitely needs this.
    Where would the player start, do you think? Any special gear/conditions?
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Pete Mack
      Prophet
      • Apr 2007

DL 40 or so, maybe start on stairs.
      Equipment along these lines:
      Lantern
      Wand of MM for full caster.
      Longbow and 20 arrows for everyone else
      5 ?PD, 5 CLW(?)
      1 !Hero
      Dagger (or class dependent suitable weapon)
      Book 1
      ?Teleport

I am not sure you should have class options beyond warrior and rogue.

Comment

• wobbly
        Prophet
        • May 2012

dlvl 99
        40 mushrooms of sprinting
        40 mushrooms of terror
        40 mushrooms of shadow
        40 mushrooms of second sight
        40 mushrooms of emergency
        a flask of whisky

Comment

• DrWho42
          Adept
          • May 2019

Originally posted by wobbly
          dlvl 99
          40 mushrooms of sprinting
          40 mushrooms of terror
          40 mushrooms of shadow
          40 mushrooms of second sight
          40 mushrooms of emergency
          a flask of whisky
          mushroom for improvement
          avatar by chuckdrawsthings. thanks chuck!

bootleg fishcenterlive

🌲link🌲tree🌲

Comment

• PowerWyrm
            Prophet
            • Apr 2008

In ToME you start on dl99 I think with nothing more than your usual starting gear.
            PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Thraalbee
              Knight
              • Sep 2010

No teleport but ?destruction

Comment

• Derakon
                Prophet
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                In ToME you start on dl99 I think with nothing more than your usual starting gear.
                Don't you also get innate ESP until you make it back to the surface?

I'd be in favor of the mushroom start.

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
                  Don't you also get innate ESP until you make it back to the surface?
                  Also wraith form so you can walk through walls IIRC.

Comment

• Pete Mack
                    Prophet
                    • Apr 2007

Ok, THAT explains why dl 99 might be survivable. No way with an ordinary CL 1 character with no escapes

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2009

Bug: Trap Immunity rune is not learned from Boots of Wormtongue, even though @ is walking over traps left and right with impunity.

Edit: Also, the Boots of Wormtongue say they have +1 movement speed, but even though @ has plenty of weight carrying capacity and is not overfed, no speed bump is shown on the character's speed. Where is the speed?
                      Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; September 27, 2019, 15:51.
                      “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
                      ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Nick
                        Vanilla maintainer
                        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
                        Bug: Trap Immunity rune is not learned from Boots of Wormtongue, even though @ is walking over traps left and right with impunity.
                        OK, thanks.

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
                        Edit: Also, the Boots of Wormtongue say they have +1 movement speed, but even though @ has plenty of weight carrying capacity and is not overfed, no speed bump is shown on the character's speed. Where is the speed?
                        Movement speed means only speed while moving. It's like extra shots, with +1 movement speed you get to take a step with half the normal move energy.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nick
                          Movement speed means only speed while moving. It's like extra shots, with +1 movement speed you get to take a step with half the normal move energy.
                          I think I understand what you mean, though I don't think it's very clear from any description and no indication is apparent on the Character Information Screen.
                          “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”

Comment

Rookie
                            • Sep 2019

I had a longer break then installed 4.2.0. Here's, some experience from playing as dundan priest:
                            • I really like the new features. Runes, breathes, lava, new lights.
                            • There are (rare) bugs with some traps. I'm not sure exactly what happens, but I think it is when I step on a trap, the game crashes. When I start it again the trap is replaced with a wall block.
                            • Heavy weapons do much more damage than the light ones. Maybe it is specific to priests who get typically only one hit with any weapon at the beginning, and at some point quickly reach the maximum number of hits. The result is however when you find a decent lance, you can forget of daggers, swords until you start finding greater weapons. So many artifacts or ego weapons can't get any use.
                            • I found boots of Wormtongue. I'm not sure if it's allowed to post spoilers on the forum, so let me just just write that they have a rune that no other item has, and it doesn't seem to do anything (unless I miss something!...). I wonder if this is a bug.
                            • Even if I set to ignore every type of money, I can still see them with the detection abilities. Is it intentional?
                            • Newly added monsters (e.g. witches, trees, blackguards) miss sprites (I think the ones I used were 8x8)

Comment

• Thraalbee
                              Knight
                              • Sep 2010

The new rune is trap immunity. Love it. But seems not to auto-id correctly on those boots

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2009

Odd message, possibly a bug, or just strange syntax: "You remember hearing a roar. It yelps feebly." This in response to the spill of an Orb of Destruction on a monster just out of sight.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎