X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voovus
    Adept
    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Nick
    New builds now up on the nightlies page and angband.live, with the following changes:
    • Fix to looking at targeted monsterd so a single space shows the item the monster is standing on (if any), rather than potenitally several
    • Overhead and minimap views now work properly
    • Fixes to stealing suggested by Voovus:
      • Stealing is a bit easier
      • New (deepish) object, Mushroom of Shadows, which gives a +10 stealth boost for a short time
      • Thefts are tracked throughout the game, and stealing successfully from uniques will reduce their drops when killed
    As forewarned upthread, this build breaks savefiles.
    Thank you. I'm really looking forward to trying it out. Just finished off a Morgoth, so it's perfect timing too.

Spotted two minor bugs:
    "Witch" has wrong plural form ("2 witchs").
    Wand of darkness appears to do no damage, while claiming that it does (unless it's meant for particular types of monsters that are specifically vulnerable to darkness damage, a la light damage).

Comment

• Thraalbee
      Knight
      • Sep 2010

Boo hoo - nasty savefile standart/randart bug

Tired of losing all my games, I loaded my last (dead) character, said NO to immediate restart, then changed settings from randarts to standarts and then started. And for sure, things went better all the way and just now I had managed to get a short bow of power AND a nice artifact cutlass. Except it was a random artifact! I verified that the =setting was for standards (y) then quit the game to zip the savefile and the randart file for a bug report. Hmmm, there is no randart file. Odd. Restart the game and... crash due to not finding the randart file. Back to rolling up another weak ironman ranger...

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Voovus
        Spotted two minor bugs:
        "Witch" has wrong plural form ("2 witchs").
        Wand of darkness appears to do no damage, while claiming that it does (unless it's meant for particular types of monsters that are specifically vulnerable to darkness damage, a la light damage).
        First one is actually fixed in the latest build too. Second I need to check.

Originally posted by Thraalbee
        Tired of losing all my games, I loaded my last (dead) character, said NO to immediate restart, then changed settings from randarts to standarts and then started. And for sure, things went better all the way and just now I had managed to get a short bow of power AND a nice artifact cutlass. Except it was a random artifact! I verified that the =setting was for standards (y) then quit the game to zip the savefile and the randart file for a bug report. Hmmm, there is no randart file. Odd. Restart the game and... crash due to not finding the randart file. Back to rolling up another weak ironman ranger...
        OK, will follow this up.
        One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
        In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Voovus
          Adept
          • Feb 2018

Newest build seems to have a save game bug: unique monsters appear to come back from the grave when loading a game (all marked as alive in monster memory).

Got suspicious after killing Maggot's fifth dog...

Comment

• Nick
            Vanilla maintainer
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Voovus
            Newest build seems to have a save game bug: unique monsters appear to come back from the grave when loading a game (all marked as alive in monster memory).

Got suspicious after killing Maggot's fifth dog...
            Yep, confirmed. Will get a fix out when I work out what's gone wrong.

Comment

• Nick
              Vanilla maintainer
              • Apr 2007

OK, new builds which no longer have the zombie unique issue are up.

Comment

• Chud
                Swordsman
                • Jun 2010

OK, new builds which no longer have the zombie unique issue are up.
                It might be fun (at least in the Dwarf Fortress sense) if they came back as actual zombie versions of themselves.

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Thraalbee
                  OK, I can replicate this. No idea what's going on.

Comment

• Nick
                    Vanilla maintainer
                    • Apr 2007

Randart bug is found and fixed, fix will be in the next build. It is possible to change from randarts to standarts with the following character in the current build; you just need to make a character (with standarts), suicide immediately, then make a new one.

Comment

• mrfy
                      Swordsman
                      • Jul 2015

Randart bug is found and fixed, fix will be in the next build. It is possible to change from randarts to standarts with the following character in the current build; you just need to make a character (with standarts), suicide immediately, then make a new one.
                      Heh. This happened to me when I updated to the newest nightly. I always seem to forget to to update the Birth options. Create character, realize sound isn't on, realize randarts aren't selected. Kill character, restart.

Btw, I'm finding the revised Ranger to be much better and not overpowered. I seem to be having issues in the late-mid game (latest fail from didn't have poison protection on and ran into an 8-headed hydra). But much better than it was.

Comment

• gtrudeau88
                        Scout
                        • Nov 2018

Found a bug. No idea how to report it

Noticed there are no places in town to buy priestly weapons. The temple only has books and in multiple games the weapons shop does not have these either. Pretty hard to arm a priest from the start.

Comment

• Nick
                          Vanilla maintainer
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by gtrudeau88
                          Noticed there are no places in town to buy priestly weapons. The temple only has books and in multiple games the weapons shop does not have these either. Pretty hard to arm a priest from the start.
                          Priests no longer get a penalty from wielding sharp weapons, but they do get a bonus from wielding blessed weapons.

Comment

• gtrudeau88
                            Scout
                            • Nov 2018

OK. Sorry then

Comment

• Thraalbee
                              Knight
                              • Sep 2010

I'm hungry, I eat food => Fed 80%. I am not satisfied so I cast the (ranger) Satisfy Hunger spell too => Fed 49%. With the current naming of the spell this is very unintuitive. Sure it brings < 49% fed to 49% which is fine. Also, a glutton at 99% fed is much helped by using the spell to get to 49%, but again the naming is not telling what the spell does.

Comment

• Derakon
                                Prophet
                                • Dec 2009

Maybe call it "Remove Hunger"? Doesn't really help with taking your satiation down but it's more clearly less filling than "Satisfy".

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎