X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Estragon
    Trying out the Necromancer, and just found a randart that activates for teleport. On inspection the activation description reads: "When activated, it teleports you randomly about 6034472405570f the largest distance you could go."
    Thanks - this has been reported before, but I keep forgetting it. It's now filed as a bug.
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• cccfire
      Rookie
      • Feb 2016

The rogue description says you can steal from monsters; how do you do that?

Comment

• Nick
        Vanilla maintainer
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by cccfire
        The rogue description says you can steal from monsters; how do you do that?
        Use the alter command, '+'.

Comment

• Werbaer
          Adept
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by mrfy
          So I thought by adding "-I" or "-II" to character name it would automatically increment when starting from previous save file. Doesn't seem to be working.
          Omit the "-" ("Playername I").

Comment

• Estragon
            Rookie
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Nick
            Thanks - this has been reported before, but I keep forgetting it. It's now filed as a bug.
            Awesome. Playing around more with the necromancer class, I noticed that the "command" spell does LOS checks for the player but not the monster - so in a situation where the player can see two monsters, one of which is under the player's control, but the monsters cannot see each other, it is possible for the monster under player control to cast spells targeting the other monster without having LOS.
            Similarly, if the player has sight of the controlled monster, but cannot see another monster which is in LOS of the controlled monster, it is impossible to target this other monster.

edit: Although I assumed the command spell wouldn't work on uniques, I just successfully cast it on Ungoliant. On attempting a (non-magic) attack on another monster, Angband crashes with the message: "Error in flag_on(lore->flags, hurt_flag): FlagID[0] Size[11] FlagOff[4294967295] FlagBV[128]"
            Last edited by Estragon; March 1, 2019, 14:19.

Comment

• Ingwe Ingweron
              Veteran
              • Jan 2009

According to the description, a Fury is "...intent on tearing your mond and body apart." What is a "mond"?
              “We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
              ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment

• Derakon
                Prophet
                • Dec 2009

It's a misspelling of "monde", the French word for world. I guess Furies just don't like planets.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                  Prophet
                  • Apr 2008

Ok I just downloaded the latest build (Feb 24), and tiles/map are completely broken in this version.

I was checking the first commits after 4.1.2 and I see that books have been removed from object.txt, so they don't have tiles assigned. Any idea how to give them back tiles?
                  PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Nick
                    Vanilla maintainer
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by PowerWyrm
                    Ok I just downloaded the latest build (Feb 24), and tiles/map are completely broken in this version.

I was checking the first commits after 4.1.2 and I see that books have been removed from object.txt, so they don't have tiles assigned. Any idea how to give them back tiles?
                    Tiles are assigned in lib/tiles/<tileset name>/graf-<xxx>.prf as usual, but they haven't been updated at all from the old books. The bigger problem is that some of the new or changed monsters don't have tiles; also there are some where the new tile isn't really correct (for example 7-headed hydra -> 6-headed hydra).

I've filed a bug for this.

Comment

• PowerWyrm
                      Prophet
                      • Apr 2008

In class.txt, priests are listed to have 9 books while they actually only have 5.
                      PWMAngband variant maintainer - check https://github.com/draconisPW/PWMAngband (or http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9) to learn more about this new variant!

Comment

• Grotug
                        Veteran
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Nick
                        Nightlies page has new builds, a few small changes:
                        • Bug where held monsters could move if they were stunned as well is fixed (thanks wobbly)
                        • Ogre mages coloured like other mages
                        • Typo in Old Man Willow's description carefully imported from ToME has been ruthlessly destroyed
                        • Monster lore file (lore.txt) should now load fine even if it has obsolete monsters in it
                        More bugfixes will come, I'm also going to start looking at the artifact list (tweaking individual items rather than removing old ones or introducing new ones) and randart generation.
                        [spoiler][/spoiler]

Game crashed dropping an !Infravision into home.
                        Last edited by Grotug; March 8, 2019, 13:34.
                        Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

Detailed account of my Ironman win here.

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• Grotug
                          Veteran
                          • Nov 2013

Pile integrity failure at obj-pile.c:214

Guilty object
                          =============
                          Name: Heroism
                          Next: Berserk Strength

Guilty pile
                          =============
                          Name: & Bolt~
                          Name: Cure Light Wounds
                          Name: Phase Door
                          Name: & Pair~ of Leather Sandals
                          Name: & Rounded Pebble~
                          Name: Light
                          Name: & Bolt~
                          Name: & Arrow~
                          Name: & Cloak~
                          Name: Treasure Detection
                          Name: Detect Invisible
                          Name: True Seeing
                          Name: Stun Monster
                          Name: Second Sight
                          Name: Light
                          Name: & Set~ of Leather Gloves
                          Name: & Whip~
                          Name: Soft Leather Armour~
                          Name: Stinking Cloud
                          Name: & War Hammer~
                          Name: & Metal Cap~
                          Name: Cure Light Wounds
                          Name: & Lantern~
                          Name: Digging
                          Name: Cure Serious Wounds
                          Name: Infravision
                          Name: Cure Critical Wounds
                          Name: Speed
                          Name: & Ration~ of Food
                          Beginner's Guide to Angband 4.2.3 Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9c9e2wMngM

"My guess is that Grip and Fang have many more kills than Gothmog and Lungorthin." --Fizzix

Comment

• Grotug
                            Veteran
                            • Nov 2013

I think tongue in cheek descriptions are okay for certain kinds of enemies, but it doesn't seem appropriate for a genuinely menacing foe like the new Blood Falcon. Maybe the latter part of the description isn't meant to be tongue in cheek, but I might suggest you type into google: rip and tear and let me know what comes up.

While I really like the implementation of this glass cannon (and DL20 seems very appropriate for such a foe) it does seem a tad early for introducing "incredibly quickly" monsters. What do others think? Certainly Very Quickly would be fine. Very few monsters are incredibly quick. Even the Phoenix isn't. I'm not necessarily advocating its speed be reduced, just putting it out there.

At any rate, its description should probably reflect its otherworldly speed: a blinding whirlwind of fear and feathers. Its razor sharp beak and talons fill its foes with terror as it seeks to rend flesh from bone with unbridled ferocity.
                            Last edited by Grotug; March 8, 2019, 15:05.

Comment

• Nick
                              Vanilla maintainer
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Grotug
                              I think tongue in cheek descriptions are okay for certain kinds of enemies, but it doesn't seem appropriate for a genuinely menacing foe like the new Blood Falcon. Maybe the latter part of the description isn't meant to be tongue in cheek, but I might suggest you type into google: rip and tear and let me know what comes up.
                              I had no idea, thank you for pointing that out. Clearly I'm getting old. I like your description, and will use it.

I'm inclined to think the speed is OK; I'll wait to see how many people squeal about it

Comment

• mrfy
                                Swordsman
                                • Jul 2015

Just got my dwarf priest to level 30, and while it appears that the Orb of Draining prayer does do radius 3 damage now, the prayer book still says "dam 45+3d6, rad 2". Shouldn't it change to show "rad 3"?

The description of the prayer looks to be correct, "The bigger area of effect is attained at character level 30."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎