X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    Vanilla maintainer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
    Nick, did you recently make a change to targeting commands? It used to be that once in (*) targeting mode, the command (p) would center the target on @ and allow me to move it from there, but that no longer works as of at least today. The command (o) center on object still works, though it's a pain to have to move the cursor a lot farther. I did like the option of either.
    That will be fixed in the next build. Moral of the story - don't always believe compiler warnings
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Clearshade
      Rookie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Nick
      • Upgrade to digging: the tunnel command automatically uses the best digger the player has in their pack if its better than what's currently in the weapon slot (at no turn cost)
      Not sure this is significant, but one thing that has occurred to me is that the new improved digging renders curses on diggers trivial. Since you don't wield the digger, the curse doesn't come into play (I'm guessing).

I also want to add that this change has had one of the biggest impacts on my personal play style in the last ten years. I now am always carrying a digger. Thanks, Nick, for making inventory management one slot harder!!!

Comment

• ClaytonAguiar
        Scout
        • May 2009

No more torch refilling (issue or bug?)

Hi,

I always used F to refill torches. But it seems I can't do it anymore. Is it intentional or a bug? Playing the latest nighly build.

Comment

• Nick
          Vanilla maintainer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ClaytonAguiar
          Hi,

I always used F to refill torches. But it seems I can't do it anymore. Is it intentional or a bug? Playing the latest nighly build.
          Torches haven't been refillable for a while - when one runs out you just throw it away.

Comment

• Nick
            Vanilla maintainer
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Clearshade
            Not sure this is significant, but one thing that has occurred to me is that the new improved digging renders curses on diggers trivial. Since you don't wield the digger, the curse doesn't come into play (I'm guessing).
            I hadn't thought about that - I think I'm fine with it, though. Glad you're using them more, that was the intent

Comment

• Sphara
              Knight
              • Oct 2016

After dying, angband.live doesn't start a new game UNLESS I press that delete&download savefile first. This also sets birth options back to default so I need to remember to change them every time now.

EDIT: Uh, regular save files don't load either
              Last edited by Sphara; June 15, 2019, 12:55.

Comment

• Diego Gonzalez
                Adept
                • May 2007

Found a bug in the latest nightlies (460). The game throws a parse error after launching a randart character for the second time. Line 7 in randart.txt I think.

Comment

• Nick
                  Vanilla maintainer
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Diego Gonzalez
                  Found a bug in the latest nightlies (460). The game throws a parse error after launching a randart character for the second time. Line 7 in randart.txt I think.
                  Was it an existing character before the update? If so, me adding a new artifact might have done that. I can have a look at the save (and randart file) if you like.

Comment

• Kusunose
                    Rookie
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Nick
                    Was it an existing character before the update? If so, me adding a new artifact might have done that. I can have a look at the save (and randart file) if you like.
                    I have tested with a new character. Here are the error message and the offending line.

>src/angband: Parse error in randart line 7 column 1.
                    randart.txt
                    >info:5:5:10000

The problem is that the artifact text format and the parser is updated in the recent change but randart text output routine (write_randart_entry) is not updated accordingly.
                    A free, single-player roguelike dungeon exploration game - Small rework of artifacts angband/angband@d815a7c

Comment

• Nick
                      Vanilla maintainer
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Kusunose
                      I have tested with a new character. Here are the error message and the offending line.

>src/angband: Parse error in randart line 7 column 1.
                      randart.txt
                      >info:5:5:10000

The problem is that the artifact text format and the parser is updated in the recent change but randart text output routine (write_randart_entry) is not updated accordingly.
                      https://github.com/angband/angband/c...8346e02ffc2800
                      Oh, of course, thanks; I'll do a fix and get it out.

Comment

• Nick
                        Vanilla maintainer
                        • Apr 2007

OK, fix pushed and building; I'll post on the prep for 4.2 thread (which is meant to replace this one as the "current issues" thread) when it's done.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎