X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sose
    Rookie
    • Jan 2014

Awesome, a new video. Thanks!

And it's a smith, it'll be interesting to see as I've never won with a smithing character yet.

Comment

• debo
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Next video up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhkWOeQtl4w
      Glaurung, Father of the Dragons says, 'You cannot avoid the ballyhack.'

Comment

• debo
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

Hi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAonNm1Y03Y

Comment

• clouded
          Swordsman
          • Jun 2012

The best video you've done.

Comment

• Gobbopathe
            Rookie
            • Sep 2014

Just to let you know : I just finished live sessions where I managed a win. Drawback : I'm french.
            Have a look here if interested : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Ki-Tvb8hhqqK_P

Comment

• debo
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Hey folks, I had an urge to play Sil recently and decided to try recording a bit again. Nothing fancy, but there's a new video here.

I'm streaming these on Twitch and then dumping them to YouTube, so if you ever want to catch a livestream you can follow me here.

Comment

• Quirk
                Swordsman
                • Mar 2016

Originally posted by debo
                Hey folks, I had an urge to play Sil recently and decided to try recording a bit again. Nothing fancy, but there's a new video here.

I'm streaming these on Twitch and then dumping them to YouTube, so if you ever want to catch a livestream you can follow me here.
                I enjoyed it. Good to see a veteran back again.

Comment

• debo
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

Hiya, new episode of Sil-Q out here.

Comment

• Quirk
                    Swordsman
                    • Mar 2016

Hiya, new episode of Sil-Q out here.
                    On the Finesse buff: deathblades and damage rings also are gone now, so stabbers were quite a bit weaker. I crunched the numbers and figured out another 1 reduction in the crit cost was viable, so I took it off Finesse (it also turned out from simulations that Finesse was surprisingly worse than Power, so this balanced it out some).

Also, I feel like Smite and Flanking might not be a natural combo, it seems to me that Flanking tends to lead to being surrounded and the post-Smite pause is likely to open you up to taking hits. It's less of a concern if you're fighting one on one.
                    Last edited by Quirk; October 21, 2019, 02:28.

Comment

• debo
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Quirk
                      On the Finesse buff: deathblades and damage rings also are gone now, so stabbers were quite a bit weaker. I crunched the numbers and figured out another 1 reduction in the crit cost was viable, so I took it off Finesse (it also turned out from simulations that Finesse was surprisingly worse than Power, so this balanced it out some).

Also, I feel like Smite and Flanking might not be a natural combo, it seems to me that Flanking tends to lead to being surrounded and the post-Smite pause is likely to open you up to taking hits. It's less of a concern if you're fighting one on one.
                      I posted some questions in the sil-q 1.4.2 thread along these lines, if you have a moment to check it out.

Comment

• debo
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

Still going with Sil-q! Next one is here.

Comment

• Quirk
                          Swordsman
                          • Mar 2016

Still going with Sil-q! Next one is here.
                          Smite and Charge do work together, for what it's worth. Always difficult judging feedback as I don't want to be too spammy; the current approach is to prefer to tell you about the charge because it's not always present. Should be easier to see this if the combat rolls window is active.

Comment

• debo
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

I should probably post this somewhere else but I'm too lazy.

I did something different yesterday and recorded a (very small bit) of Poschengband 7.1.1. (It's processing right now, should be published very shortly.)

I'm going to try streaming/posting some different variants in the future, but mostly for the purposes of highlighting what's unique / different about them, rather than trying to get really deep into the game or trying to win.

I'm sort of interested in documenting the universe of Angband variants as sort of a video version of the variant catalogue that Nick maintains.

What do y'all think? Would you find that interesting? I'm probably going to do it regardless, but am curious to hear your feedback.

Comment

• Nick
                              Vanilla maintainer
                              • Apr 2007

I'm sort of interested in documenting the universe of Angband variants as sort of a video version of the variant catalogue that Nick maintains.
                              I like it. I'm now imagining putting links on the variant repository to your videos (and others).
                              One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
                              In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• debo
                                Veteran
                                • Oct 2011

Hey folks,

Decided to start recording some videos on FAangband. First one is here

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎