X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolendil
    Adept
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Tobias
    I can't get the borg screensaver to run. If I use the test option on right click or the the test button from the display setting, it demands a directory called alib.
    I usually get that error when I forget to edit the Angband.ini file with the correct path (under Windows, btw).
    Could this be your problem too?
    Last edited by Nolendil; May 11, 2011, 23:48.
    A(3.2.0) C "Angdiira II" DP L:36 DL:44(2200') A+ R+ Sp w:Whip of Westernesse(+10,+10)(+2)
    A Mx H- D c-- f- PV+ s- d P++ M+
    C- S-- I So B++ ac GHB- SQ+ RQ++ V+

Comment

• Nolendil
      Adept
      • May 2007

Originally posted by APWhite
      OK, "Too Shallow" is good to see. The borg has entered the dungeon via the stairs. He would prefer to recall down but was unable to do so due to an inventory short-fall of some sort. He may have only been prepared for shallower depths, for example.

He had been playing deeper (at least level 9 or even deeper). But for some reason, he was comfortable only on shallow dives until he met certain equipment requirements. Most likely, he did not have enough recall scrolls or heal-type potions to continue diving. However, in the dungeon, he realized that he was indeed prepared for deeper exploration. Rather than walking all the way down, he decided to return to town in order to recall back to his comfortable depth.

The big concern here is making sure the borg is still comfortable for deep dungeon when he is ready to leave town again. Otherwise, he will return to shallow dungeon for a short time then return to town with the 'too shallow' excuse.

If this borg continues to play too shallow, send me the savefile and I will see why it is freaking out.

One way to test this is use ^z2 when he is in the dungeon. This will give a report on the depth for which the borg is prepared. After the borg is finished shopping in town, use ^z2 to see the level and reason for preparation. Then allow him to walk to dungeon depth 1 (or where ever he wants to go) and use ^z2 again. Assuming there was no inventory/equipment changes this can tell you what the borg was lacking and what kept him from recalling back into the deeper dungeon.
      Very interesting answer. I'll get back to you on that soon. Thanks
      A(3.2.0) C "Angdiira II" DP L:36 DL:44(2200') A+ R+ Sp w:Whip of Westernesse(+10,+10)(+2)
      A Mx H- D c-- f- PV+ s- d P++ M+
      C- S-- I So B++ ac GHB- SQ+ RQ++ V+

Comment

• Tobias
        Adept
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Nolendil
        I usually get that error when I forget to edit the Angband.ini file with the correct path (under Windows, btw).
        Could this be your problem too?
        No, I checked, and it's on my windows box. Unless the format changed since the 3.0.9. Borg. I had that one running until last week.

Does the borg even run under linux?
        My Angband videos : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...385E85F31166B2

Comment

• Chud
          Swordsman
          • Jun 2010

I haven't played with the borg before, so I apologize in advance if this is a known behavior and "well don't do that" item...

...but, the borg doesn't play well with the disconnected stairs option, does it? Mine keeps returning to where it could have sworn there were some stairs just a second ago (I just came down them after all!) and bounding back and forth between two adjacent spaces there in a neverending fruitless search for the bermuda staircase.

Comment

• Nick
            Vanilla maintainer
            • Apr 2007

Does the borg even run under linux?
            Almost - see here for details.
            One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
            In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Comment

• Netbrian
              Adept
              • Jun 2009

I've attached another borg bug -- the borg continually enters and exit a shop for no apparent reason. In fact, you can't even interrupt the borg until she goes and kills a random townsperson.
              Attached Files

Comment

• takkaria
                Veteran
                • Apr 2007

What's term package?

I fiinally managed to pull something together after trying 3 more recorders.
                Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

I will probably start recording, and open an extra thread for my LP, this weekend.

Turns out ffmpeg has an option to record of the screen.
                Ah, in z-term.c. Probably you'd want to hack something into Term_keypress().
                takkaria whispers something about options. -more-

Comment

• APWhite
                  Adept
                  • Jul 2007

btw. I can't get the borg screensaver to run. If I use the test option on right click or the the test button from the display setting, it demands a directory called alib. It works if I renam lib to alib, but it ignores all settings for subwindows and such. If I use the configure option, it uses the normal lib directory, and uses the settings from my game. If I install it, it demands a second alib directory, and I have no idea where that should be.
                  The angband.ini in your angband directory needs to include these lines in it.

Code:
                  AngbandPath="c:\games\ang320\"
                  SaverFile="Saver"
                  of course edit the path to suit your system. And edit the game name to suit your screensaver savefile.
                  St George Chiropractor
                  Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• APWhite
                    Adept
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Netbrian
                    I've attached another less severe example. This borg like to keep buying and selling the same scrolls. She'll interrupt this to go dive some, but once she's back in town, it's back to the same old habit.

Thanks!
                    This is a good savefile to work with. There are a couple of issues to fix. The scroll one and the 419 arrows. I'll fix this on Thursday and report back.
                    St George Chiropractor
                    Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Tobias
                      Adept
                      • Dec 2009

The angband.ini in your angband directory needs to include these lines in it.
                      Thanks it works now. Shouldn't this be in a readme somewhere like it was in 3.0.9Borg? Also, why does a the file need the path to itself? Strangely recursive, I feel.
                      My Angband videos : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...385E85F31166B2

Comment

• APWhite
                        Adept
                        • Jul 2007

Thanks it works now. Shouldn't this be in a readme somewhere like it was in 3.0.9Borg? Also, why does a the file need the path to itself? Strangely recursive, I feel.
                        I will make a nice "how to" guide and stick it up on the borg webpage. Now that the borg page is using wordpress. It's a lot easier to manage the subpages.

I used to have a FAQ for the borg. The first two questions people used to ask were always the same.
                        #1. How do I start the borg?
                        #2. How do I slow it down?
                        St George Chiropractor
                        Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• APWhite
                          Adept
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Netbrian
                          I've attached another borg bug -- the borg continually enters and exit a shop for no apparent reason. In fact, you can't even interrupt the borg until she goes and kills a random townsperson.

Players problem was the GStore ran out of food. She knew she was supposed to go to the GStore or the Home for food. Its fixed now.
                          St George Chiropractor
                          Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                            Prophet
                            • Apr 2007

Players problem was the GStore ran out of food. She knew she was supposed to go to the GStore or the Home for food. Its fixed now.
                            In these new versions real players know what is inside every shop even without visiting them once you are in town. Maybe you could take advantage of that info with borg.

(IMO that info is so unrealistic it breaks the suspension of disbelief, I think visiting stores at least once should be required to get that info).

Comment

• Derakon
                              Prophet
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Timo Pietilä
                              (IMO that info is so unrealistic it breaks the suspension of disbelief, I think visiting stores at least once should be required to get that info).
                              There's a visitor information center right next to the staircase with annotated maps to the town.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
                                Prophet
                                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Derakon
                                There's a visitor information center right next to the staircase with annotated maps to the town.
                                As soon as you enter the town you receive spam SMS from every store to your mobile. "Buy now, we offer the cheapest prices! General Store Inc.".

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎