Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nolendil
    Adept
    • May 2007

My own borg is also a human warrior and the previous character was too.
    Since the 2nd borg is still alive, I have only 2 samples and thought it was just bad luck.
    My borg.txt also mentions random race/class choices (borg_respawn_race = -1 and borg_respawn_class = -1).
    Looks like we have an issue
    A(3.2.0) C "Angdiira II" DP L:36 DL:44(2200') A+ R+ Sp w:Whip of Westernesse(+10,+10)(+2)
    A Mx H- D c-- f- PV+ s- d P++ M+
    C- S-- I So B++ ac GHB- SQ+ RQ++ V+

Comment

• Netbrian
      Adept
      • Jun 2009

Hi! I saw the borg update, which should help with my lighting issues.

I've attached another oddity I saw -- the borg has a lot of screws loose, and seems to just search spastically before she self destructs. I'm fairly sure that the issue is due to the weight of her armor -- if I remove the armor and junk it, she starts behaving normally again.

On a tangential note, I was considering changing my edit files to cut down on the amount of experience needed to level up, so that levels 35 - 50 in particular go faster for the borg. Is this liable to break anything unexpected?
      Attached Files

Comment

• APWhite
        Adept
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Netbrian
        On a tangential note, I was considering changing my edit files to cut down on the amount of experience needed to level up, so that levels 35 - 50 in particular go faster for the borg. Is this liable to break anything unexpected?
        You can (mostly) mess with the edit files all you want. You can certainly change the level up requirements without doing any damage to the borg.

The borg assumes very little from the edit files. He assumes a few items are at particular addresses in the edit files (a rod or two, maybe two or three potions, broken swords). He also assumes that Morgoth, Sauron, and Tarrasque are at particular index locations. But you can change their attributes and it would not effect the borg.
        St George Chiropractor
        Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Derakon
          Prophet
          • Dec 2009

So if you turn the Tarrasque into a mewling kitten with 1d1 hitpoints, the borg will still treat it differently? Amusing.

Comment

• Timo Pietilä
            Prophet
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by APWhite
            He assumes a few items are at particular addresses in the edit files (a rod or two, maybe two or three potions, broken swords).
            Broken swords? I don't think those exist anymore.

Comment

• Tobias
              Adept
              • Dec 2009

This Borg hangs on my computer ( or rather imagines keypresses ), a few seconds after starting.

It also is starving to death in a locked room.
              Despite having a downstair and a shovel of digging.
              Attached Files
              My Angband videos : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...385E85F31166B2

Comment

• Netbrian
                Adept
                • Jun 2009

I've noticed that the borg doesn't seem to fear Time Hounds nearly as much as I do, with often tragic results. I've seen melees against a pack of them, and they've killed off more than one high-level borg.

Comment

• Netbrian
                  Adept
                  • Jun 2009

I'm posting another savefile -- the borg has absolutely lost it, and seems to be trying over and over again to activate something, but failing.

Note that this borg game from a slightly modified version of the game designed to make leveling up faster.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Torrenal
                    Rookie
                    • May 2011

Been having some fun watching the borg with this his current Kobold Ranger... He seems unable to scum for items in the black market, and I noticed him more recently fussing over whether to buy or sell a scroll.

All in all the borg is impressive, I'm just hoping to get the human intervention bits out of the way so that I can leave him to win by himself.

//Torrenal
                    Attached Files

Comment

• APWhite
                      Adept
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Netbrian
                      I'm posting another savefile -- the borg has absolutely lost it, and seems to be trying over and over again to activate something, but failing.

Note that this borg game from a slightly modified version of the game designed to make leveling up faster.
                      This one is a great savefile. There are three things that need to be fixed.

The freak-out was easy to spot. She was attempting to activate his randart dragon armor for the breath weapon. This version of angband does not have breath-weapons attached to randarts. That was easy to fix, one line of code in the attack routines.

She is carrying lots of {special} items that have not been *ID*'d yet. She can't seem to find *ID* in the store, no surprise there. But she can't sell them until they are *ID*, which is not going to happen.

She is wearing that randart dragon scale mail instead of the Bronze dragon scale ego armor. Personally, I'd take the bronze any day of the week. Surprisingly, the borg is valuing the green over the bronze by about 20k power points. That is pretty significant.

I will track down these three issues and get the updates posted.
                      St George Chiropractor
                      Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Magnate
                        Angband Devteam member
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by APWhite
                        She is wearing that randart dragon scale mail instead of the Bronze dragon scale ego armor. Personally, I'd take the bronze any day of the week. Surprisingly, the borg is valuing the green over the bronze by about 20k power points. That is pretty significant.
                        Interesting - do you use object_power() for the borg's evaluation, or a borg-specific algorithm?
                        "Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it's good to be back home" - The Beatles

Comment

• APWhite
                          Adept
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Magnate
                          Interesting - do you use object_power() for the borg's evaluation, or a borg-specific algorithm?
                          The borg "power" is a reward attached to certain items. It influences his inventory and equipment choices. ie: Having Free Action is more important that Resist Disenchant when the borg is at depth 10. So he is rewarded more for FA than rDisn. The power calculations are found in borg4.c

The recent savefiles have been evaluated and fixes posted to the webpage. Check the borgblog or twitter
                          St George Chiropractor
                          Angband Borg Homepage

Comment

• Torrenal
                            Rookie
                            • May 2011

Whew, that's quite the list of fixes. Thanks!

Comment

• Netbrian
                              Adept
                              • Jun 2009

That's great! I'm glad the borg's shoe problem has been fixed too.

Could you take a look at yet another savefile? The borg is heavily traumatized this time.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Tobias
                                Adept
                                • Dec 2009

The bug I had with the borg hanging, fixed itself somehow, after the affected chars died. Possibly related to me reinstalling windows.

The Borg still stops if a char dies. And if I restart the screensaver it makes a human warrior.

Turning on Cheat_death works as a workaround. This way the borg does restart correctly with the settings from borg.txt. But now all borg chars are cheaters.
                                My Angband videos : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...385E85F31166B2

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎