[Announce] FrogComposband 7.0.mango released

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Sideways
    The formula changed in either strawberry or peppermint, I forget which. It's now 12.5+(level*0.2) lbs for ninjas and ninja-lawyers (other classes with weight limits, like monks and force-trainers, still use the old formula).
    Thank you. Been a while since I played a Ninja. Seems fairly crippling to Ninjas with a max armor weight at L50 of 22.5, versus 30. No DSM wearing Ninjas anymore.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    Started a Ninja.
    Always before the limits on armor weight have been 10+(Level*0.4) pounds.
    As a 22 Ninja that says I should be able to wear 18.8 pounds before 'Heavy Armor'. BUT, under Mango I am getting the heavy armor alert at 17 pounds. Has the formula changed?

    Character found here - Whisper
    The formula changed in either strawberry or peppermint, I forget which. It's now 12.5+(level*0.2) lbs for ninjas and ninja-lawyers (other classes with weight limits, like monks and force-trainers, still use the old formula).

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Dark bolt in death 3 does less damage for more mana then nether bolt in death 2. This used to be balanced by everything resisting nether. Now just about everything that resists nether also resists dark & the spell was always a pain to start with from the loss of sight.

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    Bug?

    Started a Ninja.
    Always before the limits on armor weight have been 10+(Level*0.4) pounds.
    As a 22 Ninja that says I should be able to wear 18.8 pounds before 'Heavy Armor'. BUT, under Mango I am getting the heavy armor alert at 17 pounds. Has the formula changed?

    Character found here - Whisper

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by Mocht
    In a vault I found "Paper armour of Elvenkind [4, +22] (+3) {Sl;AcElFiCoCaDi}", is that a bug
    Nothing there looks like a bug. If you mean the second high resist, that's not unusual at deep levels.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by TauzentBlitz
    My alchemist is gaining temporary telepathy every time I look at a potion of enlightenment? Noticed it when I first examined one in the black market.
    That is definitely not supposed to happen, thanks for reporting.

    Originally posted by Mocht
    Looks like something has gone wrong with telepathy, with the cloak of Jack of Shadows I was aware of quylthugs and rotting quylthugs
    Now that I think of it, perhaps what we are noticing is intended
    This is not supposed to happen either; but I can't reproduce it, except with the quylthulgs in LOS obviously, or in wizard mode, or (in the case of the rotting quylthulgs) a different item that gives ~Evil. Can you post a savefile where it happens, or report the exact circumstances where it happens with the quylthulgs not in LOS (and without a more specific applicable telepathy like ~Evil)? Which options had you changed from defaults?
    Last edited by Sideways; June 10, 2018, 12:38.

    Leave a comment:


  • TauzentBlitz
    replied
    My alchemist is gaining temporary telepathy every time I look at a potion of enlightenment? Noticed it when I first examined one in the black market.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by grodrigues
    Another newb question. My weaponsmith is beginner in maces and xbows, but the character sheet says +5 bonus to hit for the melee mace weapon and +13 to the xbow. Is this correct? And if yes, what is the rationale for the +10 to ranged weapons for same skill level?
    Crossbows have a flatter proficiency scale than everything except crossbows. The normal scale goes from -20 to +20, but the crossbow scale goes from +0 to +20.

    I'm not sure why that is (it was like that when I got here), though I do believe that historically, the main military advantage of the crossbow was indeed that it didn't require very much training (unlike its direct rival the longbow).

    Leave a comment:


  • grodrigues
    replied
    Another newb question. My weaponsmith is beginner in maces and xbows, but the character sheet says +5 bonus to hit for the melee mace weapon and +13 to the xbow. Is this correct? And if yes, what is the rationale for the +10 to ranged weapons for same skill level?
    Last edited by grodrigues; June 9, 2018, 23:32. Reason: add missing words.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by TauzentBlitz
    Random thought: Alchemists with the no_sell flag on might be a too good if you can just Alchemy away the equipment you can't sell anymore. I don't know how the Alchemy skill works yet though, so I dunno.
    Alchemy gives less gold per item with no_selling on. It is still a very useful skill with no_selling on, but it actually comes a lot closer to being "too good" with no_selling off.

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by TauzentBlitz
    Random thought: Alchemists with the no_sell flag on might be a little silly. I don't know how the Alchemy skill works yet though, so I dunno.
    Heh, a little silly would be something like an Android Monk, between the weight and slot limitations I am not sure you could even hit L50.

    Leave a comment:


  • TauzentBlitz
    replied
    Anyone know what a good race/personality combination might be for alchemists? I'm currently using a Craven Shadow Fairy for maximum stealth and good ranged combat. The Trouble at home quest guarantees potions of booze and boldness so I have both a good confusion effect to keep enemies away and a cure for fear right from the start.

    Random thought: Alchemists with the no_sell flag on might be a too good if you can just Alchemy away the equipment you can't sell anymore. I don't know how the Alchemy skill works yet though, so I dunno.
    Last edited by TauzentBlitz; June 9, 2018, 16:12.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by Mocht
    This is the second time I have found a can of toys, the first time I died before opening it
    Is there a suggested minimum dungeon level to open a can of toys on so as not to waste it
    The way cans of toys are supposed to work, it shouldn't make any difference, since the level of objects will be determined based on the level of the can of toys itself and not based on where you open it.
    In practice it does make some difference, because standart generation is based on dungeon level rather than object level, so you're more likely to get standarts if you open it deeper (and the standarts you get, if any, will be better). I should probably change that, though doing so is not as easy as it sounds.

    There are very few standarts with native level >80, and even fewer with native level >90; so once you're at 4500', there isn't much point to waiting any further before you open your can of toys. (Or if you don't care about standarts, you can open it much earlier.)

    Leave a comment:


  • TauzentBlitz
    replied
    When I first started an Alchemist, the "Lvl" listed in the infusions menu was, I assumed, character level. But then I noticed that Cure serious potions level was in green instead of red despite my character level being too low and I could copy them.

    Is it supposed to be Alchemist Skill %? Might want to change the "Lvl" to skill % or something to make that more obvious.

    Hey, I was mentioned in the patch notes. Neat.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    alternatively recalling to the bottom of stronghold which is handy if you want to recall back to the middle of the wilderness rather then starting again from town

    Edit:It's hideout not stronghold now isn't it?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕