[Announce] FrogComposband 7.0.mango released

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gwarl
    replied
    Originally posted by Sideways
    Clear the Tunnels can certainly get very nasty (I lost several characters there during the Composband comp) but with proper approach and preparation (!speed; enough status effect sources, especially confusion; take the warlords out first and as quickly as possible, then the warlocks, then the rest) it's usually not that horrible. It is the most dangerous of the level 25 quests and could reasonably be called something like 27 or 28 but I don't think 25 is that badly off. If it were, CyclopsSlayer couldn't have done it from a cl 19 start
    As the author of clear the tunnels, it is indeed a level 27 quest in my variant.

    Leave a comment:


  • BobZero
    replied
    A feature request. Could the comment at the bottom of the screen that gives the current target (or foe in the case of duelists) give the direction and distance if the general give direction/distance of monsters option is on? This would make it much easier to track the target.

    Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by budswell
    So I only usually do the dump on death (when it asks if you want to make a dump). How do I control the format there? Is it just the extension of the filename I provide?
    Yes, give it an HTML extension and it will produce an HTML dump.

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    Originally posted by Sideways
    That looks like a text dump, you need to use an HTML dump. You can still get an HTML dump of your dead character through the high score list. (This is explained in the FAQ, but I know not everybody reads that.)
    So I only usually do the dump on death (when it asks if you want to make a dump). How do I control the format there? Is it just the extension of the filename I provide?

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    Orc Camp as a ninja is actually very easy. Stay in 'Hiding', have a good bow for the Sappers, and it is just a bit boring. Only the Artillery seem to be able to see you.

    Clear the Tunnels has several choke points. Avoid getting surrounded, the Uniques can't see you if you 'Hide', just wear them down. Warlords and Warlocks are the threat. The rest of the normals are just yard trash.

    nb: The Clear the tunnels adventure generated so much loot I would have needed 5 inventories to carry it all, LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by budswell
    My first char in Frog just died. Tried to upload dump to ladder but got errors.

    Is this a known issue or have I messed something up?
    That looks like a text dump, you need to use an HTML dump. You can still get an HTML dump of your dead character through the high score list. (This is explained in the FAQ, but I know not everybody reads that.)

    Leave a comment:


  • budswell
    replied
    My first char in Frog just died. Tried to upload dump to ladder but got errors.

    Is this a known issue or have I messed something up?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bucephalus
    replied
    Originally posted by Sideways
    The most optimistic quest level, I think, is 30 for the Vault.
    OK. I agree. How many times has my lvl >25 foo died to Botei Building the fucking Emperor there?

    >Clear the Tunnels can certainly get very nasty

    Agreed.

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    It can be & a ninja for all it's OPness has an issue there. It can't use light wands & doesn't have the hps for tanking an army

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    The most optimistic quest level, I think, is 30 for the Vault. But in that case, if I upped the quest level, it would also up the danger level.

    Clear the Tunnels can certainly get very nasty (I lost several characters there during the Composband comp) but with proper approach and preparation (!speed; enough status effect sources, especially confusion; take the warlords out first and as quickly as possible, then the warlocks, then the rest) it's usually not that horrible. It is the most dangerous of the level 25 quests and could reasonably be called something like 27 or 28 but I don't think 25 is that badly off. If it were, CyclopsSlayer couldn't have done it from a cl 19 start

    Orc Camp was actually more off I think, which is why I upped it from 15 to 20.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bucephalus
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbly
    Quest levels have always been deceptive,
    Originally posted by wobbly
    it's got choke pts right?
    Sure, but like, if the levels don't indicate something, why have levels?

    Leave a comment:


  • wobbly
    replied
    Quest levels have always been deceptive, they're set for you knowing what's there (if you know why do you need the level indication??) I'm not sure it's fixable, depends whether that level sets summons & drops. I've brutalised that quest with bruisers before, trying to remember how, it's got choke pts right?

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by Bucephalus
    This is typically how it goes for me too. I think the quest level is slightly optimistic. If you're not fast or stealthy, it's an endless procession of summoners summoning summoners until every unique orc is dead.

    An' yo, sideways. Small bug, feel free to disregard: The innate "enchant" ability of mariliths doesn't impose the normal 99% discount, which can lead to profitable scuminess.
    Thanks. It seems the original designer of mariliths was aware of this potential issue and believed it would not be actually practical to scum on a marilith; but I will make it (and the dragon version) apply the discount.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bucephalus
    replied
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    then I opened the doors into HELL
    This is typically how it goes for me too. I think the quest level is slightly optimistic. If you're not fast or stealthy, it's an endless procession of summoners summoning summoners until every unique orc is dead.

    An' yo, sideways. Small bug, feel free to disregard: The innate "enchant" ability of mariliths doesn't impose the normal 99% discount, which can lead to profitable scuminess.

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    So... I was feeling pretty confident. Tonberry Ninja, dual wielding 'Nimthanc' and a Tanto (Craft) (+6,+6) with AC 96 at CL19. (I needed every bit of it)
    Went into the 'Clear the Tunnels' a little early, and it was pretty easy, then I opened the doors into HELL, not one or two uniques together, no, there were 5, Lug, Lugdush, Shagrat, Boldog, and Orcogar... Then the usual accompaniments of Captains and Warlords Summoning Kin with Warlocks confusing me. Burned through a ton of potions and scrolls, as it took ages to get them all... went from 19 to almost CL 22 in there. Whew...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕