[Announce] FrogComposband 7.0.mango released

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by murphy
    I just remembered one more detail that might be helplful, the prior werewolf died while in wolf form. so the melee weapon that reappeared, was in the satchel when he died
    Yeah, several werewolf-related things were not initialized properly on quickstarts. The satchel was initialized the first time when the game loaded your old file, and given your old items... and then the game tried to initialize it properly later, but stopped because it was already initialized. Also, bits of the code expected you to start in wolf form, while other bits expected you to start in human form. Both of these were only issues on quickstarts, which was why I didn't catch them before.

    Leave a comment:


  • murphy
    replied
    I just remembered one more detail that might be helplful, the prior werewolf died while in wolf form. so the melee weapon that reappeared, was in the satchel when he died

    Leave a comment:


  • Pete Mack
    replied
    Hence mango?
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    I wonder if that is related to the sex change I sometimes see on quick starts. Die a male, POOF!, new char is back to the default female.

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    I wonder if that is related to the sex change I sometimes see on quick starts. Die a male, POOF!, new char is back to the default female.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by murphy
    I stumbled across a pretty big bug with werewolf. I played a werewolf and died. Then quickstarted another werewolf. My weapon slot was empty at birth. And then after exporing a while and switching forms a couple of times, and then trying to wield a new weapon, suddenly i was wielding the weapon that belonged to the deceased werewolf from my previous game.
    Thanks, that does sound like a pretty big bug.

    Leave a comment:


  • murphy
    replied
    I stumbled across a pretty big bug with werewolf. I played a werewolf and died. Then quickstarted another werewolf. My weapon slot was empty at birth. And then after exporing a while and switching forms a couple of times, and then trying to wield a new weapon, suddenly i was wielding the weapon that belonged to the deceased werewolf from my previous game.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Stunning also affects the monster's melee a bit. It is not at all like confusion. Confusion disables a monster more thoroughly (though a confused monster can still get lucky with its move direction, as anyone who's tried to melee one knows...); but confusion is also resisted by far more monsters than stunning.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bostock
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudiment
    I am playing this band like mindcrafter (wood elf). I encounter effect 'daze' which paints enemy health bar in blue. Is there any difference from confusion?
    I also find a small bag - there is no description of talent 'clear mind'
    A blue enemy health bar means that the enemy is "stunned." Just like you, they can be more stunned or less stunned (but you can't see their stunning level unless you turn on an easy info option at birth... not sure of the name). And just like you, while stunned they have a chance to fail at spells, the greater the stunning the greater chance. Also just like you, they become less stunned and then unstunned over time unless you keep making them more stunned (or more dead). I don't know if it affects other actions, like breaths.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bostock
    replied
    Regarding tele-level on quest levels, what's your take on getting hit with the "Alter Reality" mutation on these? I have no strong opinion one way or the other, perhaps mildly on the side of letting it hurt you here... just writing this as a reminder that that's a thing that can happen.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rudiment
    replied
    I am playing this band like mindcrafter (wood elf). I encounter effect 'daze' which paints enemy health bar in blue. Is there any difference from confusion?
    I also find a small bag - there is no description of talent 'clear mind'

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ingwe Ingweron
    "Dr. Who" angels.... Don't look away!
    o.O Oooo... one of the few truly spooky foes of the Doctor! O.o

    Leave a comment:


  • Ingwe Ingweron
    replied
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    Like, if nothing else, those so-called Angels and Archangels that are more than happy to rip your face off and have it for lunch.
    "Dr. Who" angels.... Don't look away!

    Leave a comment:


  • CyclopsSlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Sideways
    (Somewhat counterintuitively, the game does have some evil good monsters.)
    Like, if nothing else, those so-called Angels and Archangels that are more than happy to rip your face off and have it for lunch.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sideways
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudiment
    Some enemies throw curse on me. This is result in items which i can remove with scroll of curse removing. Do such curses have some over effect beside sticking to equipment slot?
    i discovered funny item. Mace (Blessed). It have ego slay Demons and slay Good. It is very obscure combination. Is good demons in this game?
    Items can have many different curses; some are fairly harmless (a warrior doesn't need to lose his sleep over a mana-draining curse, for example), while others are much more dangerous. Watch out for Heavily Cursed items, they're more likely to have really bad curses.

    You can *identify* a cursed item to reveal the curses on it, though for already worn cursed equipment it's simpler to just uncurse the item.

    I don't think the game has any good demons, but the mace will slay any enemy that is either good or a demon, which is actually a fairly nice combination precisely because there's no overlap (Somewhat counterintuitively, the game does have some evil good monsters.)

    Leave a comment:


  • Rudiment
    replied
    Some enemies throw curse on me. This is result in items which i can remove with scroll of curse removing. Do such curses have some over effect beside sticking to equipment slot?
    i discovered funny item. Mace (Blessed). It have ego slay Demons and slay Good. It is very obscure combination. Is good demons in this game?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
☕